Is TL now SCORE legal ? What Happened ?

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Baja peso, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Baja peso

Baja peso Member

Is all cured? What changes were needed if any? is it reasonable? Who's paying for it to be SCORE legal? How many if any can I hope to see at PRIMM ?
    One of the most interesting threads stopped with unaswered questions. :confused:
  2. 43mod

43mod Active Member

to make an old truck legal you take it to tl and have them cut off the top of the rollcage and rebuild w/1.75 tubing.cost $1850.
    or you can swap old frame for new frame with all score legal parts for mid $6k.
    since i have tl #1 with plenty of miles on it i am going to do the chassis swap this fall.
    truck #20 will stay the way it is and be happy.
  3. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

I like how one of you guys ranked Trip's post down. The guy can't ask a simple question? As Fish would say...WAJ!
  4. BANNED4LIFE

BANNED4LIFE Well-Known Member

i hear the scaroni's are paying the $1850 for all the 1.5" trucks that were sold as score legal.....
  5. scottm

scottm Well-Known Member

Pete, did they make things right with you? (afraid to ask but 'I gots to know' (name that movie))
  6. EUGENIO_979

EUGENIO_979 Active Member

duh...da dun dun
    1 person likes this.
  7. BANNED4LIFE

you already know the answer to that......
  8. jbarker@banks

jbarker@banks Active Member

Dirty Harry? Sorry back on topic:D
  9. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

He would not be offering up Scaroni money if they did.
  10. Baja peso

Baja peso Member

Is there a general consensus among the owners that this is a reasonable solution? What do you think will happen at PRIMM? I hope they don't single Pete out and not correct his punitively.
    Eugenio, please stop stupid posting
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  11. EUGENIO_979

EUGENIO_979 Active Member

Tripcash.......please stop tripping...thanks :) Sorry if i ruined your thread im out!
  12. BANNED4LIFE

if you are a tl owner that doesnt care if you got what you paid for then you are probably ok with it.........i personally, am NOT ok with paying more to MILLIONAIRES who sold something that was not what it was supposed to be........
  13. rickf

rickf Active Member

Do you at least get a couple of months of free produce?
  14. ONE_RJ

ONE_RJ Well-Known Member

I never saw or was told that they were sold as SCORE legal. Why do you keep saying that these need to be SCORE legal, so you can rent your trucks out at SCORE races and make money? Everything was fine until you came into the class with an idea to start a business and try to make money off renting these trucks. The quick fix was to talk Matt into making you chassis different then everybody else had, that's the real problem here. Why are YOU complaining? Your 2 new chassis are SCORE tagged and now thats what SCORE wants to see as the fix, which screwed everybody else and now YOU are the only one still complaining. Pete, it's getting old. Please sell or give away your trucks, pay your bills and move on, it is obvious that you will never be happy. Don't try to ruin it for the rest of us who are having fun and racing for great prize purses. I will tell you what, since I have already won a ton of money from Trophylite, I will pay the $1850 to update your 1st truck that isn't SCORE legal, if you promise to sell your trucks quickly, settle your debt with TL and go away. Deal?

OK, now you come up with some witty response as to why you are right and the rest of us are knuckleheads.
    3 people like this.
  15. jim_moulton

jim_moulton Active Member

Word! If you don't like the direction T-L is going move on and build a better mouse trap. Don't bring down a great idea just to prove your arrogance.
  16. ELITE10CAR

ELITE10CAR Member

Because he directly asked Matt Scaroni if they were SCORE legal before he bought them and Matt said "Yes they are SCORE legal." Then Pete said "I will order 3 for my Baja Tour business that is going to race SCORE races. I am doing this to make money." Maybe that is why Pete insists that they be SCORE legal.
  17. ONE_RJ

ONE_RJ Well-Known Member

The 2 new chassis he has are SCORE tagged. There are also some 1.5 TL trucks that are SCORE tagged. The trucks were designed to be an affordable spec class racing in a more affordable series, other then SCORE. The trucks were being driven harder then they were designed for and needed upgrades to keep up with the demand of what the customers wanted, that is where the added weight came into play, but this has all been discussed many times before. Pete's not new to the Off-Road scene and got exactly what he paid for or hasn't paid for. He has also been offered a way to resolve the issues quickly. It is up to Pete to take advantage of it and move forward and go racing, renting or continue ranting....
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  18. 43mod

43mod Active Member

one rj i like your style.look forward to racing with you if we ever make it down for a tl race.
  19. deano

deano McDeano

i sure have missed this thread .. welcome back :cool:
  20. Triple X Posse

Triple X Posse Member

I just want to start off my opinion on this whole thing by saying, more people need to step up like Rick (one rj), especially other trophylite owners, and tell Pete to grow up. I can say this because I can say that Rick is one of my good friends and when he steps up and fights for something like this he knows what he's doing and he's behind it 110%. I know a few things, one he's done his research, two, I know that he's heard both sides of the story before he forms his opinion, and third Rick has been a driver, co-driver, owner, winner of races, and loser of races (just a few) for a number of years in this big world of motorsports we call off road racing and just plain knows his stuff.

More people to need to come out and stand behind Trophylite, Greg Foutz and The Scaroni's. Trophylite is a good race series and they're great trucks. I've prepped one for two years now. That truck had it's little issues, but like any other truck (PROTRUCK) they've been fixed and now it's great. We've won a championship with it and have definitely won some races with it. I've had the chance to co-dawg for Rick in it and I'd ride in it anytime.

Pete has just been whining this whole time. This whole thing should have never come up on race dezert. Pete should have been a man and handled it like one. Pete, Stop throwing your temper tantrum like a spoiled five year old and sell your trucks. Get over it. You have been given solutions to the problem and obviously don't want to take care of it the easy way. Seems to me that you just don't want to pay your past bills. Sell your trucks to someone that will put them to use and go out and win one of the awesome purses