107 cops racing race report

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Racer, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Racer

Racer Member

First and for most i would like to congradulate Dan Martin for putting on a driving clinic. he started 7th by mile marker 30 he was through all the class 1 and picking on trophy trucks.when he arrived at mile marker 120 where we did the driver change he had approx. 10 minutes on the next class 1 car. my co dog and i were on the road picking on more trophy trucks. everything was running smooth and running the car about 85%.did some more shock tunning before the race and we nailed it. this thing is a trophy truck killer.as gps reads we had top speeds over 137 mph with throttle left. anyways clicking off mile after mile everything golden as we neared the finish line within 1 mile to go the crowed was in a rage throwing beer bottles beer cans ,rocks etc...so we backed the throttle off the ripping Danzio motor down to about 100 mph due to the dangerous conditions and BAM! the cv joint let go....now that we are stopped the crowed was being less than pleasent. so some ex Nunley crew guys showed up in there f-350 pulled us approx 1/2 mile to safety unhooked us by the finishing line pavement.me and my co dog jump out of car push it through the finish line with the engine running. get the checker flag and started the waiting program. 20 minutes later the next class 1 car through was justin davis.congrats to him on an awesome drive.anyways as it sums up from here its my wife and daughters birthday so i left right away drove all night to come home to find out rumor has it we are being DQ with a time good enough for the overall win. All because 2 great fans helped and pulled us from rioting,rock throwing ,pushing and shoving to safety with a tow less than a half a mile.score rules specifically state that you can tow 1% of the total mileage which would be 2.53 miles .so heres another classic story of poor judgement from the hosts!p.s. if you Nunley guys happen to read this thread i owe you at least dinner contact me. cheers!
    (+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. TLR fab

TLR fab Active Member

......lame......:mad::mad:
  3. 3G RACING

3G RACING Active Member

We saw you guys being towed by the nunley guys,
    One of my friends wanted to help you guys push the car across the finish line, I grabbed him from behind and told him that if he helped you guys, you could get dq'd. I don't think he understood the rules... Nonetheless, he stayed backed and watched other people push you guys across the line.
    I don't understand the logic behind SCORE. How are you going to control all these fans? You can't tell them don't help me, get away.....
    No wonder score is going down the drain
  4. alloyz

alloyz Member

no offense, but you are the worst public relations representative a team of such stature should have.
    (+1) 1 person likes this.
  5. racer_dude

racer_dude Back2Back TL Champ!

Uhh, Live TV says different? We watched the car cross the line on the tow strap? Well, at least I did.

I had you with the win by 13 minutes

you were on the gas for sure! but who says that you were only pulled for 2 miles? I dont think score has the man power to put someone out there to check for total distance towed... I also thought that you CAN NOT cross a line while under tow. We watched Billy Bunch at the 1995 Baja 1000 try to push his truck (blown trans?) across the finish line, it took him over 45 minutes to try to get it over the big dirt pile that was in Santo Thomas that year, no one could help him, he hadn't been towed at all, but he couldn't be helped across.

again congrats on the clean race guys. It was a nail biter the whole time watching on the internet
  6. PollosMtrsprt's

PollosMtrsprt's Member

Thats lame congrats on great race.
  7. Rory

Rory Crayola Killer

**score rules specifically state that you can tow 1% of the total mileage which would be 2.53 miles**

I know back in the day the rule ALSO stated that you couldn't be towed within 1 mile of the finish line. Think it was the 86 Fireworks 250 Roger Mears (Nissan) and Manny Esquerra (Ford) crashed into each other a mile before the finish going for the win, Rogers crew hooked him up to a tow strape while Manny stayed and fixed his truck. Roger was DQ'ed and Manny Won. Happened to Jack Johnson too in a class 1 car at the MINT 400 one year. Might want to see if that rule is still in affect. Sorry about your luck, that Racer is FAST!!
  8. Racer

Racer Member

1st of all i am no pr guy 2nd just sharing a little racing story for some people who care about are sport.
  9. Riverguy553

Riverguy553 Member

I was watching the "Live" feed from the finish line and it looked to me that you were pulled thru the finish line. The camera was about 25' from the banners for the finish. On the RDC San Felipe 250 thread im not the only one who noticed it. Sorry about your luck.
  10. Racer

Racer Member

We pushed it through, but the issue is you can not be towed within 1 mile of the finishline.
  11. dirtdriver85

dirtdriver85 Member

Not to change subjects but what happend to your 10s?
  12. MLPten31

MLPten31 New Member

You gotta love this,
    Justin Davis gets his ass handed to him (flat smoked), for 249.5 miles the Cops team puts on a clinic, Cops get a .5 mile tow to the finish line from a broken CV, and yet the Davis crew feels they earned the win? Give me break. The No Potential had nothin for the Racer this weekend and ya'll should be ashamed for pairing with SCORE and letting this happen. Cops deserve the 250 W and it sounds like their not gonna get. Thats not right. Please, someone tell me it is.
  13. MLPten31

MLPten31 New Member

We smashed through a 6x6 coming out of the lake bed while leading which blew out our right front shock. Had no GPS and no radio communication. It was a looong day. Im not sure what happen to Cops
  14. gregsw

gregsw Member

First of all it sounds like you are just whinning. If this was Justin davis that was towed you would be saying the same dam thing. Justin is out there like everyone else trying to win races and have fun. And whether is was a wife and daughters birthday you were there to race I have never heard in 24 years of racing that you get to a finish line and leave without making sure you really got the win. So why don't you just give up your excuses for your DQ and just race the next race.
  15. Riverguy553

Riverguy553 Member

So they might have put on a "driving clinic" but Justin knows how to get the car to the finish without breaking it.. Lets see, driving clinic for 250 miles or a race win??? What would you choose?
  16. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

... Rules are rules..

If they said that I couldnt wear a red driving suit, I wouldn't wear one than complain that I got in trouble for it. Everybody plays by the same rules, if you don't take them into consideration, think it's ok in your instance, didn't read them correctly.etc...that's on you! Nobody else's fault but your own.

The cops guys ran a hell of a race!

Btw, it's not a FP car... It's a ES/porter car ..
  17. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

That's the way I see it! ... Obviously someone was pushing it too hard if the car broke.
  18. dirtdriver85

dirtdriver85 Member

Are you guys going to have her fixed and ready for the Mint?
  19. chicken lips the ocho

chicken lips the ocho Most Annoying RDC Poster FTW

hey RACER guys....... Justin Davis SCORE Laughlin & San Felipe class 1 winner NUFF SAID!!!

now quit your crying
    (+2) 2 people like this.
  20. MLPten31

MLPten31 New Member

My bad on the car brand =p. And im not sure what the plan is for the Mint. We originally planed on not racing it but i can tell you that the the car is washed, striped, and ready for the monday make over. So we'll see????