Condition of Road between Tecate and Ensenada

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Bajades, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Bajades

Bajades Active Member

Can someone update me on the condition of Hwy 3 between Tecate and Ensenada, in particular between Guadalupe and Ensenada? I've heard that it is under construction, but I have not driven it myself since the 500 and there seems to be a fair amount of disinformation out there. I have two chase crews that plan on using it to get to La Rumarosa during the race and need to know if it is a viable option.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Roach
    Baja Designs
  2. notime

notime La Granja Escuderia

Alan, that road will be a good option, if any new construction work are happening on those days, remind to the guys to be in advance if they plan to catch you on La Rumorosa, the two line toll road highway from Tecate to La Rumorosa its very good, but remind how many people, chase crews, locals and more spectators are gonna be there on race day.

ill try to find out today as some of the guys are doing that road today
  3. Martin

Martin Member

I just drove up that section of HWY and it is under major const. for miles. They are building a connector road from Ensanada to the Gaudalupe area. The road is very narrow with 3' up 10' drop offs were they are widening the road. We were stopped 3 times for up to 10 minutes where the road was down to one lane. Leave early if you plan on chasing up the 3.