BAJA 1000 moviestars and race support wanted..

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Kenshiro, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Hi,

So racing this years 1000 didn´t go as planned. With some perspetive on things it really is for the better. The focus now ( besides working on the car ) is to come over this year and shooting material for my documentary and learn some more about the BAJA 1000 for my solo effort in the Honda next year. I feel this is the way to go, i really need to absorb as much as i can about the race, coming over this year is a must.

The best way as i see it from my point of view is to "join" an existing team who will be racing both this year and in 2014. I will tag along with you guys at this years 1000 with my camera gear and shoot some material for my documentary, watch and learn as much as i can. I will of course pay for my own expenses. Your team will be a part of the final movie in 2015, big plans for this one.

I will explain more on my thoughts around this if you send me a PM.

If this isn´t for you, then maybe you could forward this to someone that you think might be interested,,

Best regards from the SWEED,,

Attached Files:

2. Travisfab

Travisfab Active Member

Going with a team will give you good behind the scenes exposure before the race, but on race day I don't think it will be what you are expecting. As a spectator, you end up in all the cool spots, see all the cars come through, and then leap frog to the next spot. With a race team, you end up on the side of a highway, pit for your vehicle, and then move on. If your car is 8 hours behind, you wait, or go get them.
  3. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

I must make a choice as i can't clone myself. I wan't to shoot the race teams view of the race, for me that's more important. But i agree, i guess there is other ways of getting some cool race action shots. I was at calamuge wash ( spelling ) in 2010, we pulled out cars and quads all night. Seriously the best time of my life.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
  4. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Well I'm no movie star but everyone says I look just like Brad Pitt.
  5. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Haha,,

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
  6. BajaFand

BajaFand Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. But I think going with a team will be a better learning experience of what it takes to do the race, the difficulties and challenges involved, and how race strategies are planned out and how they work out on race day. Something you really need to experience if you ever plan on racing with your own program.
  7. BajaFand

BajaFand Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. But I think going with a team will be a better learning experience of what it takes to do the race, the difficulties and challenges involved, and how race strategies are planned out and how they work out on race day. Something you really need to experience if you ever plan on racing with your own program.
  8. Short Bus

Short Bus Well-Known Member

It will be easy enough to make a deal with one of the many media guys filming to supply race footage. Behind the scenes stuff you will have to do yourself.
  9. EBryant

EBryant Member

It really depends on the story you want to tell with your film, or what message you want to deliver. Is it about the teams? A specific team? Is it about the sanctioning body and what it takes to put the race on? Is it a spectator or fans point of view? Are you trying to tell the viewer what to expect if they try to race in Baja? Are you trying to document 1 race and the stories behind that 1 race?
    There are a lot of elements that go into the most intriguing off road race in the world. That leaves a lot of questions for a producer to answer before they try to tell "the story behind the Baja 1000." And its not easy...just ask all of the production companies who've tried to capture the essence of the race in 1 show...its as difficult as trying to win it.
  10. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Yes i agree with you, there is many ways to tell a story, the plan with the camera this year is to capture some footage for my own teaser video, but that evolved into another viewpoint as i got in contact with a raceteam. As i will be racing myself next year i will try to make a short, about this teams Baja 1000 effort. It will give me more insight to the race aswell as i will be right in the middle of it.

Next year when it´s time for me to race, this team will give me some help.

I´m hoping to capture a few inputs from racers also this year, it would be sweet to get some big names in front of the camera.

But i totally agree with you, it´s not easy to put all together.

Thanks for the input..
  11. WickedGravityVideo

WickedGravityVideo Well-Known Member

"the final movie in 2015, big plans for this one.

You will be hard-pressed to shoot the footage for a feature length movie... just talk to Marty Fiolka... think they had twenty or more guys and a truck full of video equipment. 5-minute teasers are not too difficult to make.... a feature length movie is another story. I wonder what your budget is for the movie ... big plans = big $$$, hope you have $100k or more, so you can hire help. As already mentioned, when you commit to a single team, you might find yourself at RM120 on the backside of the Summit, for hours, while team tries to fix vehicle - then calls it ten hours later. yes, that is a story, but not gonna get you much variety in footage. I might be available... sometimes will even work for tacos and cervezas!
  12. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

I agree Doug, but big plans for me, doesn´t necessarily means a feature length 100k movie. But i understand the dilemma.

There is no way that i plan on doing something that i think compare to what others do with big budget, and lots of people. I´m gonna need lots of help next year, but hopefully i will get some help.

For Tacos and beer - youre hired :)
  13. FastGuy

FastGuy Member

Kenshiro, I tried to PM you but it says your box is full
  14. Oscar Fazz

Oscar Fazz Member

Talk to Yvonne Purroud from France he has solo the 1000 i think three times in Iron man class and the Vegas to Reno race and he has successfully finished each year with little support, he used Baja Pits and he can tell you how he has done it for previous years and he will be racing with SHOC Racing for the Baja 1000. I think he has had his fill with the solo stuff. He is on facebook if you would like to speak with him. I am sure he can give you a good perspective of his events and what worked for him. I know that he has a bike that stay here in the states and has one of the shops take care and prep bike for him before events.
  15. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

If you are keen on Honda, than team up with JCR.
  16. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Member

Hi,,

It has been quiet from me for a while on the forum, i´m happy to give you a short update.

Underdog Motorsports ( well that´s only me ) and Mike Palmer with Crossfire Offroad teams up and join forces,,

On the 5:th of Nov i´m boarding the plane to Denver to team up with Mike Palmer and Crossfire Offroad for the 1000. The plan is as smart as it is simple,, Watch and learn, and to shoot some cool video for the team and myself.

I would like to thank the people who sent me PM´s and posted on the thread regarding this years BAJA 1000. It sure means alot.

I sure hope to see you all of you guys in Baja,,

Over and out..

Attached Files: