1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Andy McMillin at Parker

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by la2baja, Feb 6, 2006.

1. la2baja

la2baja Familia

Is there anyone out there who knows what happened to the TT Andy was driving? I saw it come into the Midway pit on the last lap and get parked. No one seemed to rush over to work on it. Was there a terminal issue? He was doing well, unfortunate he didn't finish.

2. RacingOne

RacingOne Well-Known Member

Re: Andy McMillin at Parker

Andy said he had transmission problems, only driving in 3rd gear so they parked it on the trailer. Earlier they had hub problems that cost them 1 1/2 hours to replace.

3. Bryan_D

Bryan_D Well-Known Member

Re: Andy McMillin at Parker

You could smell the fluid burning after he came through main on the first lap. Truck looked fast though in the infield.

4. 01_el_tiburon

01_el_tiburon Bait Fish

Re: Andy McMillen at Parker

On his first lap through midway, he hit he right turn where the course met (rM26-86)around 100 miles per hour, tilted the car sideways, just stepped on the gas, he was by far the fastest car out there, herder and robby also hit it pretty fast, but that kid is on another level. Somebody from the crew (vildos) said that Machrachen commented that watching the cars through the infield, it looked like RG was in the TT and Andy in the Hummer, giving due credit to Andy's driving abilities...

el tiburon

p.s. A buddy of mine filmed that turn for mexican TV crew fron DR Off road, in hoping he'll lend me that footage to post it here...

5. Bricoop

Bricoop Well-Known Member

Keep in mind though that If this was early in the race Robby's H3 had nearly one-hundred gallons of fuel on-board and he is about 400 horses down on power. Not to disregard Andy though, he is an amzing driver with incredible talent, but saying hes on another level than Robby Gordon is an awfully big statement.

Just something to think about,

COOP

6. 01_el_tiburon

01_el_tiburon Bait Fish

Hes on another level, for sure, not necesarily over Robby, sounded like i was puting RG down...

7. Bricoop

Bricoop Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Andy is an incredible driver, I understand what you're saying now.

COOP

8. 14802

14802 Well-Known Member

I will agree 100% that Andy's first lap thru midway#1 was like he just got done running that section 200 times before. Heck most TT and buggies either slowed or a (very respectable) TT tried to enter the alternative pit, thinking that it was part of the course.

9. byrd_man

byrd_man Well-Known Member

Was the truck robbys or was it chets old truck? I herd it was chets old truck but wasnt sure? Anyone have any proof that it was chets truck.

10. 14802

14802 Well-Known Member

It was Andys truck (ex-huffman)

11. FlyHiFlyLo

FlyHiFlyLo Ace Mechanic

I wonder what you would be saying if RG was in the TT and Andy was in the Hummer? Andy is the man tho. Where will he be when he Robby's age 15 years from now?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted