1. Forum membership has its advantages....

BEST TIRE @ V2R - 2011 bitd

Discussion in 'Shop - Driveline' started by EVO Racing, Aug 24, 2011.

1. EVO Racing

EVO Racing Member

:confused:So lets hear it guys... How did your tires hold up at V2R...? What brand was the BEST?!!!!:confused:

IMG5685-S.jpg

IMG5860-S.jpg

prpvCA99REAY.jpg

flat tire.jpg

2. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

7235--our Goodyears went the entire race with no flats. The fronts have already gone 300 miles (Yerington) + 420 miles (USA 500) before this 550 miler and we are using them next weekend for the 24-hour race. The rears after VtoR were wearing but we are changing them out anyway. They will be used as spares.
    The other TC truck 7216 ran street DOT Goodyears and had no flats, they changed rear tires at Pit10 as a precaution.

3. trailready

trailready Active Member

We did have one flat with our Awesome BFG's but man there was thousands of opportunities to cut a tire. Hard to believe the abuse they'll take. Tire pressure is key in keeping them alive.

photo is www.bowermedia.com

Attached Files:

4. mawtrophykart

mawtrophykart Well-Known Member

7201 had only 1 flat,hit a general that somebody left on the course.

5. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Lets hear REAL counts, I love how half the people out there say stuff to keep their tire sponsor happy!!

6. trailready

trailready Active Member

Mine is real, but i do have exceptional car control:rolleyes:

Thanks for the opportunity to pimp my tire guy.

7. WickedGravityVideo

WickedGravityVideo Well-Known Member

not to hijack the thread, but to expand upon it, if I may.....

I alway see teams leaving flats behind in the desert. I understand why one would leave it behind... ruined, hot, heavy, in a hurry. I think Casey insists on not leaving flats out n the desert. Is it appropriate to report back to BITD about left wheels, or is that just being an effin' snitch? I will roll a good wheel out of the desert (and return it to the owner), but a flat is impossible to hand carry.

8. CRAIG_HALL

CRAIG_HALL Well-Known Member

All teams are supposed to have car # on wheels now. 1 hour penalty if a tire/wheel is found on course

9. DustJunkie

DustJunkie Member

I can understand the penalty for leaving trashed tires out there, but what about when a good one falls off the car?

10. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

Thats funny Evo where did you get that bottom picture. That was how we crossed the finish line and also came in on a rim the last 20 miles. Had a spare front tire on the rear and with a broken shock and possible torshion bar well cant blame the tires on that.

11. Pee Wee

Pee Wee Active Member

They don't give penalties for lost spares, we have tossed plenty and they have even returned two of them.

12. trailready

trailready Active Member

1 hour penalty for tire left in the desert. no penalty(yet) if its a good tire and wheel that clearly just fell off the truck. this is the second year with the penalty.

V2R was the last race that they let cars through tech without the car # stamped or etched in the wheel. next time won't pass tech without the correction.

Casey is a bad azz.
    These are the kind of reasons why he has a good rep with BLM

13. jamoffroad1

jamoffroad1 Active Member

we had one flat but it was not the tire BFG it was the wheel broke on rock . tire is still perfect but the wheel is junk.to bad tires are sponsered wheels are not.

14. CodyS

CodyS DA Un`

I get stamping the rim for this reason but what happens when you change you number, you have to keep stamping different numbers on your rims. And then when you go to a different santioning body you like score that are different numbers everytime you have to redo them.

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  15. ProfessionalPitMan

ProfessionalPitMan Active Member

Fish, I was there with Jeff and Dave, and Dave really did only get one flat and it was from a douched wheel. Not sure how the rear tire that Jason Ruane hit hard survived but it did.

Another 7200 truck on BFG tires said they had like 5 flats. I think drivers being good on tires is just as important as good tires.

16. Josh @ DanZio

Josh @ DanZio Chains

Stamp em all!! At the checks, they will look to see if u are missing your spare and you will be reported right away. So when I stamp my wheels with 16, I will still have a hard time blaming it on PAB. Yyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!!

17. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

Who is doing more for our sport right now? That's right GENERAL TIRE.... Enough said. Close and lock thread...

18. C.J. Hutchins

C.J. Hutchins Active Member

I think this greatly depends on what class you are running. I had one flat, which I deserved. The other rear tire went from the start to RM 339 where we broke a cv and decided to put the spare on due to tire wear. I firmly believe General Tires give you better traction under acceleration, braking, and cornering! So it's safe to say 35" General's will go 300 hard race miles and give you the best traction available in our market. And remember these are dot tires. GO GENERAL TIRES!!!! (we run Class 1 fyi)

19. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

TT#50 got 4 flats BFG 39"

20. Green Army

Green Army Member

Just race Mexico there's never a good wheel or tire left behind lol, We race our class 1 with a dot rated tire not a project that you can buy from general for a very discounted price. Price and quality General is tuff to beat.