1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Bolt in King Shocks for new Chevy 1500/Mild Suspension Mods

Discussion in 'Shop - Suspension & Steering' started by S-10 Kid, Mar 26, 2010.

1. S-10 Kid

S-10 Kid Member

Hello all, after looking around on this forum I was unable to locate very much info on the bolt in King Shock kit for the new Chevy 1500's. I have an '08 2wd 1500 that I want to do some mild suspension work to and eventually a front bumper. I want to run the bolt King shock kit and eventually the BMS upper control arm for a bit more travel.

I have heard the King Shock kit works really well on stock F-150's but didn't see anything on it.

What do you all think of this set up?

Thank you.

2. Kritter

Kritter Krittro Campbell

verify the BMS private labeled KIng is the same length as the OEM replacement King. With an upper arm you can probably get more droop so the shock may be longer for an upper arm than without.

3. Blitzkrieg Motorsports

Blitzkrieg Motorsports Member

With our Stage 1 Kit (upper arm and optional steering upgrade) you can run the standard length King OEM replacement shock. Now with the Stage 2 Kit (upper arm, spindle, steering) and our Stage 3 long travel kit, you'll have to run a custom length coilover that we provide.

With all of the above mentioned kits, the King shocks work really well. In addition, you can fully rebuild them and adjust the valving to suit your particular driving style.

4. S-10 Kid

S-10 Kid Member

Camberg vs King Shock kit for '08 Silverado

Hello all. I am trying to decided between running the King 2.5in bolt in kit or the Camberg 2.5in bolt in kit. I know the King has the remove reservoir but the Camberg as an internal. I mainly run fire roads and light trails with my truck and I have no plans to LT it or anything crazy but I really only want to buy these once. I do plan on running either the BMS or Camberg UCA.
    The Camberg shock kit is 1040 vs the King shock kit is 1400.

Camberg kit
    http://www.camburg.com/?p=416

King kit
    http://www.kingshocks.com/king-products/oem-performance-series/chevy/

Let me know what you guys think. Thank you!!!

5. S-10 Kid

S-10 Kid Member

Sorry for the delay in this but thank you! You guys have been very helpful!

6. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

Re: Camberg vs King Shock kit for '08 Silverado

Camburgs and with the $450 you save because we give a 10% discount on RDC you can buy a set of Deavers for the rear :)

Let me know how we can take care of you you buy all the parts we give you a package deal.... [email protected]

7. JRod

JRod fast-aid.org

Re: Camberg vs King Shock kit for '08 Silverado

I had the same exact debate when I was putting the leveling coilovers on my F-150 and I use my truck for about the same purpose.... although, it has turned into a prerunner for some really tough courses including the Parker 425, Mint 400, and the Primm loop.

I can tell you the quality of the setup is awesome and the coilovers make a huge difference. On top of that, Jerry/Jason/Scott really know what they're doing and as good as their products are, their customer service is even BETTER!

Go with Camburg. I did and I definitely have not been disappointed.

8. BigBoyBlue

BigBoyBlue Member

I just ordered a 2010 4x4 silverado 1500.

So with the standard King OEM replacement and the blitzkrieg upper, is there more down travel or is the same as stock travel being that the King has a OEM stroke to it?

Also, Jerry, do the Camburg labeled Sway-a-ways come in black or just red?

Im thinking of getting the Camburg uppers with Black Kings but they are expensive.

For the money, I would do the Sway-a-ways if they were in black. I dont like colors in my wheel well.

9. S-10 Kid

S-10 Kid Member

Jerry, thank you for all of the help! I'll be ordering the Camburg shocks and uca in a week or two hopefully. Truck is going to be sweet, I am picking it up today after getting a front bumper and skid plates made. : D

10. BigBoyBlue

BigBoyBlue Member

let us know how it rides when you get done with the install. Very interested.

11. Jerry Zaiden

We can do Black in our shocks if you want... Just might take a few weeks to order.

12. Jerry Zaiden

Sounds good just let me know when you are ready! Start a new thread and post some pictures of your build!

13. S-10 Kid

S-10 Kid Member

Jerry, I will! I'm going to try to get some pictures together and start a thread this weekend. Where should I start the thread?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it, damn new guys lol.

I will man, I'm going to start a thread this weekend on the build since no one has really done a truck like mine. Mid-travel daily driver that is. I've seen a few LT builds that are beyond sick but also beyond what I will ever do with this truck.

Thank you guys for showing interest and the help!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010