1. Forum membership has its advantages....

HDRA Plaster City Race Updates

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by l.e. shank, Mar 5, 2012.

1. l.e. shank

l.e. shank Member

An updated Event Schedule has just been posted on www.hdrarace.com for the Imperial 250. This information includes the new date and location for the starting position drawing, and start times and classes for the morning and afternoon races Saturday, April 7th in Plaster City. It's going to be a fun-filled weekend with a lot going on...

Additional event information will be posted as it becomes available. Check this thread and the HDRA website regularly to keep up to date. Exciting new happenings are in the works so get your entry in NOW! Be part of the BIG SHOW!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. SicRic

SicRic Member

Thank you..

3. l.e. shank

l.e. shank Member

Re: HDRA Plaster City OHV Stickers

California OHV Stickers will be required for all race vehicles competing in the Imperial 250 at Plaster City. Non-residents of Calif. can purchase these stickers at a number of retail locations as well as directly from the State of California. For a complete list of these locations go to:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2009_OHVNonresidentPermitVendors.pdf

Racers coming from Mexico can purchase stickers at two locations in the El Centro area. They are:
    - Saasta Chevron 2115 South 4th Street El Centro 760-352-2600
    - Sweet Marie's 1723 Lotus Lane El Centro 760-996-6918

If possible, we suggest purchasing these sticker in advance from you local source, or directly from the State of California - Information is on the OHV Permit website.

4. B. Everett

B. Everett Member

This could be a problem. Many race cars do not have the chp tag. I understand this is required to get a green sticker. Is there a temporary sticker for California residents? Also is this just for plaster city or is this the new standard for all races in California ohv areas?

5. l.e. shank

l.e. shank Member

Re: HDRA Plaster City OHV Sticker

This OHV sticker is not a new requirement. I know it was in effect a year ago and the list of retail outlets is dated 2009 so it's been around for awhile. I believe it is a CA statewide requirement for OHV areas. Best to go to their website (above) for information or contact the CA DMV.

6. 07FJRog

07FJRog Well-Known Member

the chp tag would be required if it does not have a VIN. easier to get a non res tag from the places listed and stick where it is easily visible to BLM

7. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

How many racecars have a vin#, can you get the non res tag without vin and title , is this just a revenue thing and if you pay the money for ohv sticker they will leave you alone.

8. DTA 55

DTA 55 Member

Re: HDRA Plaster City OHV Sticker

Ive heard you do not need the sticker to "race" but you may be at the mercy of the blm during the race.

Ive been vin"less" since 05. Even had my car impounded once, got it out, no fee, no reg, no problem...

I am in the process of finally getting one though, its not a bad thing.

9. SpeedBump

SpeedBump Member

A Green Sticker or DMV registration has been a requirement to race on BLM land for a long time.
    However, the BLM rangers do not always check but that may change.
    Over the New Years weekend at the nearby Ocotillo Wells OHV park the rangers impounded a lot of motorcycles and other vehicles.

10. htown916

htown916 Member

I was actually surprised how easy it was to get a green sticker for both my 4 seater and my race car.

Step 1, go to dmv and get the paperwork to take to chp to have your "new construction off highway specialty vehicle" inspected and issued a vin#

Step 2, make an appointment with your local CHP and have vehicle inspected and vin attached along with signing off paperwork.

Step 3, go back to dmv with completed paperwork from CHP and pay your registration. In my case engines, trannies, and frame were all built at home from spare parts so I just filled that out on the statement of facts.

Done deal

11. 07FJRog

07FJRog Well-Known Member

I have done this 5 times now, but it is not quite as easy as you think, you for sure will need receipts for all major components and showing that you paid taxes (DMV money grubbers) or you will pay those at DMV. there are a few peeps that do the running around and getting things ready for you for a small fee, then just go to CHP for your Blue tag (VIN), send back paperwork to them and you get all your stuff.

A lady named Lisa did my last one, her contact info is at Fibertech in Santee, she can even make arrangements to get your ride to CHP if needed, ( this is an extra fee).

12. htown916

htown916 Member

I had no receipts. Step #3 is the key. It was all built out of spare parts and tubing I or you had laying around. Just posting my experience. I know it all depends on the dmv and chp office you use.

13. l.e. shank

l.e. shank Member

Imperial 250 BLM & Vendor Information

Following was posted by Roger Norman on RDC Desert Racing Forum last evening:

We had a fantastic meeting with BLM today. They are helping us to make this event and future events successful. We could not be more excited to be working with the El Centro office.

California OHV stickers "will not" be required for vehicles entered to race the IMPERIAL 250 in Plaster City on April 7th, 2012. For safety reasons this event is considered to be a closed course event.

All vendors who wish to sell product at the Imperial 250 will be able to register with HDRA, on the website www.hdrarace.com. The form for vendors will be on the website by Sunday March 18th. BLM fees for vending at the race course on BLM land will be $30 and 3% of gross and will be paid to HDRA. The fee for vending at contingency will be $150 dollars and will include the $30 BLM fee should you choose to sell product at the race course on Saturday as well. HDRA official sponsors pay only BLM fees for vending. Food vendors must provide proof of current health department certificate and business license. We will be having Freestyle Motocross shows at contingency and at the race site so you will want to reserve your spots early for a good location near the action. We are expecting to see more than 10,000 race fans at the Imperial Valley Mall for contingency and the Freestyle Motocross Show. Please do not forget your autograph pens, stickers or hero cards. The off-road fans from Calexico and Mexicali are the best in the world.

Roger Norman

14. Robert HDRA

Robert HDRA Member

Re: Imperial 250 BLM & Vendor Information

Straight from BLM, " NO GREEN STICKER FOR THE HDRA IMPERIAL 250" supported by Imperial County, El Centro, Plaster City and all the business' in the area. Now can we show them the same support they are showing us? Let's go racing !

15. NBuckel

NBuckel Member

No awards presentation at the theater anymore?

16. Ken Flippin

Ken Flippin Member

If it was to be at the theatre, Sunday was going to have to be the day for awards. No dealio, as that is Easter...... so we are going to do it at Puerto Nuevo and
    stay at one spot for awards and after party....

17. NBuckel

NBuckel Member

Makes sense. C'mon April!

18. l.e. shank

l.e. shank Member

Imperial 250 Vendor Information

Vendor Information is now available on the HDRA website. Vendors wishing to participate at Imperial 250 Contingency on Friday, April 6th, and at the race site on Saturday, April 7th, should refer to this information. Go to IMPERIAL 250 on the menu bar and scroll down to VENDING AT RACE SITE for details.

19. l.e. shank

l.e. shank Member

Imperial 250 WAIVER FORMS

WAIVER FORMS are now available online at www.hdrarace.com. Each individual's category determines which two (2) forms need to be signed. Go to the WAIVER INFORMATION page under the IMPERIAL 250 heading to determine the two forms required. Driver and co-driver forms are for review only. They must present i.d. and sign forms in person at registration. Team members can sign forms and have another member bring forms to registration for their wristbands.

20. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

Man I am bummed I just realized the race is easter weekend, dont think I could go even if I wanted to.