1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Cathedral Canyon near Pahrump, NV

Discussion in 'Whatever - General Discussion' started by creynolds, Mar 11, 2009.

1. creynolds

creynolds Well-Known Member

We took our son out geocaching this sunday and found some pretty cool stuff along the way. Our friend we were with had been here before but it was our first time seeing it. It's a shame that people will destroy things that's not theirs. At one time the place was fully maintained with a running waterfall (pumped), suspension bridges, stained glass artwork inlayed in the canyon wall and completely lighted for night time visits. Roland Wiley was the man who built Cathedral Canyon and never charged a dime for admission to his sanctuary. Apparently when it was still being maintained there was a log book to sign and you were on your own in regards to exploring the sight. It's a shame to see it in this state.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. creynolds

creynolds Well-Known Member

3. EMS702

EMS702 Rescue 1

When I was younger I would go there. Signed the book a few times. It was really cool back in the day. Too bad it turned out the way it did.

4. Kirk_Babbington

Kirk_Babbington Well-Known Member

I've never heard of it, but looks like a cool place.

Is it on private property or government land?

5. EMS702

EMS702 Rescue 1

Wide open. Private owned but there are no fences around it. At least last time I was there. On way to Pahrump from Las Vegas Take the 160 turn left at Tacopa Hot Springs turn off. About 3-5 miles down that road on right is a turn off for Cathedral Canyon.

6. cbrdoll

cbrdoll Resident Cougar

@3997 ft sitting above Yucca Valley, California
    Wow I'll have to check that out next time im at a Track Day in Pahrump....! Great pix!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted