1. Forum membership has its advantages....

DA Familia rockin the night!

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by nimrod, Aug 9, 2009.

1. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

MAJOR KUDOS to Josh "Danzio" Daniels on the OVERALL........YA BUGGY DORK!!!!!! I am so seriously happy for the entire Danzio team. Hearing that buggy go screaming down the LOOONG straight near check five was spine tingling!!!!

Adam Ashcraft grabs FIRST in 1600.....To me this is a HUGE accomplishment...In my opinion getting a 1600 win in Snore is probably one of the toughest things to do. There is a TON of major talent and experience in the 1600 class in Snore.

Pat Daily and Cody Agee battled with Rulo all night and grabbed the win in 5/1600. Awesome job guys! It was a blast watching you guys battle. Thanks so much for providing such a great race to be a part of.

Trey P. and his son Brian picked up their first win and I'm sure there are many more to come for them. The DA team manager and TT#16 Co-Dog Cody Stuart drove the final lap in Trey's car and got the honor of crossing this finish line for the checkered flag! Do work BOYS!

Bean laid down some serious lap times in his 1600/12 car and took her from starting last to the front in less than a lap and a half. Desert racing gremlins conspired to give Bean a rough time but he battled hard and got the finish with some help from the Orange Army and Adam Ashcraft's Team.

Pab, Blue Bear, Jamie Campbell, Trevor Stretch, Eric Morley and the incomparable Ricky G. made it to the finish after a hard fought night.

Pab started 3rd out of 3 trucks and drove an amazing couple of laps. Around race mile 30 all 3 trucks were running less than 15 seconds apart in heavy dust. Pab closed up the gaps and took her to the front early in the second lap. He began stretching out the lead when the torque converter threw a fit.

Nothing like hearing your guy call out on the radio "the cab is full of smoke and tranny fluid is spraying everywhere" Sheeze Louise.....Major emotional roller coaster. From First overall to broke on the side of the road in the blink of an eye......

Blue, Jamie and Trevor tore her down out in the dark desert, put her back together and made BIG DUSTY!

Jamie Campbell drove the 16 TT for a lap and a half and he was set on full attack mode. He came flying by us at RM 30 sideways and throwing dirt everywhere! Holy cow where did that buggy dork learn to drive a TT so DANG FAST! So much for "I'm just gonna cruise at a comfortable pace and get her to the finish" well.....Maybe the speed of light is a nice comfy pace for Jamie......

Super Proud of the boys. Just a few months back in San Felipe we blew through 2 tranny's in 20 miles so to see the team conquer the torque gremlin and get the finish was very cool! THATTA BOY BLUE!!!!!

Hanging out with Lucas and Glamis Gurlie was a privilege as well, and since we were up north having Deano and Glenn-G around was REALLY cool!

The weather was awesome and the racing was a blast! Thank you so much to all my family in the DA and especially to Pab and Heidi for letting me live the dream!

PS. Got to hang out with Jrod, Gunnslinger, and Dan200 too!!!!! What an amazing weekend!

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

best part of the weekend for sure!! :D

... i had a great time with all the DA/OA guys, i truly felt a part of "the family", lots of memorable moments and a lot of great friendships were made....

THANK YOU !!... i had a great time!!!

3. deano

deano McDeano

mike, great kc hi-lites midnight race wrap-up ----- it was great hanging w/ you too -- the DA absolutley took over this race (was there another race going on this weekend :rolleyes:) ?? ............. i wouldn't be me if i didn't notice that you left out a few peeps (only cause you were at your remote pit), but at main-pit getting bean back in action was (a suprise visit from jimmy hook) doing his surgery on beans arms and andy d running up and down main pit row looking for parts for beans 16/12 car :eek: -- (and me holding the flashlight :D) --- and snore could only thank glenn-g (j-rod junior) acting like a hall monitor slowing everybody down @ the 25 MPH sign -- classic stuff and along with thanking the steeles (& yokohama), is the very generous DAileys (p-dizzay & cracka) for feeding the entire DA-ARMY friday and saturday night (s) ---and of course lucas for fetching the pizza fri and BBQing the burgs and dogs on saturday night --- to think less than month we get to do this all over again ---yyyaaaaaa doogie homeys :eek: :cool:

4. Demp

Demp #mikesson

I'd like to say congrats to Mr. O/A Mr. Sham Wow himself Josh Daniel, Trey, Cody/Pat and Adam. Thanks for all the laughs and thanks for letting me pit for you guys! I had a BLAST running around for everyone. Hope to do it again!!!!

Cameron...Sorry for all the gas I spilled while filling the truck :eek::D

5. dezertgirl

dezertgirl "RDC's Social Butterfly"

For real!! The Dailey's are AWESOME and GENEROUS people in many many ways!!! Now I think they have owned the Ridgecrest course... 2nd win there :D It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone I can't wait for Primm! :D

6. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Lobster where are the photos of Ricky G running over Big Daddy and Allen?????

