2012 Mini-Stock trucks

Discussion in 'Shortcourse Racing' started by Pro-Lite Brian, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Pro-Lite Brian

Pro-Lite Brian Well-Known Member

So who all will be ready for the 2012 Lucas Oil Regional Series' season if it starts toward the end of February or beginning of March?

Axup
    Andrea P.
    AJ
    Gorsky

Who else will be ready for So-Cal? Who will be ready for the ASCC opener?
  2. TRichards

TRichards Member

We are doing our best to have two trucks one for Class 8 racer Jeff Stowers and one for longtime fabber Victor Davis. They will be interesting and something no one has seen but they will be legal. Will focus on Glen Helen but may make the trip to AZ once they are sorted out. Any firm dates yet???
  3. Pro-Lite Brian

Pro-Lite Brian Well-Known Member

Just about done re-routing the hardlines for the brakes. The valvesprings should arrive tuesday, then Wayne's Engine Rebuilders can finish assembling the head and bolt it on the rebuilt shortblock. As soon as Wayne's is done with the engine, I'l stab it in the truck. All that will be left is to make a couple radiator lines, power steering lines, and finish up the battery ground cable.

If someone else wants to finish the rest of the stuff, I might be willing to trade a race entry at the last ASCC event of the year. I'll supply the parts, you supply the labor, and you get to race the truck 1 race!
  4. JMS

JMS Well-Known Member

I will be racing next year for sure, truck started today, getting very close!
  5. JMS

JMS Well-Known Member

Define "interesting" ??

What model trucks are you gonna build??
  6. RANSOM

RANSOM Member

im thinking nissian with a turbo? say 95-97?
  7. TRichards

TRichards Member

If I told you it wouldnt be a secret. Its going to be a little heavier than most but if you take 4 components of a truck meaning engine, chassis, gearing and weight we will have an advantage in 3 out of the 4. No Forced induction, didn't think it was legal.Yes its a Nissan. Honestly, we don't know if it will work, we are doing the chassis now hope to test in 6 weeks.
  8. Brandon_Charley

Brandon_Charley Formerly "Cracka Racing"

I should be signing the lease on my shop by week's end, so it is looking good for me.
  9. JMS

JMS Well-Known Member

So pretty much the same thing everyone else is doing? ;-)
  10. movindirt

movindirt Wham Spore

Trucks in garage all torn down, rack is full of tubing and about to start cage. Should be ready for next year! :)
  11. bob380sx

bob380sx Active Member

IM hoping to score all the safety stuff for x-mas. helmet, suit, etc. and I'm planing on using my tax return to finish the truck. I haven't landed a BMX side job for a minute so cash flow has me almost at a stand still. may not make the first race but will be racing next year.