1. Forum membership has its advantages....

CNC VS PROAM blitz vs c&d

Discussion in 'Shop - Driveline' started by [P1]fabworks, Dec 20, 2007.

1. [P1]fabworks

[P1]fabworks Member

Im in the maket for brake calipers what do u guys recamend and what r you guys running.Im building a 1450 truck with a speedway full floating 9 inch running 37 inch projects that i think is going to weigh about 4500 to 5000 lbs.Proam,cnc,willwood,in rear, 6 piston or 4?In front i was thinking about blitz race front hub and spindal 5 on 5 1/2.Dont no yet its preaty pricey.Is there any other companys besides blitz an c&d fab works that make the hub and spindal combo in 5 on 5 1/2 ,Kartek said there pro am set up didnt come in 5 on 5 1/2.Its going to be a beam chevy and im building them out of dana 44 ttb ends. If i deside to go with stock spindals does any body know ware i can get after market brake caliper mounts.

2. John_Bitting

John_Bitting Administrator

Be sure to check out Desert Specialties they are an RDC advertiser.

3. Iggle

Iggle Member

Kartek makes a 5 on 5 1/2 hub and spindle set up. We run it on our truggy and are pretty happy with it.

4. FullsizeFun

FullsizeFun Member

Yes Pro-Am makes 5 on 5.5 front hubs. They only fit the 2" snout though. They will not fit on a D44 snout, maybe that is why somebody at Kartek told you they dont make them.

If you use Kingpin beams, Pro-Am has a clevis to fit on kp beams that uses the 2" snout and hubs. Then you have your choice of rotor and caliper combinations.

If you use stock D44 knuckles, you will have to use stock hubs and snouts and fab your own caliper bracket. The stock snouts have a very thin wall and are only held on with 5 bolts. Pro-Am uses 8 bolts.

With 37's on a fullsize truck you will not want anything less than a 2" snout. You can get by with 4 piston calipers but will be better off with 6 piston.

5. ciscokid8

ciscokid8 Member

I have the 5 on 5.5 hubs and the 2" snouts with their clevis and also run 37's...all i can say is first class parts. i am more then happy with my purchase. call them and ask for mike in the truck department. he really knows his stuff. they are pricey (as are all high quality parts) but worth it!

6. Cadwell

Cadwell Well-Known Member

I would go with CNC! Since working at Mckenzies (saturdays only) I have talked to people with CNC stuff and they like how its not complicated and parts are always avaliable for them! BTW if your at a race the mckenzie trailer is at contigency and they carry parts for CNC stuff too!!!

7. charlie_brown

charlie_brown Well-Known Member

just run the same as you are on the rear. that way you only need one complete spare. if you blow a drive plate then just swap it from the front.

8. Sites

Sites Member

Actually, only the newer D44 front ends use 5 bolts, the older D44's use 6 bolts. Mine were from an '85 Ford Bronco and have 6 bolts.