Best full size truck for long travel

Discussion in 'Whatever - General Discussion' started by Titanium, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Titanium

Titanium Member

I was wondering what everybody thought the best full size truck to stick long travel under out of f150, silverado, titan, tundra and the ram. i looking to build a sweet daily driver. Selling 2 of my vehicles to build one gnarrly a ss D.D. i was thinkin the Silverado was probably my best bet. looking to be able to compete in this vehicle too. So lemme know what you guys think.
  2. gunit

gunit Active Member

I think you are nuts for even considering trying to build a daily driver that you can compete in. Why do you need long travel in your daily driver?
  3. Titanium

Titanium Member

i've had long travel on my daily driver that i have now 90' f150 for a long time and i dont think i could drive a truck that has stock suspension on it now. i've been driving a 06 dodge ram off and on and its just not the same when you have to slow down for dips and what not. so i figure why not put it on my next vehicle.
  4. BRINGTHERUCKUS

BRINGTHERUCKUS Nimrod de PMC

Id say an F-150.... it has a very strong frame and has alot of bolt on LT kits in the aftermarket, not to mention its sooooo comfy....
  5. idealer

idealer Active Member

I say f150 but I think the Silverado's have more travel available.
  6. jvbmx

jvbmx Banned Soon

go with the silverado
    do you prefer a 4wd or 2wd??

cuz if you get a new silverado
    BMS has an awesome 4wd LT kit out
  7. D4D

D4D Active Member

I've had an F150, a Toyota and a Titan, my vote would be for the Titan. My set up is a mid travel PRG set up. In the dirt the front works great but the rear could use more travel but I did not go through the bed. In 18 months I have put 55,000 miles on the truck, a lot of highway and city driving and it is as good as my wife's stock SUV, actually I can run harder through mountain passes in the Titan as it handles really well.
  8. Shred918

Shred918 Well-Known Member

Booooo APex!

I think in these times we should really try to keep our purchases in America. I know a lot of stuff is farmed out but we need to help the companies that are here!

I think the F150 is a good choice.........
  9. Titanium

Titanium Member

what years of f150/silverado should i look into... i was thinkin 03 or newer for the silverado. i'd prefer 4wd since my other truck is 2wd that way :Dif i end up up to my ass in some mud i can tug her out a little easier.
  10. LukeHuff

LukeHuff Member

sedans ftw! ahah no really i'd go silverado they look niiiiiiiice when done right. besides everyone has f150's :D :p
  11. GHAcompanies1596

GHAcompanies1596 Active Member

i just want a LT kit for my HD!!!
  12. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

for the record, thats one GAY ASS reason to not pick an "import", hell, you cant even call them that anymore!! Those trucks are built right here in the states putting food on the table for US workers!

As for the Titan choice.. My Titan and I have a love hate relationship.. I dont even take it off road, and its been thru both motor mounts, 2 trans mounts, complete driveshaft/u joints, a complete rear end, and a right hand exhaust manifold. Pretty lame for a complete stock truck, with stock tires and wheels. 2006 with 63k on it.

By the way... its for sale... all the afore mentioned stuff is NEW (warranty) Loaded 4x4 off road package with Nav. :D
  13. D4D

D4D Active Member

Sounds like you got a lemon Loomis ;) So far the only issue I have had with the Titan is the AC compressor crapped out, but even with all the mods on the truck the dealer was cool and covered it fully.
    Matt/Durka Durka and I have the same truck, same suspension and he has had some rear end issues but the guy really pushes his truck and fully abuses it. But at the same time any truck out there would have the same issues that Matt has had the way it was being used at the time.

And Shred I hope you were just being funny, for the reasons that Loomis pointed out and for the fact that I bet if we visited your house it is full of stuff truely made overseas as we all end up buying imports of some sort.
    1 person likes this.
  14. Shred918

Shred918 Well-Known Member

All in good fun Apex... there is some truth to my sarcasm but isnt there always?

Hell my wife is somewhat of an import herself!
  15. jvbmx

jvbmx Banned Soon

like i said
    go with the silverado 4wd
    just check mine out in my album

i put fox racing shocks all around
    and total chaos upper a-arms
    and front fiberwerx fenders
    the thing performs pretty nicely

and plus i drive my truck 30 miles to school everyday
    and it does amazingly better than my friends 09 stock f150
    as for titans--i hear their awful on gas
  16. Titanium

Titanium Member

yea im leaning more towards the silverado. i like the 5.3 over fords 5.4.
  17. randy s

randy s Well-Known Member

that last statement speaks volumns. wonder why that is? hint. start with who has the strongest frame. then you can build around it.