1. Forum membership has its advantages....

KTM --- San Felipe 250 ---

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by WickedGravityVideo, Mar 10, 2012.

1. WickedGravityVideo

WickedGravityVideo Well-Known Member

[/FONT

KTM = "Kan Take Mexico"..... nice riding by Ivan Ramirez and KTM Kurt Caselli on the # 3x bike. CONGRATS!

Good to see non-red on the top step of the podium!\m/\m/\m/

2. timmymo

timmymo Troll

BAKERSFIELD ca between pumkin center and oildale
    Oh boy, easy wgv, they will banish you to the tunnels and caves of trolldome..didn't you get the message this is a red state.... I love your kan do attitude. This should be a good year in Baja

3. BGRANT

BGRANT Well-Known Member

No computer access, finish order? Heard QC broke himself off, bummer.
    THR?
    400x?

4. MXShea

MXShea MX know-it-all

Oh boy BG, don't bring up those pesky details or bring to anyones attention WHY a KTM won.

5. WickedGravityVideo

WickedGravityVideo Well-Known Member

it really is a shame that the KTM win is marred by the crash of both Honda and Kawi (am i correct here?).... damn shame and hope those guys are ok. However, I still was putting my money down on Caselli... he is really riding tough stuff well.... was leading the King of The Motos until his radiator broke.

6. MXShea

MXShea MX know-it-all

Caselli is awesome and I'm not taking anything away from him. He very well could have won without a crash from anyone. Just teasing Timmy Pumpkin Boy. :D

7. bufeo

bufeo Well-Known Member

I hope Kendall isn't badly injured. QC was seen smiling on his Twitter page. KTM won the SF 250 in '05 as well—Blais/Cody/Grider. At that time JC blamed the loss on a 'broken part'. :)

Allen R

8. timmymo

timmymo Troll

BAKERSFIELD ca between pumkin center and oildale
    Aw shucks Shea, its all good. Kawi not so good two riders crashed the same bike within the first 40 miles . Oops somthin set up a bit stiff?????. The 500 will be bad arss

9. baja fan

baja fan Member

great race and great riders went down, good to see KTM on the top of the podium and can't wait to see second chapter of these season... congrats on CASELLI AND IVAN for their win and wasn't their fall others falling...see'ya in ensenada in june...

10. kxraptor

kxraptor Member

Way to go Kurt!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. BajaboundMoto

BajaboundMoto Active Member

Really BGrant, you didn't follow it? This was one to not miss.
    The suspected 5.5 bike race of course was 4.5 cuz Norman didn't race (as a few said would be but some thought he was in SF to ride, not just party).
    The Kawi went down hard 2times really early. KTM Quinn wadded himself early. TimmyW wadded himself while on the tail (honda ahead on time) of the Caselli/Ramirez KTM. Caselli/Ramirez had an awesome race, the only real players to not take themselves out. Surprised the heck outta me the bike survived. And regardless if JCR had the adjusted lead 70mi fro the finish the KTM was gonna win, kurts just that good.
    Who wouldda guessed (besides JustinH) that we'd see 3 of the top guys get chopper rides back to the US??
    Allen - what do you mean about "hope Kendal isn't badly injured"? Typo?

12. richzajic

richzajic Member

Why was Colton allowed to be transported to the race bike via Helo??

I thought transfer of racer and parts was Illegal in SCORE.

If that is true, He should be DQ'd

Or Im I wrong??

13. BGRANT

BGRANT Well-Known Member

[BBM, was away from a real computer and my eyes are too bad and thumbs to fat to follow on my phone. Heard it was good....for a while. How did Gabe end up?QUOTE=BajaboundMoto;1393318]Really BGrant, you didn't follow it? This was one to not miss.
    The suspected 5.5 bike race of course was 4.5 cuz Norman didn't race (as a few said would be but some thought he was in SF to ride, not just party).
    The Kawi went down hard 2times really early. KTM Quinn wadded himself early. TimmyW wadded himself while on the tail (honda ahead on time) of the Caselli/Ramirez KTM. Caselli/Ramirez had an awesome race, the only real players to not take themselves out. Surprised the heck outta me the bike survived. And regardless if JCR had the adjusted lead 70mi fro the finish the KTM was gonna win, kurts just that good.
    Who wouldda guessed (besides JustinH) that we'd see 3 of the top guys get chopper rides back to the US??
    Allen - what do you mean about "hope Kendal isn't badly injured"? Typo?[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  14. announcer dude

announcer dude Leg Rider

interview with kurt

[video=youtube;ewLY3AyMQyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewLY3AyMQyo&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

15. ScottyA

ScottyA Active Member

Not sure I want to get a ktm. I don't think they sell all that factory support! He didn't sell the bike very well sold the factory support pretty well though.

16. sirhk100

sirhk100 Well-Known Member

I know one thing for sure... I wouldn't trade my orange 300 for any other bike out there at this point!!!

17. announcer dude

announcer dude Leg Rider

ivans take on the 250

[video=youtube;UlY9x-X9ezY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlY9x-X9ezY&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

18. durtlurker

durtlurker New Member

I was wondering the same thing??? If he started the race, he can't be in the helicopter and get on the bike again. If he rode to where Weigand crashed, then he went backwards on the course. Either way, should be a DQ, Right?

19. richzajic

richzajic Member

Read on another site that Colton rode back to Tim and made sure to stay way off course.

My bad on the Helo maybe.

BAJA Gossip, Gotta Love It.

20. Justin Hambleton

Justin Hambleton New Member

It's a crappy thing to predict, that's for sure. I would have much rather seen a 248 mile battle for the lead between four teams. A 50+ MPH average over that crap of a course is a major crapshoot. Even Caselli went down early on.