Post em up brother!

PUHLEEZE!

7. JRod

JRod _WRP_

Thanks to the DA for letting me be the pesky Orange Army neighbor!

Great meeting all the DA regulars on here - I haven't laughed so hard as hanging out with Dean-O and Glenn-G...... Every car that went by, Glenn-G had a different comment ("27! Call him in" or "33 but he had a good attitude so we'll let him go...") LMAO! Glenn-G Ponch-Son, next time I'll bring the Aviators and CHiPs theme music........... and maybe even a real radar gun to replace that sweet Bosch Impact!

Had to laugh at myself when I intro'd myself to Cameron in person for the first time - Here's how it went:

"Hi, I'm Jared - Wanted to introduce myself in person."

"Hi, I'm Cameron Steele, it's nice to meet you."

(this is the part where I figure I should tell him my RDC name since the connection isn't always made that JRod and Jared are the same knucklehead)

"Yeah, I'm JRod on RDC."

Cameron then taps me on the chest on my (wait for it) RDC personalized shirt with my name on it and says, "Yeah, I kinda got that......"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

To all the guys that ran FAST-aid steekers, thank you thank you thank you thank you! I am really pumped to be part of such a cool group of people to get this thing started and when class-act racers like PAB, Josh Daniel, Bean Smith, Pat Dailey, and TreyP rep the steeker, it really means a lot.

It was also cool meeting people like Nimrod, Sidekicker, Cody Agee and so many other RDC personalities in real life.

Great weekend all around - 4/7 wins for the DA and Cameron and Bean were killing it before the gremlins hit.

See you all at PRIMM!!!!

8. Fourstroker

Fourstroker Well-Known Member

You cracked me up when you told me that story sat night. Good hanging out with you again as well as the rest.

Great to finally meet Chicken Lips(and the beer run ride), Bannedfrombaja, kwood965 and a few others. Actually met kwood in my typical "JRod first time meeting" fashion.

Me: Have you seen 1297 come past your RX recently? (as I am running parts out to the car)
    Kwood: You mean Kevin Martin's car?
    Me: Yeah, I'm Kevin Martin.....
    Me: (After looking at his personalized RDC shirt) Kwood..nice meeting you..gotta go

9. JRod

JRod _WRP_

jajaja, that's awesome!

10. PBR

PBR Well-Known Member

great job da!

11. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Ollie, you gotta get a hold of Pab and get jumped into the Familia......

I met Dale Lenk out around RM 30 but was too shy to introduce myself properly......I just said "Hi I'm Mike"

Plus telling people your a nimrod isn't always the easiest thing to do in person......

12. XTEENA

XTEENA Adam's better half

Had such a blast out there! Tahnk you everyone for your support and help!! This was such an awesome race for us, no flats (Yokohama), clean running and awesome lights (KC)! Can't wait for Primm!!

13. JRod

JRod _WRP_

Like I told Adam in post-tech - CONGRATS to the team and thanks for not running over the cop (me or Glenn-G) in the pits! LOL!

14. Demp

Demp #mikesson

Welcccccoooooooomeeeeeeeee You know I gotta support the Ashcraft's :D

15. GOINRACIN

GOINRACIN Active Member

Congrats to Adam Ashcraft!!! You definetly set the pace all night, Great job!

16. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

My turn!!

Man...what a great weekend!!!

Here goes our race report.....

So we start third off the line. Young Jedi Cody Agee starts and is off. 1st lap was fairly uneventful for the youngster and he comes into main after the first lap 1st car on the road and has about 1 minute on Rulo Solano. They start off on their second lap and all is going well when they catch a slower car, champ car from what it sounded like. Young Cody was trying is hardest to get around the slower car and the car is not letting him pass. They finally decided to make their move and get around them but were forced on a different line which was much rougher than the line the champ car took and the champ car passed them back. Cody stayed on his bumper for several more miles. Every time they went to pass, the champ car would block their line. From what it sounded like, this champ car was driving in his rear view mirrors. Finally, while probably not paying attention because he was too involved in his rear view mirror, the champ car smacks a huge rock. Sparks were flying according to Cody and his co-dawg Billy, and the champ was kicked to the side and Cody t-boned the champ car. In the melee, our car suffered a flat and they were able to finally get around that car. They drove a little ways to get to level ground and had to change the flat. It took a little longer than it should because our jack had pretty much fallen apart. They were able to change the flat but in the meantime Rulo and Robert Gross had both passed by. Cody was able to pass back Robert Gross but Rulo was pulling away. End of second lap, Cody and Billy pull in for drivers change, fuel, and change the spare tire. Rulo had almost a 5 minute lead by the time Loomis and myself got going.

