Ivan Stewart PPI Toyota TT

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Robby Woods, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Robby Woods

Robby Woods Active Member

Where can you find pics like the ones on RDC feature vehicles. I'd love to see it un-bodied it looks to work amazing.
  2. racer56

racer56 Well-Known Member

3. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

RW, gimme a holler the next time you are down in so. cal, I have a PPI truck at my disposal that you can view anytime. Its one of his shortcourse/desert trucks (class7).. VERY trick stuff that you would really be into. Not a TT but definitely something to get your mind going
  4. ProFORMANCE

ProFORMANCE Active Member

The truck is in process of being restored to "Race Ready" condition at TM1 Motorsports. We were at the dyno last week with the engine, and it went into the chassis early this week.

Here is a link for recent photos: http://tm1motorsports.com/015chassisphotos.html
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  5. Nessy

Nessy Active Member

Will somebody be racing this truck or is it just going to be a show piece.The truck looks awesome!
  6. ProFORMANCE

It is going on the sale/auction block........!!!

But, it will see the dirt again with Ivan behind the wheel before it gets there.
    1 person likes this.
  7. M.Harvey1600

M.Harvey1600 Well-Known Member

here you go... the guy that is restoring the truck has a facebook page...

CHASSIS 015 PPI for IVAN STEWART
  8. Nessy

Nessy Active Member

I cant wait.Hopefully it will get posted on here when it will be racing with Ivan.
  9. ProFORMANCE

Sorry Mike, but you are wrong on this. The owner of this facebook page is Herza Castro. Herza Castro has never been involved with PPI's 015 chassis. Neither has he anything to do with TM1 Motorsports. He has obviously copied all of these pics from TM1 Motorsports website.

TM1 Motorsports is owned by Tom Morris, former co-owner and manager of/at PPI. The only persons that have been involved in the restoration of this truck are original employees of PPI and/or TRD who were originally involved in the building and campaigning of this truck from its inception (with a few exceptions.)
  10. ProFORMANCE

Note: I did not say it will be raced, only "see the dirt" (photo/video shoot/magazine opp.)
  11. M.Harvey1600

M.Harvey1600 Well-Known Member

sorry just ran across the page a while ago and bookmarked it... thought he was involved in the restoration...
  12. Yumaoffroad

Yumaoffroad Member

did ivan really have pits every 10 miles? or is myth
  13. ProFORMANCE

Not a problem. I just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Now that I go back and read my post, I come across rather rude, which was not my intent. Sorry for that....!!!!
  14. ProFORMANCE

At some events, PPI took over 100 personnel to support Ivan including up to 20 chase trucks. It is possible that at some events, we may have had service available (if needed) in very short distances, but this would have only been in very aggressive terrain areas. Our crews could perform a tire change in under 30sec while it would take Ivan several minutes. Having crews leapfrog locations allowed us to have many-many service spots available if ever the need arose. This in turn allowed Ivan to push harder knowing if he damaged a tire, replacement was not far away. We did a lot of tire testing with BFG and knew exactly how far Ivan could run on a flat before serious problems would result. We tried to address potential needs by creating chase routes based on terrain and not just distance.
  15. Iron Mike

Iron Mike New Member

Gary - 015 roared back to life today to take it's first run up the street with Tom at the wheel. Had two very small issues (coolant & fuel leak) which were quickly rectified. It's been 12 years since I last heard her run and she sounds great.
  16. Yumaoffroad

Yumaoffroad Member

IMAGINE if the big 3 did that kind of support for desert racing these days what it would be like good ol days
  17. ProFORMANCE

That's good news. I spoke with Tom late Thursday to confirm a few items prior to the weekend at which time he told me he was close to firing her up, but have not spoken since. 015 has a sound unlike any other.
  18. El Ranas

El Ranas Well-Known Member

is alive!! (photo from facebook)

Attached Files:

19. MadMike1111

MadMike1111 Member

Sooooo Cool! The first time I went to spectate at the Baja 1000 I ended up accidentally camping next to his pit guys at Ojos, I drank coffee with a couple of technicians that morning, they gave me a glossy poster (that's still up in the shop next to the class 11). He pitted that morning for a tire change or tire hold down tightening, can't remember, but I was stoked!
  20. Big Hock

Big Hock Bababooey!!!

I'd bet money that truck could still win today.
    1 person likes this.