Bilstein Challenge

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by nimrod, Aug 13, 2008.

1. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

How awesome is that? Pretty cool.

I love my BILSTEINS and the incredible support that Joel, Raul, and all the guys at Bilstein hand out. They are AWESOME! It was so cool to see Joel out at the Snore race helping out all the Bilstein guys!

Now, Joel, what have gotta do to win that Baja Challenge? Did I mention how awesome you guys are and how much I love your shocks? :D :D :D
  2. Random Thoughts Racing

Random Thoughts Racing Well-Known Member

Thanks, just enter! http://bilsteinbaja.com/ How about for a 4th place prize we work on your prerunner. There is quite a bit more we can do with the package.

3. la2baja

la2baja Familia

Big fan.

They are THE BEST I have ever worked with. I have worked with most the shock companies out there. The Black Hawks are great, but the service is untouchable! Thanks to Joel, Shane, Raul and the whole crew over there!
  4. dirtdriver85

dirtdriver85 Member

I love the Black Hawks on my Racer. They preform great in the rough!!!
  5. oraugas

oraugas Member

I couldn't agree more!
    We came to the KC Hilites Midnight special with a leaking seal (due to our inexperienced in-house mechanic). On Friday morning we yanked the bypass off the car, without prior arrangements, took it over to Joel's trailer. In less than 30 minutes Joel had the new piston and seal replaced and we were reinstalling the shock back on the car. You cannot ask for better service.
    The track was extremely rough, the bilsteins performed awesome. We had a great time.
    Thanks Joel,
    Dave, Dean, Shawn
    #1054 Verve Energy Drink
    D-n-D Motorsports
    www.vervedesertracing.com
  6. CamelRace

CamelRace Member

I have to agree. Joel and Bilstien are great. After a long weekend at the race he stopped by barstow on monday and dialed in the truck for v to r. Thanks again.
    1 person likes this.
  7. CLASS 11 PRO

CLASS 11 PRO Member

They are the real King of the desert , thanks to everyone at the shop and also in the sales department ,
    see you at the Oct 18th race in plaster city , Haugley Racing 1111
  8. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Speaking of class 11......Did any of you see the GIANT Black Hawks that Eric Solarzano was running on his class 11 at the 500? Those things had to be custom order.....I have a feeling they were bigger around than the length of the travel.......Truly amazing to look at the passenger windows on the side of the car and to see it completely full of big ol shocks.......

PS.....I'm soooo jealous!
  9. Random Thoughts Racing

Those are modified 9100 smooth bodies with BlackHawk reservoirs.

10. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

A choosy beggar, I must say I didn't like where the site sent me when I clicked on the "special" deal. At least it wasn't REI!
  11. King Dan

King Dan Member

all the guys there are great and the products are top shelf
  12. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

So Today I am at the dentist and am reading a Car and Driver magazine as the dentest is asking me what I do for a living. I am telling him I build off-road truck suspension and race off-road races. Then I flip to the next page and to my surprise is a Bilstein ad with my truck in it haha. I show it to him and said well here is my truck...lol He got a kick out of it!

Attached Files:

13. Porboy

Porboy Member

I am waiting for someone to challenge the legality of those shocks. I had the same idea when the new rules came out but it looks like Eric was the first to test the grey area.
  14. racer56

racer56 Well-Known Member

I hope the dentist used the triple pass weave method.
    The first pass is a very hot little rod almost fusion weld. The second pass is for filler material and the third is to finish filling and making sure the puddle is not undercutting.

J/K could not resist:p
  15. Random Thoughts Racing

First time I've seen that ad, maybe I should renew C&D... na il stick with dusty times.

We make shocks for your dentists three or five series Jerry, you could sell him a set!

16. King Dan

King Dan Member

I hear 4 out of 5 Dentists prefer bilsteins over the other leading brand
    1 person likes this.
  17. Baja_Mike

Baja_Mike New Member

Yeah Bilsteins are definately the ****. Here are a couple vids of my truck (7000 lbs. Dodge Diesel truck) with just an off the shelf suspension kit utilizing the 9100 series.....

[video=youtube;Epge-44bqtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epge-44bqtM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. Random Thoughts Racing

19. redmist

redmist Member

Joel and the 9100 series shocks on my Jimco proved too much competition for all others in New Zealand and after a struggle with engine overheating and oil pressure we scored the New Zealand National Championship. Although a heavy middy the car jump straight and level on all but one (poorly laid out) jump. Cornering abilty was exceptional with the 9100's ensuring that the contact patch remained as large as possible.
    The 9100's proved reliable in environments that were considerably muddier and probably colder than Bilstein ever envisaged them to be used in.

Thanks Joel for all your assistance and offers of further assistance for defending the title.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]