1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Jim Beam to quit NASCAR

Discussion in 'Pavement Racing' started by bpthirteen, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bpthirteen

bpthirteen Active Member

Jim Beam to quit NASCAR

One day after Jack Daniel's announced it was leaving NASCAR, Beam Global Spirits and Wine Inc., maker of Jim Beam bourbon, announced Tuesday it will not extend its sponsorship with Robby Gordon Motorsports beyond this season and will not return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2010.

The company says it plans to focus its marketing resources on other platforms.

Jack Daniel's announced Monday it would not extend its sponsorship with Richard Childress Racing's #07 team. Brown-Forman, Jack Daniel's parent company, and Beam entered NASCAR in 2005 when NASCAR lifted its sponsorship ban on distillers.

“It was a difficult decision to transition away from being a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team sponsor,” said Bill Newlands, president of Beam Global Spirits and Wine U.S.

“We always take a hard look at our marketing resources and how we can best interact with legal-purchase-age consumers. After an extensive review of our marketing strategy, we have come up with new alternatives to fuel growth for Jim Beam in 2010.”

The company will continue its sponsorship of the team and owner/driver Robby Gordon for the remainder of this season.

“Jim Beam has been a great partner for the past five years,” Gordon said. “I would like to thank them for their support through the years.

“They have been with me since we started the team in 2005, helping build our Cup team and aiding in its success.”

2. Mumzy

Mumzy Well-Known Member

Orange, CA now in Dutchess County New York
    dude the race is over and you are lining up to start.........sorry old news

3. jeff

jeff Super Moderator

I don't follow NASCAR so this was news to me.

Aloha

4. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Same here

5. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

Its all right there in the silly season thread. :)

I got ur back Mumz! :D

6. DEZERTSUB

DEZERTSUB Straw Man

LMAO, I'm sorry to the die-hard Robby fans out there, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Did I miss something??? Where is all the 'success'????

7. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

They are turning a profit arent they? seems to be funding his other racing endeavors quite well of it... It doesnt say NASCAR success!

8. FlyHiFlyLo

FlyHiFlyLo Ace Mechanic

Screw Jim Beam their booze tastes like crap... It's about as smooth as 36 grit sandpaper. Thanks for the millions to our driver tho! LOL

9. DEZERTBOUND

DEZERTBOUND Active Member

....yea, its a little ruff. Ice cold is the only way I could put/keep it down. With JB and JD pulling their add money out of NASCAR are they getting ready for a price war? Will the new add's be poster's of bums on a bench?....Could my dream of Robby and Mickey's beer hooking up finally come true:rolleyes:

......PS I know green race cars, bad luck......

10. Rhinestone Cowboy

Rhinestone Cowboy Can i ban pdailey?

Who wants to take a bet that within the next 3 years we see a huge shift in large corporate marketing head into the X-Games or X-generation? Any takers?

11. FlyHiFlyLo

FlyHiFlyLo Ace Mechanic

I don't think RG's cars need to be green for that. Ha ha

12. movindirt

movindirt Wham Spore

Ummmm I belive Mr. Gordon already runs green on his cars... Monster.... :D

13. DEZERTBOUND

....that was like stripes, not enough too really change luck. Now JR put just enough green on to do it.:rolleyes:

14. movindirt

movindirt Wham Spore

Hahahaha

But Mountain Dew is sooooooo good! ;)

15. DEZERTBOUND

.....I have my best people on this getting Robby and Mickey's beer hooked up.
    (drunk ass off-roaders inc). This would look cool on the hood of his car. To bad they are owned by Miller:(

Guess will just have to be happy with the mega bucks they send too the "Desert dirt dog racing":rolleyes:

Attached Files:

16. RG1Baja

RG1Baja Member

Bottom line is they were a great sponsor for Robby. But no worries, Robby pulls off sponsorship's.