1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Any Prerunners in NorCal

Discussion in 'United Prerunners' started by james916, Feb 28, 2009.

1. james916

james916 Member

Looking For people that are interested in Prerunning in NorCal, Iam going to be racing class 7 in VORRA Iam looking for help at pitstops, and prerunning the course.
    Lets here it if anybody is interested.

2. 1971Ford

1971Ford Member

So what you mean is you are looking for someone that is familiar with the Yerington, Hawthorne, and Fallon so you could get a early idea of what the course is like? Those are in Nevada but close enough to Norcal.

3. james916

james916 Member

I have been going to the Vorra desert race tracks for years and I have raced at almost all of them.
    What iam looking for is other people that want to go to the races prerun have a good time and possibly give me a hand at the race.

4. 1971Ford

1971Ford Member

ahhh.
    Im always at the races taking pictures somewhere on the track. What kind of pit help do you need? Tire change/refuel help or more of chase help? It might be fun to get involved in helping a team out..

5. james916

james916 Member

Thats exactly what iam looking for, a couple of people that can be at a check point or between two check points during a race that carry fuel tires and a few parts.
    Pluse we normally prerun the course on motorcycles and trucks the day before.

6. 1971Ford

1971Ford Member

My dad and I are down to help, sounds like fun!
    We are going to be taking my '71 F250 down to the desert races this year so we will have plenty of bed space for spares/fuel/parts or whatever else. We are going to be doing alot of work to it like installing a cage and suspension but I am going to make sure its driveable for every desert race.
    We are bringing the dirtbike too this year for some pre-run-fun.

we will have to meetup at the Prairie city races, Im the kid with his tall dad with my truck...
    [​IMG]

7. james916

james916 Member

Cool truck I like the Old Fords.
    Iam trying to make it out to P.C. one of these up coming weekends depending on the weather. If you are intrested come on out, Ill give you a ride in the race truck. I will P.M. more info latter.

8. Ben Starr

Ben Starr New Member

This thread may be a bit stale but I am in sacramento putting a beam pre-runner together. I would be happy to help pit a truck or get involved beyond just spectating the vorra races. If you still need help pm me and Ill get you my number.

9. Ben Starr

Ben Starr New Member

P.S. I have been lurking this board forever and finally decide to participate last month.

10. HardCharger81

HardCharger81 Member

I'm currently building a 1450/VORRA Group T truck right now in Elk Grove.

11. 9Iron

9Iron Member

Get the big motor in it yet?
    Should move out pretty fast!!!

12. HardCharger81

HardCharger81 Member

Almost!

You know how it is, life slows the projects down.

13. traxiii

traxiii New Member

14. 9Iron

9Iron Member

Best load up your gear, cuz the parade is tomorrow at 600pm,
    and the green flag drops Sunday morning in Yerington!
    Quads at 630 am
    cars/trucks/buggies at 1000am
    300 miles, you ready???

15. TRXSonoma

TRXSonoma Member

I would also be more than happy to offer some help. Im in Chico, but try to make it to as many VORRA races as possible. Im a decent fabricator/mechanic and have a semi-built prerunner that could be used to chase or whatever. Also if anyone needs any machining services my dad owns a machine shop. I also have a few friends that are into the sport that would also be willing to help.

Ryan

16. james916

james916 Member

I started this thred and then forgot all about it.
    I have a race coming up in Hawthorne and if anyone is interested in getting together to prerun or help chase for me let me know!
    I will actually remember to check the board and my PM this time.
    and to let you guys know my truck # is #730

17. Like2PlayInSand

Like2PlayInSand Member

I live in Elk Grove and we have a repair shop on Florin Rd. I know the desert season is done but would like to go to Prarie City and meet the local racers. Hopefully next season will be able to do some prerunning/chase in the desert.

18. james916

james916 Member

I will be racing the next 2 Prarie City races with VORRA (VORRA.net) , come out, hang out, have a good time. The more the better!

19. 9Iron

9Iron Member

John,
    What kind of racer do you have?
    Truck, Buggy, Trophy Truck?
    Keep an eye out for people out there,
    some will be prerunning to shake down their cars. See you there!

20. Like2PlayInSand

Like2PlayInSand Member

Nothing race worthy but a very capable Unimog and VW Vanagon Syncro. The Unimog has a small bed on the back and is mostly stock except for some resi shocks and lighter springs on the back. It is better suited for the Rubicon.

The Syncro has a three inch lift and 30" tall tires. It has 9" of travel in the front and 11" in the rear. Has 15" of clearance under the skid plates. It has front and rear lockers and 6.17 R&P's. Engine is stock 2.1L with a tri-mil sidewinder header. It works great in the desert. I have had it on trails in Moab, Truck Haven Hills, Mojave trail and Anza Borrego. Have also wheeled to the look out over Cadillac Hill on the Rubicon from the Tahoe side. For lots of pics and video google "SyncroMog"

I also have a '91 V6 Toyota short bed 4x4 project. Plans are to build it into a truggy. I have an ESB 18" travel front suspension/steering kit for it. I want to keep it a 4x4 and am leaning towards IRS. I have a Range Rover 4.0 V8 for it also. I may do something wild and drop a VW Thing body on it somehow lol.