October 11th, 2010, 15:55
### DON'T TELL US you haven't been WAITING FOR THIS! ###
CALLING ON ALL OFF-ROADERS
INFO & SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS:
November 6th is the date of our second annual POKER RUN FUN here in Cal City. We’ve just laid out a 50-mile lap (49.5) that is absolutely fun. The event is open to anyone who has a vehicle that you can take off-road; from SUVs, Pick-ups, pre-runners, Baja Bugs, Sand rails, race cars, Formula Lites, UTVs, Quads, Bikes, Pilots and many more (street sedans not recommended, run at your own risk) to all kinds of off-road-worthy vehicles.
November is usually one of the best times to visit California City. The weather should be perfect!
So here are the things you’d want to remember…
• We plan to open early registration, this coming Monday, October 18.
• You can register up to the morning of the Poker Run (Nov 6) from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• The POKER RUN FUN Start is set for 10 a.m. and you have two hours to take off.
• However, no one will be allowed to leave the start after 12:30 pm (Noon)
• The Poker Run Fun Fee is $20.00 and you’ll get a total of five cards per entry, the last card will be drawn during the awards and a chance to win fabulous prizes.
• If you want to play for CASH, the fee is an additional $10.00 which will kept separately. 100% of the cash Purse will be paid back during the awards to the “Top Three” best hands. You will be issued different cards for the “Cash Game.”
• If you are fast enough and complete the 50-mile lap before 12:30 pm and you would like to make another lap, and get another set of cards, just pay an additional $10.00 before you take off.
• There is a “Short-cut” option on the course (see Green Trail on map). If you’re having problems or got tired or for whatever reason, please use it. You’ll be short one Poker card but we will make it up at the Finish.
• If you sign up early (before event day) and you have a programmable GPS in your OHV, we can download the file to your unit FREE of Charge!
• Anyone signing up on the day of the event and would like to use our GPS file, let us know. There will be an additional $5.00 charge to download it to your unit. Your GPS must be capable of being programmed.
• The Poker Run Fun course will be marked with black arrows (white background) and multi-colored ribbons. We are the only ones using these. Always keep the ribbons on your right side.
• Friends, family, children can ride with a paid entry. However, each must sign a “Liability Release” form and obtain a wrist band before going out onto the course. No exceptions! NO EXTRA CHARGE!
• If riding in anything other than a street-licensed vehicle, all participants must wear a helmet and have seat belts.
• We recommend using a mobile FM radio in your vehicle. Our frequency is 151.925 MHz. You can also use your cell phone to call us at: 760.578.6258, 760.578.6256, and/or 760.382.3528.
• The 49.5-mile course will have mileage markers every two (2) miles.
• Degree of difficulty of the course? (“1” = Tough, almost impassable -- “10” = Like driving down the 405 Freeway.
• COURSE RATING: 7.3
• There will food (Hot dogs, donuts, drinks, coffee, chips, potato salads, etc.) between 9 a.m. and 12 Noon. $5.00 for all participants, $2.00 for family members.
• The Awards will take place at 4 p.m. at the START/FINISH, Alta Vista Ranch (Proctor & 138th). See directions on our website. We invite everyone to stay and draw for some great prizes.
• Those who would like to stay overnight, either Friday or Saturday night, are welcome.
• Additional information will be covered at the Start/Finish area.
For more details see our website: www.altavistaevents.com or e-mail: [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]
[CENTER][B]SEE YOU ALL SOON!
October 11th, 2010 15:55
Membership in the largest desert racing community has its advantages
- Participate in Forum Discussions
- Send and Receive Private Messages
- Maintain Public Photo Albums
- Access to Groups
- User Profile in our Social Network
- Increased Access to more Sub Forums
- Reduced Online Advertisements
Join our community today