Indonesia Mitsubishi Pajero 2013

Discussion in 'Shop - Show & Tell' started by Andhi_partsm, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Hi Dear Race-Dezert Members,

As I have share anything related to speed offroad racing in Indonesia, herewith I would like to share the 1st Offroad Racing built-up sponsorred by Mitsubishi Indonesia for their icon driver "Rifat Sungkar".

As always mentioned before, this thread is not about how I show our Indonesian technical capabilities, but only trying to promote such Speed Offroad Racing in Indonesia, with a hope that one day it would be as big as in the US.

Rifat Sungkar is the third generation in his family that consistently win many championship rally both national and international levels such as :

• 2012 - Participate in PWRC within WRC Rally
    • 2010 Asia Pasific Rally Championship (Malaysia), # 2 Asia Cup - Asia Pacific Rally Championship
    • 2009 Asia Pacific Rally Championship (Asia Pasifik), # 2 Asia Cup - Asia Pasific Rally Championship
    • 2008 Asia Pasific Rally Championship (Asia Pasifik), # 5th Overall 2009
    • Indonesian National Rally Championship Overall Winner 2008
    • Drift King Indonesia 2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still remembered in the month of October 2012, Rifat discussions in many issues ranging from the presence of sophisticated machines such as V-8 Engine to the use of Coil-Over Suspension and By-Pass Shocks in speed offroad racing event.

After long discussions finally Rifat said why not use his daily vehicles Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar with Common-Rail Turbo Diesel for use in the event of Speed ​​Offroad National Championship ?

Rifat Sungkar, Driving Mitsubishi Pajero during Mitsubishi Pajero Demo Day...
    [​IMG]

Such a crazy idea, as there has never been offroader in Indonesia using full-size SUV vehicle (chassis and body) as the base vehicle offroad racing. In general, off-road vehicle speed in Indonesia is using chassis as 4x4 Suzuki Jimny, Suzuki Vitara, Jeep CJ, Wrangler or Cherokee, or custom tubular.

I help Rifat purchased his LS-7 (from TURN xxx) last Dec to be installed in his Nissan S-15 to compete for Indonesian National Drift Championship.

I thought Rifat is going to install any kind of V-based engine for his Offroad Racing truck. He smlied and said that

[​IMG]

Such a crazy IDEA !!!, Rifat mentioned the engine spec :

• Type : 2.5L DOHC Commonrail Turbocharged and Intercooled,
    • Cylinder : 4 Cylinder In-line (4D56) (HIGH POWER)
    • Displacement(cc) : 2,477
    • Bore x Stroke(mm x mm) : 91.1 x 95.0
    • Max. Output( PS/rmp ) : 178@4000 (131 kW)
    • Max Torque( kgm/rpm ) : [email protected] – 3.500 (350 Nm)
    • Fuel System : Commonrail (Low Pressure) Direct Injection
    • Fuel Type : Diesel

According to Rifat, with some engine upgrade, he would be able to get 300HP easily with lots of torque.

YES, there are so many done within the race-dezert forum, as prerunner to full custom race truck built for speed with such a nice interior.

So, in Indonesia, as of right now, there AREN'T any manufacture that participate in speed offroad racing. As for your info, in Indonesia we have Chevrolet, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota pick-up, but the one that thery are selling is the low-medium type (and based on Thailand Plant Assembly), and based on DIESEL engine, rather than nice V-8.

I know that Rifat still have some V-8 engine somewhere around his garage. So why should be DIESEL ??? According to Rifat, this projects needs to retain much of the stock look as well as the engine, to promote vehicle manufacture in Indonesia to see that their vehicle can compete in such event. If and when the sports are growing, then he would surely install his V-8 of choice.

Hopefull with Rifat's idea, this can can inspire vehicle manufacturers / assembly in Indonesia who have variants of SUV / Pick-Up to participate in such racing. And in the end, will make speed offroad racing getting more popular.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, wish us luck...., hopefully with this project, it will inspire other manufacture in Indonesia to participate in such offroad racing event....
  2. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport For Speed ​​Offroad: # 2a. Strengthening Main Structure and Roll Bar Installation

DSS Motorsport received the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport already stripped from any interioe. The first thing they do is to weigh the vehicle.

