1. Forum membership has its advantages....

KOH Picks?

Discussion in 'Rock Racing' started by MADMEDIA, Jan 27, 2012.

1. MADMEDIA

MADMEDIA Hustler

There are lot of really good guys again this year. Campbell seems to have it figure out! Jordan, Adler, Scherer, Peligrino, etc. Casey currie is coming with a new car.....

2. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 Well-Known Member

Re: KOH Pics?

Campbell FTW!

3. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Active Member

I think that Shannon is always the favorite but Rick Mooneyham is my pick to win this year.

4. az_amsoil

az_amsoil Active Member

Gotta go with my hometown guy Campbell, but our own AGM co-driver Bryan will be in the Gen-Rite rig of Pellegrino, so I'll be pulling for them as well. Looking forward to King of the Moto's!

5. Rock Donkey

Rock Donkey Member

Casey who? Tracy J. isn't racing. Jason and Tony are good podium picks, but Shannon is even better!

I think Shannon will win by 2 hours again, but here is some other guys who can crack the top 5:
    Brad Lovell, Loren Healy, Rick Mooneyham, Erik Miller, Randy Slawson.

Top Ten ousiders: Robby Gordon, TJ Flores, Kevin Scalas, Mike Klensin, John Reynolds (or whoever is driving the UFO car!)

List of all the drivers (everyone has to qualify for starting positions Wed/Thurs):
    http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-line/2012-4wheel-parts-qualifying-rounds-starting-order/

Going to be interesting to see how the new IFS cars hold up. A lot of shock tuning and dialing has been accomplished in the past year to make the solid axle cars that much faster... many of these cars have a proven design that just work in the rocks. IMHO, the race will be lost in the rocks and 'maintained' in the desert.

6. 1mskm

1mskm Member

Don't count out Nick Campbell, hes racing it by himself this year

7. kiyul4130

kiyul4130 New Member

JR's car could take a podium spot easy but i dont think it will do to the driver not having much experience. i could be wrong and it may place in the top 10 or higher, who knows? Jason Scherer's car is just getting wrapped up but it hasnt even touched the dirt yet and the race is in 13 days. Campbell is always a threat and a top competitor. Im not sure who is going to win. I kinda want to see scherer take it again.

8. Brian1

Brian1 Member

1.Pellegrino
    2.Mooneyham

Pickett, Miller and Nelson are ones to watch out for as well. I will be watching Morales from the lcq too. I dont know much about him but his car looks fast!

Whick IFS car will come out on top? That is what Im looking forward to watching, the obvious choice is Shannon. Quite a few of them this year: Campbell, Nelson, JT Stephens, Scherer, Lynch, JR's UFO

9. Brizn

Brizn New Member

I'm gonna put JT Stephens in the 4454 car at the top of my IFS list. He won the BITD Ultra 4 series, and has the only proven rig other than Shannon's and Rob Lynch's. Don't get me wrong, Shannon is a podium machine but his car isn't quite as fast. Every other IFS car is brand new and untested.

10. wheeli

wheeli Funny Guy from the North, eh

Gotta pic Curtis Warner in the 4410,good ole canadian boy is always a threat. Hopefully the brand new rig dosent have to many bugs

11. pappawheely

pappawheely O.G. Photo

There are so many fast guys that are overdue for a win, it's anyones race!

12. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

Watch out for the Lucas Oil Figspeed Machine of Les Figuero. Started way back laswt year in his first event and finished 9th.

13. Hoss50

Hoss50 New Member

I hope a Campbell wins, but I am biased. I think Scherer will be fast and dangerous if the new car works well, and Pellegrino and Slawson are both very good. RG will have a good appearence if he listens to Lance in the rocks and doesn't push to hard in the desert. Can't count out Mooneyham or Healy either. Both have alot of experience and good cars.

Harley

14. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 Well-Known Member

Whats Lance's experience in racing?

15. 200MPHTape

200MPHTape Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a live cast like last year? If so, how about a link?

16. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Active Member

Back in 2002 he won a rockcrawling championship spotting for Mike Shaffer, and after that he spotted for Jason Scherer for years. He has also spotted Shannon Campbell and Roger Norman to victory in the rocks.

In the desert, he has driven a Jeepspeed in the 1000 to a class win and navigated for Pistol Pete and Roger Norman in the 1000 in their Trophy Trucks. Lance has an impressive resume!

www.ultra4racing.com/live

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  17. Rock Donkey

Rock Donkey Member

Shazaam!\m/