So we start the third lap and we are 5 minutes behind 2 time Class champ Rulo Solano. The car is working awesome and we are charging hard. About 15 miles into our lap, we see some lights off in the distance. Racing against Rulo these past couple of years, I am thinking it is not him. We keep charging and we are reeling in this car. We keep getting closer and closer and now we are in his dust. In the meantime, we are starting to get lapped by the faster cars so the dust is really thick as they blow by but we stay persistent and keep charging. We are reeling in this car and we come up to a hard right and notice that the car we are reeling is RULO!! My co-dawg yells, "THAT'S RULO!!" We keep charging hard and we are in his dust for several miles. Finally, a faster car had passed us and I stay on this faster cars dust trail and then that car passes Rulo and we are right on Rulo's bumper. After about a 1/4 mile on Rulo's bumper, he pulls over and we blow by him. We come up to Pit B and the pit radios that he is right on our butt. We keep charging, keep charging.

We come through main pit on the start of our last lap and I radio to the pit to keep me posted on the time split between Rulo and myself. A few miles go by and no word from the pit. I radio back asking where Rulo is and they report that he is not through main pit. Finally they radio in and we have a nice comfortable lead now because he had suffered a flat tire. We put it in cruise control and keep charging. We get to about MM25 and our pit reports that there is a Class 1 car approaching. We keep an eye in the mirrors but he is not really gaining on us. By this time, the car was starting to run a little funky. It felt like it was loading up or something. The 1 car catches us in the rough section at about MM28-29 where it is really rough and single track. He is right on our bumper and he is flashing his brights. I am waving out the rear window to let him know I am there. It is single track and there was nowhere to pull over but I was searching. Finally I see a little opening and just before I go to pull over WHAM!!, he nailed me. OUCH!! It made my teeth clack. The car instantly shut off and I am trying to figure out what the hell just happened!!! I am thinking that our rear cage just got pushed into our motor and we are done. I go to start the car and notice that the battery is just about dead. Loomis jumps out to check out the car and everything is OK. (Thanks to ORAF for building such a strong rear cage by the way). We switch batteries and try starting it back up but no luck. I kill the fuel pump and we sat there for what seemed like eternity. Finally, I try to start it and IT COMES BACK TO LIFE!! Loomis jumps back in and we were on our way. We make the right turn for the big downhill straightaway and I am still kind of fuming over the hit we took. Loomis and I are talking and we come up to the railroad crossing full speed and I had forgotten about that nice little drop off. I see it at the last minute and yell "OH S***!! We hit the other side, it kicks us a little sideways and then hit the next drop off and kicks us the other way straight for a huge bush. I turn the wheel at the last second and we just clip the bush and no harm done! WHEEWWWW!! Loomis and I laugh it off (WE SURE GOT LUCKY KIND OF LAUGH). We finish out last lap with no issues and bring home the win. We wound up winning by about 8-9 minutes over Rulo.

I need to thank some people. First off, I would like to thank my lovely wife Angie AKA Firecracker for putting up with me and taking care of all the guys. Loomis and Billy, great job co-dawging!! Mark Agee and family, thank you for letting me drive your car. Glad I was able to bring it home this time FINALLY!! Lucas Hand, thank you for being so organized and running the show. You are the man. SNORE, great event as always. Thanks to the entire Orange Army/ Dailey Motorsports pit crew for working the checkpoints and road crossings out there. I'm sure SNORE appreciates your efforts as well. Thank you to Ashcraft Racing for being out there for us. Congrats on the win Adam!! Thank you PAB for putting up with us hooligans. Bean, thanks for taking the guys around on the prerun and keeping me in line. You are a good friend. Good times hanging with Nimrod (thanks for the prayer before the race), Lobster, Bluebear, Big Daddy and the rest of the DA family. Deano and Glenn-G, thank you for all the belly laughs this weekend. Danzio Racing, thank you for everything. Congrats to you Josh for your overall win. You certainly deserved it! HUGE thanks to Andy from Major Performance engines. We had an issue right before staging and Andy came right over and figured it out for us and got us dialed in even though it wasn’t a Majors motor. Much appreciated amigo!! The FOX shocks were dialed in this weekend!! Thank you to my sponsors:

Bully Dog
    Ringers Gloves
    RADesigns
    ZLT
    Danzio Performance
    Baja Designs

Most importantly, thank you to Yokohama Tires. Cody Stuart, I really appreciate your support and glad we were able to bring home the win for you guys. I think I should make dinner at Fratellos a habit before the races!! HAHA

See you all at the Primm 300!!!

17. CodyS

CodyS DA Un`

Mmmmm Fratellos. We can make that a pre race dinner from now on. Good Job Pat and cody. You guys were on it. Bring home the championship buddy

18. M.Harvey1600

M.Harvey1600 Well-Known Member

nice report p-diddy... i hate when unlimited guys get frustrated and they take it out on limited classes... great to hear that it didn't end your day and that u extended ur points lead!!! take it home buddy

19. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Sounds like a plan!! Talk to you shortly about Primm. :D

20. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Thanks!! It was a good night!!