November 12th, 2005, 18:19
race-dezert.com - DO's and DONT's
Posting on Race-Dezert.com is a privilege, not a right!
We reserve the right to delete your posts and/or ban you from this forum without prior warning.
It is your responsibility to read and follow these rules.
General Do's and Don'ts
- DON'T post for sale or wanted "ads" in the Forums - Use the Free Classifieds ONLY
- DON'T use the Forum for personal conversation or argument; use email or private messages
- DO take administrator and moderator warnings seriously
- DON'T abuse site members on the forums, or through email or private messages
- DON'T create more than one account for any reason. If you have multiple accounts:
- You may request to have older accounts consolidated
- We will eliminate your duplicate account
- Violating this rule may lead to deletion of ALL your accounts
- DO take responsibility for your own posts, because we will not
Posting Messages Do's and Don'ts
- DO use the search button before posting; your question may have been answered
- DON'T post nudity or graphic images
- DON'T post personal attacks based on sexual preference, religion, nationality, race, etc
- DON'T post abusive, inflammatory, or threatening messages
- DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument
- DON'T use profanity
- DON'T use obscene or abusive language or images in avatars, usernames, or signatures
- DON'T use insult or ridicule other members in your avatar or signature
- DON'T post the same message in multiple forums
- DON'T re-start a locked topic or a topic that has been removed by the moderators
- DON'T post messages asking why something was removed, ask a moderator.
- DON'T post SPAM about your website, business, eBay ads, or classified ads
- DON'T post links to active eBay auctions or craigslist unless the purpose is to highlight something that is misrepresented, involves possible fraud, or reproductions that are listed as real
- DON'T post someone else full address or phone number without their permission
- DON'T double post two messages in a row; edit your original message
- DON'T post complaints about a forum or moderator; contact us privately
As a general policy, we discuss moderation-related topics only via private contact
Forum Etiquette Do's and Don'ts
- DON'T use excessive punctuation, smilies, annoying or unreadable text colors, or bold text
- DON'T post in ALL CAPS, this means you are yelling
- DO think before you type; remember you are dealing with real people and you are not anonymous
- DO lurk before you post. Read the rules and some existing threads. Locate the search button
- DO respect other people's time and bandwidth, you are not the center of cyberspace
- DO use the private message button or email for personal discussions
- DON'T abuse the quote button; include only as much as is necessary for context. This includes pictures
- DO limit the size of your signature or you will lose that privilege
- DO help ensure a useful post or thread
- DO stay on topic
- DO use a clear subject line; subjects like "LOL" or "Look at This!" are unacceptable
- DO provide enough details or pictures in your question so that people can help you
- DO post in the correct forum
- DO help others. A forum is a community which works best when people share information
- DO welcome newcomers to this community and correct mistakes in a courteous manner
- Use the REPORT button There is a report button in the lower left corner of each post. If you see an avatar, signature, or text that violates the site rules or you would just like the administrators to review it, PLEASE report it. Only the administrators can see reported posts and we really appreciate the help. There are thousands of new posts each day and we can't see everything.
- Since it is MUCH easier to delete a whole thread than individual messages, if there is a large amount of garbage, the entire thing may be deleted, regardless of whether it had any useful information in it. This includes portions of a thread, i.e. moderators delete "from this point forward".
- You can be banned from the Race-Dezert Forums for violating any of the posted rules, or ignoring specific instructions from the administrator or any moderator. Continued abuse of the Forums or attempts to get around a ban will result in banishment from access to the entire website.
- If you don't like a particular forum, find another or create your own. By using this forum you agree to hold Race-Dezert.com blameless and without responsibility for any trauma experienced here. Race-Dezert.com reserves the right to update these rules without notice.
Last edited by klaus; April 21st, 2009 at 16:41.
1999-2009 RDC : 1st decade
November 12th, 2005 18:19
Membership in the largest desert racing community has its advantages
- Participate in Forum Discussions
- Send and Receive Private Messages
- Maintain Public Photo Albums
- Access to Groups
- User Profile in our Social Network
- Increased Access to more Sub Forums
- Reduced Online Advertisements
Join our community today