88-98 Chevy/GMC wheelbase

Discussion in 'Shop - Fabrication' started by NOODLE, Apr 10, 2005.

1. NOODLE

NOODLE Member

I was wondering if a standard cab-long bed was built on the same chassis as an extended cab-short bed in this year range of chevy pickups. Actually my main question is if the wheelbase is the same or different for those two styles. Thanks for any help.
  2. jeff

jeff Super Moderator

1990-98 Chevrolet C/K Pickup: Highlights

GM's best-selling vehicle and the nearly identical GMC Sierra had been redesigned as early 1988 models. Both came in three series: 1500 (1/2-ton), 2500 (3/4-ton), and 3500 (1 ton). "C" pickups are 2-wheel drive, while "K" designates 4-wheel-drive models. Short-bed trucks (1500 series only) rode a 117.5-inch wheelbase and had a 6.5-foot cargo bed. Long beds, in all three series, had a 131.5-inch wheelbase and 8-foot bed. Extended-cab pickups rode a 155.5-inch span with 8-foot bed, or 141.5-inch with 6.5-foot bed. Antilock rear brakes were standard. Base engine was a V6, but a broad range of V8s were available, including a diesel. Sportside trucks (short bed only) had flared rear fenders; those with regular fenders were called Fleetside. A 454 SS muscle truck arrived in 1990, with a performance/handling package.

Aloha
  3. NOODLE

NOODLE Member

Thanks Jeff. That is just what I was looking for.