1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Chappy's PIT STOP: The Swap Meet Search

Discussion in 'Whatever - General Discussion' started by Chaplain, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Chaplain

Chaplain God Dude

How many of you made it to Curt LeDuc’s Offroad Swap Meet this past weekend? It’s always fun for me to see how many people are surprised to see me at that event and I’m typically asked why I’m there. For those that follow me on either Facebook or Twitter, you probably believe that I go to Mexico for the Taco’s and Curt’s swap meet for the bacon wrapped hot dogs. Partially true. The dogs are something I look forward to every year and I find it to be a mystery why they taste so good between 12am and 5am. The main reason I attend is because I enjoy sharing stories and laughs around a propane heater with my offroad family. Why do you go to the swap meet? Are you there to recover some costs from a project that went in a different direction? Just doing some garage cleaning or to help the next guy with his dream build on a budget? Maybe you’re like me; just enjoy doing a little treasure hunting and seeing people you consider family.

MATTHEW 11:28 NIV “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. For I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Whatever the reason for your swap meet search, it brings a much deeper question to mind. Are you searching for meaning in your life? Are you searching for a god to fill a void? Are you seeking Jesus Christ in your life? I pray you are, but do you believe in Him only because He can supply you with all your wants/needs, are you seeing to receive a physical healing in your life, or do you call Him your God simply because you want to go to heaven. Yes, it is true that He is our ultimate provider, the master physician and the end game will bring eternal life in heaven if you believe in His salvation. But, are those the reasons we should be seeking Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior?

MATTHEW 6:19-21 NIV “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart (focus) will be also.

It’s the last part that I want us to pay close attention to and honestly answer the following questions. Where is your heart? Where is your focus? Is it on your schtuff or on Him? He is the King, our King and we are His Kingdom. So, our search needs to be for Him, not on eternal life in heaven. Our focus needs to be on the Giver and not on the gifts we desire or want. Our devotion needs to be for the Healer and not on the physical pain we want dismissed. In short, seek after God because He is God, and we are not. That treasure we are searching for is right there knocking on your heart. When you decide to follow Jesus, you will make the most important decision of your life. As His child, God promises to guide you in discovering His plan for your life.

PSALM 37:23 “The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives.”

FOCUS ON: Him vs. heaven, the Giver vs. the gifts, the Healer vs. healing

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

Great words brother Chappy!

3. Broncodawg

Broncodawg Active Member

Great words Chappy! He who dies with the most toys, only wins if he's walking with the Lord by accepting Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

4. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

Can never get enough of the good stuff.