Fixing NiCd Drill Battery's For Free (Anyone tried this?)

Discussion in 'Whatever - General Discussion' started by dan200, Apr 29, 2012.

1. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

I was reading up about replacing my drill battery and saw this... Has anyone here tried doing this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

You got to like how he is doing all this on the ground next to a garage door that has water leaking underneath it in his socks.
  3. philofab

philofab Powered by Optima

I tried this and also the freeze methods. I've tried it on both NiCD and NiMH style batteries. I have not tried it on Lithium based batteries and it would create a fire/explosion hazzard.

They come back a little, and work at about 20% of original. After about a month they seem to be junk again. I have 50 or so DeWalt 18V batteries I played with here and every method has this happen.

All this stuff is doing is sorta desulphating/removing Cadmium crystals the cells in the battery. You can make a small difference on this stuff but is still inside the battery and will cause problems.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/The-Truth-About-NiCd-Batteries/292/1
  4. wheeli

wheeli Funny Guy from the North, eh

Dont do this !!!!!!!! fire investigators told me it was my batteries on chargers that burned out my shop and mine had never been tampered with, everything gets charged outside now and forever
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  5. fathead

fathead Active Member

What type of batteries were you charging? LiPo?
  6. randy s

randy s Well-Known Member

i automatically know that i would be featured on the "1000 ways to kill yourself" tv show if i tried that......i can already smell the skin and hair melting....i'll pass on this one...
    (+1) 1 person likes this.