[​IMG]

PROCESS ... :
    B-pillar placement has been adjusted to the position of the passenger seat (Driver and Navigator).

B-pillar (and also the A-pillars and C-pillars) is using seamless pipe made ​​in Germany (mostly available in Indonesia) with the specifications of OD (outer diameter) 44.5 mm or (1.75 ") and pipe wall thickness of 2 , 9mm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Re: Indonesia Mitsubishi Pajero 2013, Front Roll-Bar Cage

Front Roll-Bar / Roll-Cage starts from the front wall of Engine Fire-Wall. The mounting is sandwich between the cabin with the engine (fire-wall). running to the area beside the front radiator, just behind the front grille.

This would be used for upper front suspension mounting bracket, as well as mounting bracket for the front fenders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The suspension in the picture above is just for mock-up only, just to make sure that the suspension would be able to cycle properly.

According to Rifat Sungkar who is into RALLY RACING, and are very familiar with other suspension tuning, he said that he already ordered "REIGER RACING" Suspension for this car. He already sent all of the data needed for Reiger Racing to make a custom suspension for this Pajero Sport, suited for Rifat Rally driving style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

I like the build. Good job and thanks for posting.
    Are there any events happening in May? I'm going to be in Jakarta for a wedding and would rather be checking out the local race scene than sitting in the motel.
  5. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

y2kbaja,

Hi, thanks for such nice compliments.

I think some of the local race would be re-schedule into May. The 1st Speed Offroad Racing would be help this coming April -6-7, and it seems the 2nd would be help in May.

I am in the Indonesian Racing Committee, so I will get update as it happens.

[​IMG]

Anyway, sent me your detail schedule in Jakarta ([email protected]), and lets get together. You are certainly my VVIP guest, and I will take you around to see what is happening in Offroad Racing as well other racing and just having fun.

[​IMG]

My Team "GT-RADIAL TIre, co-sponsor by DRIVE M-7 Energy Drink"
    [​IMG]

OR, we could drop by at the race, and just say "HI" to them...
    [​IMG]

Cheers....

-Andhi-
  6. retroblazer

retroblazer Active Member

Thanks for posting your build. We look forward to seeing more...
  7. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Thank you very much., I will indeed....
  8. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Middle passenger roll-bar / roll-cage (pillar-c).

Basically the rear roll-bar (pillar-c) has two main functions,
    1. Safety cage for the rear passengers
    2. Upper mounting point for the up-coming Coil-Over Shocks by Reiger Racing

The middle passenger roll-bar / roll-cage (pillar-c) rear starts just behind the rear passenger and goes from the left to right.

[​IMG]

The middle passenger roll-bar / roll-cage (pillar-c) are welded to a top plate which is then mounted on top of the body frame, to a plate underneath the body frame. The bottom plate are then welded to the chassis.
    [​IMG]

The middle passanger door also have side support, starting from the near bottom of pillar-B going to middle of pilar-C.

[​IMG]

The Upper Coil-Over Shocks mounting are positioned to make sure the shocks can articulate freely, and do not bind the mounting

[​IMG]

When everything is already tested, the Upper Coil-Over Shocks mounting is supported to the top pillar-c to help to strenghten and to distribute the force it received.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Now that you know that it is only 22hours flying from LAX to Jakarta, Indonesia, Imagine that we are still able to get our hand on these precious items from US...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This would be install on one of KS Motorsport Semi Tubular Race Jeep

[​IMG]

As why MOPAR HEMI ?, 'Coz KS Motorsport is a JEEP Dealer in Jakarta, Indonesia, and he just like to have anything associated with JEEP, MOPAR, HEMI.....
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  10. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

REIGER RACING Shocks, just installed.

so yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.....

[​IMG]
  11. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Offroad Racing PRIVATE Testing day...................

[​IMG]
  12. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

Nice, I hope I'm there for a test day.
  13. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member

Hi, So sorry not being able to meet you in person when you were in Jakarta this Mei. I tried to call the hotel and no one picked up the phone.

Tried to call your cell number, but out of reach....

Hopefully you do enjoy Jakarta and Bali.

Please do let me know if you are planning to visit Indonesia.,.

-Andhi -
  14. Andhi_partsm

Andhi_partsm Member