!!! Memorable MONSTER WEEKEND !!!
INFORMATION FOR SUPER-C #3 & TEAM #1 – A CHANGE MADE
Course, SC#3 Entry & PokerRunFun Entry attached…
We've heard a lot of pros and cons regarding the Super-C #3 – Team #1 event, May 26, 2012. “I don’t like for someone else to ride my bike or car…” “Why can’t we use two bikes?” “Why can’t we use just one Quad?” “Nobody is driving my UTV.”
AS THEY SAY, YOU CAN’T PLEASE ANY ONE
So here it is:
· The event is a four-lap event.
· Each lap is approximately 28 miles
· Sign up for the class you normally race in
· Choose another partner, no matter in what class or division he/she races in
· Give your team a name or number and make sure that when you fill out your entry form you indicate who is your teammate, and the team “name” or “number”
· You race like always, trying to be the overall and the best in your class
· At the end of the four laps (event) we will post the Overall results and class results
· Based on the overall position you finished and that of your “teammate” you will earn a certain amount of points
· For example: If you finished First Overall you get: 1 pt.
· Your partner raced in the MC or Quad or UTV Class and he finished 8th overall among all entries. That means that your partner earned 8 pts.
· Now you add your 1 + 8 = 9 pts. That’s your total points for the Team
· Your buddy finished 2nd and his partner was 6th. Their total = 8 points
· But your Brother-in-Law finished 3rd and his wife was 4th. Their total = 7 points
· GUESS WHO WON? Why it’s the third team that had a 3rd and a 4th which when combined = 7 pts. They had the lowest amount of points, therefore they are winners! We’re applying the KISS Principal here.
· Since we are starting each racer one every 15 seconds, that means that each is racing against his own time, no matter where you started.
· The rest of the race is much like the others, except that we have three areas that you will have the option to go “either/or.” Meaning that these sections may be a bit more difficult for some.
· When you pre-run (Opens Fri, before the event, between Noon and 5 p.m.) you will have to decide which route to take. If you can't prerun, you'll have to do it during the race itself.
· Note: The easier route is a bit longer, so you will lose time.
· These three sections of the course are also meant to be used by those participating in the POKER RUN FUN event next day, Sunday, May 27th.
· We will be marking the course the Tuesday before the event and we will be able to give you the “Course rating” by sections.
· You are all invited to stick around after SC#3-TM#1 and camp out Saturday night (no charge), and join us on Sunday at 10 a.m. for a fun time with lots of prizes to give out.
· We have posted the revised course on the website and the entry form (all attached below, as well).
· REMEMBER: We have lowered drastically our entry fees for everyone. Times are tough and we know it, so we need to get racers and people to participate. If you sign up early you can race with us as cheaply as$45.00 per entry. But you must sign early (see entry form).
· Also remember that we will have event T-shirts available right at the start/finish and you can customize them. More on this later.
We hope to see many of you.
In the meantime, go to: www.averacing.com for more details.
May 8th, 2012 13:21
Membership in the largest desert racing community has its advantages
- Participate in Forum Discussions
- Send and Receive Private Messages
- Maintain Public Photo Albums
- Access to Groups
- User Profile in our Social Network
- Increased Access to more Sub Forums
- Reduced Online Advertisements
Join our community today