November 10th, 2004, 15:58
Question for a engineer
O.K. here is an engineering question for a real engineer.
The part is an inverted "U" or "C" shaped rocker for a Ford crossover steering that I am making. The tubing that is taking all the torsion twist force is a 4130 1.75" o.d. .500" wall.
Now, most every one know that a tube is stronger that a solid bar. But my exact question is at what point does the wall get to thin or thick and when does strength become a loss.
Another way of asking this is; what is the optimum wall thickness?
Tosional forces only affect this part and the center I.D. is 1".
November 10th, 2004 15:58
Membership in the largest desert racing community has its advantages
- Participate in Forum Discussions
- Send and Receive Private Messages
- Maintain Public Photo Albums
- Access to Groups
- User Profile in our Social Network
- Increased Access to more Sub Forums
- Reduced Online Advertisements
Join our community today