February 2nd, 2009, 13:18
ProComm Radios/IRC to offer IriTrack for the Snore Racing Series
Press Release –Monday, February 02, 2009
ProComm Radios in alliance with International Racing Consultants (IRC) are proud to introduce IriTrack® to the Snore Racing Series.
INCREASED SAFETY AND RESPONSE
• The IriTrack® Satellite Tracking System is State-Of-The-Art in electronic vehicular tracking. IriTrack® puts in the hands of the organizers a complete system that allows them to exercise unprecedented safety and control aspects that have never been available until now. IriTrack® allows the Organizers to become more quickly and fully aware of many of the dangerous situations that can and do occur during an off-road racing event.
• If equipped on Emergency Response Vehicles as well as Aerial and ground support units, combined with the IriViewer software’s ability to calculate distance and bearing between any 2 IriTrack® equipped vehicles, the system allows for before now, unheard of response times.
• Not only will it allow the Race Organizers to follow the progress of their competitors in near real-time, but in addition, incorporated within each IriTrack® device are several automatic and manually operated safety and alert features that can inform the organizers of potentially dangerous conditions.
• This integral part of the IriTrack® device can instantly inform the race organizer in the event of a roll-over accident involving an IriTrack® equipped vehicle. This feature is automatic, needing no input from the competitor.
G-FORCE (impact) METER
• This portion of the IriTrack® device will instantly inform race headquarters if an IriTrack® equipped vehicle has suffered a 10g or higher impact. In addition, if the vehicle does not move for a period of 5 minutes after such an impact, a secondary alert is sent, letting race headquarters know that the impact may have disabled the vehicle or occupants. This feature is also automatic.
• This manually operated button on the IriTrack® device, when used properly, will instantly inform race headquarters that a life-threatening situation has occurred and automatically place a direct, 2-way voice call thru an Iridium Satellite phone to race headquarters, allowing the competitor and race organizer to converse thru an incorporated microphone and speaker.
• This manually operated button allows the competitor to place a 2-way Iridium Satellite phone call to the race organizer in order to inform them that their vehicle has become disabled and cannot continue, and/or, needs assistance.
• This button can be programmed for different actions. Its normal function is to inform race headquarters of a possible non life-threatening situation, NOT involving the vehicle that is sending the alert. For instance, if an IriTrack® equipped vehicle becomes aware of a disabled vehicle or other hazard, the competitor can activate this button and send a non life-threatening alert to race headquarters, informing them of the latitude and longitude of the vehicle or hazard in question.
• At any time, the IriTrack® system allows the organizer to place a direct 2-way voice phone call to an IriTrack® equipped vehicle, in order to determine status in the event of one of the above mentioned alert situations.
OPTIONAL IRITRACK® FEATURES
• A manually operated Iridium phone handset, allowing competitors to place phone calls to anywhere in the world from their vehicle.
• The ability to pre-program set points defined by latitude and longitude, where-by when the IriTrack® equipped
vehicle passes these set points, an automatic SMS text message is sent to any SMS text enabled cell or satellite phone in the world. Up to 5 of these points can be set per competitor equipped with an IriTrack® unit. This allows the competitors’ crew, sponsor or family to be informed when the vehicle passes these pre-programmed points if web access is unavailable.
* TDCom is the maker of the IriTrack® product and the owner of the IriTrack® brand
February 2nd, 2009 13:18
Membership in the largest desert racing community has its advantages
- Participate in Forum Discussions
- Send and Receive Private Messages
- Maintain Public Photo Albums
- Access to Groups
- User Profile in our Social Network
- Increased Access to more Sub Forums
- Reduced Online Advertisements
Join our community today