Disneyland Front of Line Pass

Discussion in 'Whatever - General Discussion' started by Bolles, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Bolles

Bolles Well-Known Member

I took the family a day ago.. discovered the front of line passes.. I can more than afford it but it didnt feel good to me.. my kids were asking me how come others can cut in line.. I explained for extra $$ that was an option but we didnt need to that.. Watching families march by to the front was pretty weird I felt for all. How does anyone else feel?
  2. Kartman

Kartman Media Goon

How much extra does it cost?
  3. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

I was with a group a couple years ago and we had those passes. It was pretty cool. At first I did feel a little awkward walking past everyone like that but I must admit the awkward feeling went away quite quickly after going on a ride and then promptly getting almost right back on and going again. We did this all day.

I guess you could say I was a little conflicted about the whole thing but would I do it again? Totally.
  4. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

If you go with someone who has a injury/sprain/headack you get front of the line pass for your whole group for free. :)
  5. Brandon_Charley

Brandon_Charley Formerly "Cracka Racing"

Is this different than Fastpass?
  6. jrtorres

jrtorres Active Member

i don't see anything wrong with it if you paid for it.
  7. chadmcneilfiberglass

chadmcneilfiberglass Member

It has been years since I have been, but back in the day there was no pass of this kind.

We would take a wheelchair and their policy was to enter each ride through the exit. When you got to the front they would let you ride on the next loading.

Same policy works at six flags. Wheelchairs go in through the exit.

We rode every ride we wanted to (sometimes twice), even on the most crowded weekends. Never wait more than 5 minutes!
  8. BANNEDFROMBAJA

BANNEDFROMBAJA 2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084

yea i want to know how much extra it costs to :D im thinking of taking the GF as a surprise :D
  9. OldStroppeTeam

OldStroppeTeam Well-Known Member

I like the fast pass deal.. I like the mental challenge of figuring out when you need to be where between meals, catching some of the shows and making sure your favotite people are on the ride with you....It's a whole lot better than trying to figure out which ride to save your "E-ticket" for !!!

OH , What? YOu don't know what an E-Ticket" is ? WOW YOU must be YOUNG !!! :p
  10. Brandon_Charley

Brandon_Charley Formerly "Cracka Racing"

If this is about Fastpass, it does not cost extra money, everyone with a ticket can get one fastpass at a time, it tells you when to come back to the ride, you come back you go to the front. I think season pass holder can get more than one, don't remember for sure.
  11. fathead

fathead Active Member

Funny thing is you are not supposed to ride if you have a head,neck, or back injury.

Don't worry, I know what you meant.
  12. Young&Fast

Young&Fast Well-Known Member

Last time I was at Disney land (must have been 3 years ago) there were booths for each ride that would issue you a fast pass for a certain time. You could get a new one every 45 min. I think it is a good idea, it keeps lines down, and even though you have to wait for your time slot, its better to wait on a bench than in line.

I was at Six Flags a few years ago and two girls that were leaving offered us a bunch of front of the line passes, the kind you pay money for. It was really cool because we didn't wait in line all day. These are cool, I don't think there is anything wrong with them, I'd never buy them, but if you can/want to, go for it.
  13. tool46n2

tool46n2 Member

Last year for x-mas, my wife and I bought season passes for us and our daughter. Its cool cuz we have the option of coming back the next day if its busy that day. I like to go in the morning during the week because you dont see the long lines. Some mornings we go for 2 or 3 hours and get on all the rides my daughter wants to, and I like the discounts you get for having a pass.
  14. Bolles

Bolles Well-Known Member

I did discover that the thing I was whining about is free!! I made an assumption it costs.. the earlier post desrbing fast pass is correct.. it appears you have plan the times you want to hit the rides.. looks like instead of extra money you just need to plan the day better.. I still dont like the idea of walking by people in line though..
  15. OldStroppeTeam

OldStroppeTeam Well-Known Member

It's like nerfing.....done correctly it is a work of art, done poorly....welll anyway you get the idea !

Just had to get something releated to racing on the thread.... You know those Moderators !! jk guys
    1 person likes this.
  16. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

It's very hard to get these type of passes now-a-days. You can't just walk in with a wheelchair or a handicapped placard. Documented phycisian care is needed. We tried a while back for my mother-in-law...she has lupus and has a hard time getting around.
  17. RacingOne

RacingOne Member

Season pass's are great, we go when we want, meet my wife there after work during the week and eat dinner there and get a few rides in, it wears out the kids and they right to sleep.
  18. BANNED4LIFE

BANNED4LIFE Well-Known Member

YES the pass you discribe is available, i was at the expo all weekend so i brought the family and sent them down the road to disneyland, on saturday my son van calls me and is totally stoked, so much he can hardly stand it!!! they were all on the matterhorn and when they got off a disney emplotee was there to greet them with "dream passes", its like a fast pass but you dont have to get them separately......dont know why they were selected, but they thought it was really cool..........