BITD vs. SNORE

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by TeamRACEKin, Dec 21, 2010.

1. TeamRACEKin

TeamRACEKin Member

Looking for someone that has raced in both series, specifically the Parker 425 and Mint 400, to give some input on which is the most beneficial race to run. We run in the stock production class so every bit of input helps and will keep us on the right track to being able to run more races and have the best possible experience we can in our class. Thanks
  2. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

Parker is smooth and the Mint is rough. I think the Mint gets more media exposure now a days and the total entry $$ is less. My family has raced both many times and this is just our opinion. Plus nothing like the Freemont Street party
  3. JRod

JRod _WRP_

I've crewed and co-ridden in both races...

Parker is an awesome race with a lot of history... And you'll pay good money to race there, but if you have it then its worth every penny. The town and spectators love the race and the racers and are very welcoming... Some of the prettiest racing in the states I think.

The mint has just as much, or more, history behind it. It's rougher than snot and when you finish, it's a huge accomplishment- especially for the limited guys. The parties are awesome and tech on fremont can't be beat. Snore as an organization is very receptive to listening to racers because it's run by racers, for racers- a truly top-notch group of people.

You should run both.
  4. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Do you run a Ford?
  5. x9racer

x9racer Member

It's a tough call and depends on what you are looking for . If you want exposure I would say the mint ,The problem is the track is rough and you don't see many stock fulls at SNORE because they don't blade the track . If you want to race against more trucks in your class I would say Parker .
  6. B-Dub 1020

grrrrrreat answer amigo
  7. Rick 1634

Rick 1634 Member

The Mint 400 and Parker 425 are my two favorite races; the Snore 250 loop race in Pahrump is a close 3rd. Bitd and Snore are both excellent run organizations and a lot of fun. My advice is to pick the races you like, not sanctioning body. Hope to see you on coarse and good luck.
  8. B-Dub 1020

Fords suck, bawahahahahah!!!! Duramax Baby!!! Besides any truck except a Trophy Truck is just for getting your race car to the races.
  9. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

I think Pat was asking if he drives a Ford because Ford pays at BITD. If he is driving a Ford then I would think BITD's Parker 425 would be the race to chose, if he could only do 1. Also BITD's Production class always has allot of entry's.
  10. MikeLeung

MikeLeung Well-Known Member

If you race a stock truck...and its a Ford...then no question...BITD

Dont get me wrong...I love SNORE. But there's no competition in SNORE in the stock classes.
  11. B-Dub 1020

I know just like I'm sure Ford is going to give class 12 money with the the bogus new class 12 water pumper rule. I was just pulling all the Ford guys chain especially P-Diddy's All in fun
  12. Ryan_P

Ryan_P Well-Known Member

Ummm yeah, from the number I was told last Saturday, it's a good amount of money.
  13. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

It's not off THE road racing: it's off road like an off day, an off season, a cousin who's a little off...;)

Full stocks on Mint courses often experience complete fail.:(
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  14. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

in regards to stock production BITD has always had good car counts for the stock classes and if you have a Ford that helps even more. BUT SNORE does have that new NAPA class 7 deal.

as far as media exposure and sponsor interest, i would say the Mint has way more media exposure and "fan fair". Parker is cool but i think its more of a racers race (personal vendettas) and the Mint is a place where everybody can feel like a rockstar for a weekend.... lets face it, who hasn't dreamed of driving their race truck down Las Vegas blvd full tilt or rolling your car down freemont street dressed to the 9's in your team gear??
  15. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

More like, 20-40 years ago, last "Mint"* was a Nissan 400, 1992, IIRC.

I was thinking about all the full and mini size trucks I saw broken in half, or worse. John Randall managed to break his 7 Comanche's front axle into three separate pieces, and I'd always thought physics taught us that was impossible. :confused:

Of course the letters, "L," "I," "F," and "T" were not in his vocabulary, the whole family was a favorite of photog's.

Finish a Parker 425, then attempt a Mint. Good Luck!

* Prior to SNORE's revival of the event.
  16. tofarnorth

tofarnorth Member

casey blades only what the blm makes him blade it is part of contract with them
  17. MAC56

MAC56 New Member

The reason for some of the grading is to limit what the BLM calls "BRAIDING". That is when the trail gets wider as the racers look for a smoother line.
    If you look to the future of the sport we need to care for the trails we have. BITD spends a lot of time and money so we have options for the future.
  18. bobylax

bobylax Well-Known Member

I'm not the "Media", but I'll keep giving the limiteds and stock guys some love!!
  19. Kartman

Kartman Media Goon

You, me and lots of others give the small guys some exposure here and on other website, I was referring to professional off road racing publications.
  20. mongo

mongo Active Member

Dumb statement!