1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Ford 6.0 Diesel Mechanic

Discussion in 'Shop - Engine' started by Waldo, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

Need a mechanic for some work on the PorkPits' diesel. She's got some injectors that need some TLC (no longer under warranty). I shy away from dealers based on prior experience BUT if anyone on here is a Ford/Diesel mechanic, I'd like to keep it in the family! I know of a couple shops out of my area (san jacinto/hemet) so I'm looking for anyone semi-local.

Thanks.

~Waldo

2. buckwild

buckwild Active Member

3. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Active Member

Buyer beware. I am more chapped at ford for there pull the cab to work on it design than at navistar for there junk EGR and engine oil coolers. We are now finding that the 6.0 ironed out was the good engine just as we said about the 7.3L. We did hire another mechanic to survive the 6.0 era and I dont think the 6.4 is going to let him down so its all good. Jurys out on the 6.7.
    I am pushing to go gas v/10s for medium duty trucks in our fleet until deisel emission are ironed out.

4. JEFFRPM

JEFFRPM Non Sugar Coated

So does this mean I will be gettting the money i have spent on my two 6.0 engines, injectors,turbos,egr coolers,head gaskets? the last one that went POOF i drove from the service dept with the service ID number still hanging from the rear view mirror and the ID tag on the key ring straight to the used car dept and asked "what will you give for this thing" i sold it for a $22000.00 loss the way i see it i saved 22k cause those engines are at that time $18000.00 installed complete with dash rattles mushy brakes crooked steering wheel and the carpet wadded up from the cab being removed 4 times yea those trucks were / are the biggest piece of $h it t i have EVER seen.

5. DezertRaders

DezertRaders Member

If you want some help and a little TLC call me. Yes I run a dealer down is SJC. If you are not in a huge hurry, I can save you a bunch 949-289-0099 Rich

6. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

Thanks...I'll hang onto your number!

7. TMorford

TMorford Active Member

The SM Ford Fleet Center's service manager is a former 1450 racer, give them a call and ask for Nicolette.

8. KevinT4R

KevinT4R Member

Loren and the crew at Diesel Tech are worth the drive to San Jacinto...but you probably already know that.

Off-Road Magazine has a troubled '03 6.0-equipped Super Duty (called the STD for Super Turd Diesel) that would have died (and stayed dead) long ago if not for Diesel Tech's expertise.

9. Stone_ld

Stone_ld New Member

Hello, Every vehicle needs servicing at some particular time or to be repaired and diesel mechanic plays a important role for it's maintainability factor. If one is looking for some particular vehicle like for Ford, there are many diesel mechanic and they are well in there duties. diesel mechanic

10. dirtdriver85

dirtdriver85 Member

Diesel Tech