1. Forum membership has its advantages....

IDO TT from Israel - video

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by rebel33, Apr 13, 2010.

1. rebel33

rebel33 Member

I everyone, I'd like to share a clip of the Israeli TT built by Ido Cohen -

Some more pictures in this feature from a few months back on Jeepolog.com:

http://www.jeepolog.com/693.html

This is one of 4-5 vehicles which we here call TT's although they are still quite far from a real trophy truck's specs... all were built in the last couple of years, this is all quite new and exciting. This one is allready a "Pajero killer".

Enjoy!

Nimrod

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

That is rad! Congratulations on your build and nice video!

Shalom! :)

3. JWK Motorsports

JWK Motorsports Active Member

at first glance i thought it was one of the older independent suspension HMS's.. Looks good! i didnt realize we had family in Israel!!!

4. 5racer

5racer Well-Known Member

good job ,if theres dirt theres offroad racing somewhere

5. Shoyrtt

Shoyrtt Active Member

Any races in late June? I'd like to see it in person. :)

6. Demp

Demp #mikesson

I like your trailer exit! jajaja Sweet rig!!

7. TNT race photo

TNT race photo Active Member

Thats a nice truck, you dont hear about offroad racing much in israel,i would think its not wize to wonder to far into the dez?

8. Jacob7672

Jacob7672 Nimrod de Ashcraft

x2....

9. Chas Moore

Chas Moore Active Member

Awesome!!

10. FiberwerX

FiberwerX Member

That is awesome to see stuff like that.. So how much are you guys selling these for?

11. RaceAddict

RaceAddict Member

Ido! Get over here and race Baja with us! We can't wait to meet you!

12. 2pound

2pound Member

I guess our democratic republic influence is rubbing off on them in more way's than one.

That truck is very sweet. Hopefully he gets a chance to race one over here.

13. bomber

bomber Active Member

Very impressive. Are there any plans for these trucks to make it to N. American races?

14. randy68

randy68 Well-Known Member

X2!! Great lookin truck!

(Bring it on!)

15. Mumzy

Mumzy Well-Known Member

Orange, CA now in Dutchess County New York
    I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty to translate the article from Hebrew to English (no my Hebrew is not that good, I used a translator).

By: Nimrod Meller
    18/06/2009

First exposure - the new vehicle from the creator of Ido Cohen. 1,700 kg, 480 hp, elegant Hipwei Fever - America and Israel. Was it just fine or even a baker? Tomorrow evening, at the finish line of race Hermon Eilat in 2009, the answer.
    The most beautiful car in the race. Period. The day after the publication of these lines you will know if he just pretty, or even a baker. Will he be the finish line first in Eilat? Ido Cohen natural candidate to victory in every race, and if Star Peach see this going the way he looks, competing for the fastest car Cup will have to work hard. Not driving, but the stab voodoo dolls, talismans pat swearing snakes. Baja race that crosses - Israel 2009, who can stop the Ido and "hand" Ophir in the Navigator, it's just lady luck. Pah - pah. Delight Yochai Cohen leads the Silverado rapid assistance, a 600 km race has a second chance to fix almost anything.

So what have we here? Construction on the car but decided Ido four months ago, and was built in record time, joins two tropical - Terax passengers plus one under construction, and marks the new age racing Israel. Have testified say and left the Mitsubishi 4x4 and discovered a new world. The truth is that he returns to his old love - Chevrolet, America, pickups. But these are still not improved revolving Sonoma Pardes Hana ... It's a race car built pipes ST52, compact (3-meter wheelbase drop), low (Let's hope that the images convey how) Minimalist (car open, narrow cut, zero allowed), large tires (37/12.5R17, Maxis, the simple Ckerger hoops enough - Ahabidlokym are cosmetic only), racks not excessive (a move rack of approximately 22 inches in back, about 20 Preview) and something else - in the engine from the ... This car, which has so little, the engine is the main player. Chevrolet LS3 (and LS7 as it is written on the red covers - Ido name them because they look good), volume 6.2 liter, 480 hp. Real. A new engine the "angry" - Crate, catalog the Performance of General Motors. A little less from $ 8,000 (before gentlemen, before ...) Bed, including fast. 4L80E limestone joins him - also a new box, imported from the United States. The engine and the wiring and piping complete properly, all airports, and not particularly expensive, the Summit Racing catalog familiar to us all. This car is not built from an unused junk - but new parts - such as who should build a bike.

Front suspension with classical geometry. Where Navona? Ido smiling - Chevrolet C / K, of course! " Steel shaved a bit, elsewhere reinforcements are added, an apple Upper turned larger, the same bottom. Howe hydraulic steering comb 2.5 closes the steering system - is the same as that installed Tropical Baruch Toledano's track T1 of the team in her films - there are new standards Israel.

Rear live axle, floating, with disks. What Car? "Dana 60 Ford Akonulein" - Ido filter quietly, almost apologetically. He is a Chevrolet, not stand separated. But a logical choice, perhaps the most logical, from the existing inventory in Palestine. The captain minimum of additional iron, connect the 4 link suspension. Inhibit the back (Milstein 9100 2.5-inch Vipassana Sway-A-Way 3 inch diameter - Image arrangement similar) connected near the captain himself, a style characteristic of the stadium racing trucks, CORR Tropical Terax unlike real. Shorter arms back, do not require massive reinforcement, resulting in lighter weight contributes. In general, although we call the Tropical vehicle - track (run out of Israel's Tomorrow is the first official name of this category, with three competitors!), Kyle and planning influenced by light trucks mainly of simple closed paths, you know what? Can be very precisely this formula will be revealed closer to why it took an Israeli race car.

So how much he weighs? 1700 kg dry. 480 as we've already said? "This is my first car, Ido Cohen, afraid to give it gas to the end! I went on the road leading to 170 mph, only a short section, and let go. Power scares me! "Who knows the driver's style of Ido Cohen, can appreciate the confession of this preparation. Car has a 189 km / h GPS measured on a test drive. And who knows, maybe Prairie Kid's navigation devices will register even more?

Deja - vu. The car reminds me of something, I saw him in the past ... I did not know exactly what looked familiar, until I showed solved the riddle - Toyota's legendary Ivan Stewart. These same colors, orange and yellow and red on a white, huge wheels are dwarfed beneath the chassis, the same proportions exactly. Homage to a charming car that many consider to be top of the motor work, which I - it turns out that Ido. Enjoy the pictures, I enjoyed filming them - the car is more beautiful in reality. Tomorrow, Friday 19th June 2009, we'll know if he delivers the goods.

Do you have an opinion? Want to know more? Discussion on the new car has been running the forum Ido.

16. meatlog

meatlog Member

The truck looks real nice. They must be running a fairly stiff setup; stiff shocks and bid sway bars. It looks like it would handle really well. I really like it. I think it would do pretty well in a Baja 500 type race.

17. StaatsRace1

StaatsRace1 Member

Nicely done

18. Dezert Razer 77

Dezert Razer 77 Member

real nice truck
    it will be nice having this truck here on the states
    but if cant tell armin to take that truck to the baja 300
    that thing looks serious

19. randy s

randy s Well-Known Member

jewish folks in general really are great at making things work really well. their aircraft fly well, their tanks for the most part used to be ours and they go through everything and end up with a better unit than it was when we used them new. this effort by cohen doesn't surprise me at all. wouldn't this truck be more of a 1450 class truck than a tt by our standards?

20. Tom_Willis

Tom_Willis Well-Known Member

under 2 tons, corvette power, and Bilstein "Milstein" 9100 bypass shocks with Sway-A-Way coilovers? Either a really sweet prerunner or a class 1400 killer.