1. Forum membership has its advantages....

China looking to replace the Dakar...

Discussion in 'Rally Raid' started by spalind, Jan 25, 2013.

1. spalind

spalind Well-Known Member

Since they are set on world domination I guess they figure they might as well target world class motorsports events as well. A 10,000 km race that they want to be harder than the Dakar and get the FIA's blessing for. The inaugural event takes place later this year with invitations going out currently.

China Grand Rally...

2. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

My neighbor, Larry Davis, competed in the Peking2Paris rally in the 90's. Decent food and lodging were issues, even in cities.

Sponsorship opportunities for dehydrated food and water purifier manufacturers?

3. Short Bus

Short Bus Well-Known Member

That would certainly make well stocked support trucks even more valuable assets to teams.

4. Hog Wild

Hog Wild Active Member

Typical of China, they stole/copied the name of my event, the Grand Rally! Fortunately I got the domain name I wanted before they stole that.

I've heard several bad stories about different cross-country rallies in China. I'd stay clear of it and let some other suckers suffer through their poorly organized event.

5. Petepecas

Petepecas Well-Known Member

....."will be well run
    and not have issues with the
    local "green"
    communities (when you have

the ability to put a gun to the
    head of anyone causing a
    problem it usually mitigates
    any issues)."

The hate to anything Chinese is evident in this comment. Better get used to Chima domination...they are mot "trying" , they've achieved it... and y'all know it.
    So, I expect a well organized, catered event, because, if they want to improve on the Dakar, there's certainly room for it, most of you complain constantly on how "corrupt" and "biased" the ASO is....you guys should organize an endurance rally and show a better way...or STFU.

6. Ferrari333SP

Ferrari333SP Well-Known Member

Well organized? Haha, I highly doubt it their first year.

7. Petepecas

well...according to the OP it will be, at gun point....so, the second year? ja...ja...

8. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

RG can forget it unless he changes the body. Lol

Or maybe China would change its tune and allow the company to purchase and restart hummer.

9. spalind

spalind Well-Known Member

I don't hate "anything" Chinese and I am merely stating facts. In a non-free society where the government can come and take private property and do as they wish at the point of a gun, they can create any race under any conditions they wish. And China is not "dominating" much of anything--yet. Sure they have 4 times the population but that's about it. They steal and copy but don't make or invent much. Plus I don't see any Mexican citizens hopping boats for China yet so I think we can tell where the opportunity for an improved life lies at the moment...but let me know if your fellow citizens do start taking classes in Mandarin--THEN I'll start being more concerned.

10. Petepecas

You're stating your opinion when you say they want to replace the Dakar, how is that a fact?
    China doesn't "make anything"? really? just all the crap you buy at walmart....look at your tenni shoes...
    "doesn't. invent anything"? no?, they only invented powder and cement...no big deal I guess...
    your "article" has underlined hate from the title on....pure and simple. Who has the largest reserves of gold in the world? not dominant? wake up....

11. Petepecas

this info from the organizers...

China Grand Rally is organized by
    the Federation of Automobile
    Sports of the PRC、CCTV5 and
    China Equity Group.China Grand
    Rally Auto Sports Management
    Co,Ltd and CCTV Sports is going to
    undertake the Game. Our game
    will begin in September 2013 and
    lasts 16 days. The route begins
    from Beijin and will pass Heibei,
    Shanxi, Gansu and Xinjiang Uyger
    autonomous region.

12. TRUKTOR

TRUKTOR Active Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  13. Hog Wild

Hog Wild Active Member

Simon Pavey's son Llewelyn competed in the Taklimakan Rally in China late last year. On several stages they would not allow him to race, saying it was too dangerous for a foreigner. In truth, his riding skills were probably above all other competitors. They also played a number of other shenanigans on him, including forcing him race one stage without a roadbook. Read it yourself here:
    http://www.simonpavey.com/taklimakan-rally-summary/

In the Trans Orientale rally through Russia and China, American James Embro (3-time Dakar competitor) bailed out of the event soon after entering China due to serious organizational and safety problems. Several competitors died, including a bike competitor run over by a competing truck. Apparently little or no penalty or action was taken against the truck competitor despite evidence it may not have been a simple racing accident. I talked with James on the phone while he was in China, and he spoke at length about countless red tape and related problems the moment they entered China. He said he'd never go back.

From the Chinese web site about the new China rally:
    The Federation of Automobile Sports of China (FASC) has applied to FIA to designate the China Grand Rally as the "highest-level and long-distance international rally in the world”
    …designed to be at the same level as or even surpass the Dakar Rally

14. Petepecas

(Every nation has its strengths
    and weaknesses.
    Some enjoy throwing stones, no
    mater how much glass their
    houses are made of.)

I don't understand the intention of your link or comment in the context of this thread.
    I can assume it's a desperate attempt at throwing dirt on my country to somehow get me mad. I can assure you, I know a lot more on the subject than you, just like on the use of my language and expressions, which you have tried to school me on.
    Your comment is out if place. Politics are discussed on the "Purple" section of TDC, personal differences on the "Private messages" ...which, by the way, you failed to reply to me when I called you on it to explain your insults on the public forum. Instead, you resort to dumb responses like the quoted above. Stay on subject, respond with somethin to contribute to the issue at hand, and, if you have something personal against me, use your PM's.

15. TRUKTOR

TRUKTOR Active Member

Taking many opportunities to rail on the US, and it's deficiencies , and also crowing about Chinese domination are Political positions, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not.
    I responded in this thread to a posting of yours, in this thread.

Throwing stones is a recurrent theme in your posts- you will try to stir things up,by either insulting someone, calling them Names, or taking An adversarial position.
    When a person responds to your taunts, you often respond by telling them to " smoke another bowl", " put down the pipe" " have some more cool aid " and similar lame accusations.

It is a pattern that is hard to miss- you take aim at certain people or positions, you insult their viewpoint, often with a Put-down, or a dig at some weakness that you have percieved, and then when they respond, you accuse them of some type of drug use or another and then move on to The next round.
    Rinse and repeat. Your fallback position is that you have self-anointed yourself as someone that " Tells it like it is ".
    You have a toxic little system, which I assume keeps you entertained.

When you rip other people's positions consistently , you should expect some blowback.

I dumped your PM,without reading it.
    And always will.

OK, back to the subject at hand - the Grand Rally in China.

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  16. Hog Wild

Hog Wild Active Member

He's a Troll. Trolls should ALWAYS be ignored. Don't waste your time responding to a guy who lays a turd in almost every post he makes.

17. Offspring

Offspring Well-Known Member

But he's sooo international...:rolleyes:

18. TRUKTOR

TRUKTOR Active Member

Good Advice. I will take it.

19. Petepecas

("He's a Troll. Trolls should ALWAYS
    be ignored. Don't waste your
    time responding to a guy who
    lays a turd in almost every post
    he makes...."
    )
    so stay out, ignore is ignore....

(Good Advice. I will take it
    )

easy way out....you come into this thread just to attack me...do a smart thing and DO ignore me, since you wont back your talk when confronted..like dumping PM's.
    Both of you, on ignore list...

20. Petepecas