1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by nimrod, Feb 18, 2012.

1. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Sheeze I can't even tell you how much I love that thing. Wether it's cruising to the LOORS regional race, bashing through Matomi, spinning donuts on the beach in San Felipe or running 90 mph down the graded dirt road to Coco's it flat out ROCKS!

No, it's not a real Prerunner and 5-6 mph through the HEAVY whoops in SF is kinda slow but man she rocks everywhere else!

Got the Deavers on the back with the bump stop kit, frame kit, and abs line protecters from SDHQ. Got my gps and radio from PCI and I'm waiting for a gps mount from Outlaw Offroad to come in.

I totally drooling over a set of Camburg upper a arms and some Fox 3.0's on her but the Short bus is already rocking! it's just money!

Sorry I just had to say something cause I have a huge crush on her! Sheeze she's so plush on the street and so full of techno goodies I feel like I'm cruising in a Mercedes and the 405 hp is a ton of fun on the freeway onramps!

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

I heart my Raptor! Get one if you can, you won't be disappointed!

3. charlie_brown

charlie_brown Well-Known Member

with those changes is it even a raptor anymore? i have read that if you take the price of a raptor and bought a lower model stocker and with money save go buy after market stuff that you would be ahead. now if you take a stock raptor and add even more?

4. BRINGTHERUCKUS

BRINGTHERUCKUS Nimrod de PMC

Wheres the warranty? the upper end interior, the body, grill, lights, the reinforced frame and so on?

5. randy s

randy s Well-Known Member

i'm real glad you're enjoying your truck mike. they really are nice..ford did good..what color is it? do you have any pictures of it? i'll look for you in san felipe..

6. charlie_brown

charlie_brown Well-Known Member

i don't know, would there still be one after you take it in the dirt? i don't know much about the raptor so just asking and posted what i have heard.

i always thought that when you buy a new truck and mod the suspension that it would not void the warranty in other areas of the truck?

7. Baja Jim

Baja Jim Active Member

What model year did you get?

UOTE=nimrod;1385000]I heart my Raptor! Get one if you can, you won't be disappointed![/QUOTE]

8. Waylon805

Waylon805 Member

6.2l or 5.4l?

9. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Active Member

10. Elk Hunter

Elk Hunter Active Member

I installed the gps on a mount that bolts to the passenger seat bracket. its fully adjustable and the passenger can put it right in front of him. so they don't need to lean forward to input notes. I highly recomend this setup, its the best addition made to our raptor . less effort to use the gps = more notes.

11. chad33

chad33 Member

Well i have been reading and checking out updates on RDC for awhile now and never replied to anything, but this Raptor post??? My dad hates me, he bought a new top of the line Raptor 6.2l loaded to the gills and after tax title license he was over over $50k. I bought an 03 7.3 f-350 crew 4x4, last year of the 7.3 on 35s with 100k lariat ($15k) 26ft long, 8ft. wide flat bed($2k) 24hrs.pwr. EZ-GO with the tera toys 4link and arm kit($3k) and a Built Ranger w/ 347 stroker ($20k) and gave Kyle Green another $10k to make it Legit. And he is SOOOoooo! jealous/envious of my set up!!!! He says his Raptor is like an Enduro. It sucks in the dirt and it sucks on the street/pulling.?? But they look cool RIGHT????

12. Mark Newhan

Mark Newhan Well-Known Member

That's cool mike. I used Steve Olliges' paper plated Raptor to Pre run Rage at the River. It isn't at home in the big stuff,
    But it is the coolest factory delivered truck ever.

I will have one, one day!

13. conejoracer

conejoracer Member

I have a Raptor, andI like it. It's not a race truck, but it's a really great all around ride. Sure, you can mod a new "regular" F150 or buy a bunch of hoopties with the money, it's up to you. I bought what I wanted and I like it.

14. McCredie A

McCredie A Member

what bump stop kit did you buy? And how does it work?

15. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

:rolleyes:I got the super cheap stock bump stop replacement kit. It was like 120 bucks from SDHQ. It's not the bling bling Fox bump stop kit. The frame kit is the 60$ kit from SDQH as well. I haven't made any huge changes and don't plan too. If your happier in a ranger with a small block have at it. For me the Raptor is amazing, I had a full tilt Alumi-Craft 4 seater that was the real deal. I sold it to get my Raptor and for what I do the Raptor is perfect.

My Raptor is silver and it ran through Matomi no problem. I guess you missed the part about running 90 mph down the dirt to Cocos. It has nothing to do with looking cool, but thanks for putting me down in an effort to build yourself up. I got no problem running ya through matomi at the 250. Will you be there or will your ranger still be in the shop?

PS. Your dad should have bought his Raptor from Team Ford in Vegas. I paid 44k for fully loaded. WELL under sticker. The best part about the Raptor is taking it to Jays Automotive for service and not spending an arm and a leg in prepping some super cool bling bling Prerunner. I guess I could take it to Kyle and give him 10 grand though just to make it look even cooler.

16. bajaford

bajaford Member

Good for you .....Everyone else of us has a different idea of what we need in a pre runner/ play truck. See you in San Felipe ..... Im guessin roostin it in the Raptor.

17. BRINGTHERUCKUS

BRINGTHERUCKUS Nimrod de PMC

Thats what i dont get... Parker Motor Company and Team Ford have the absolute best prices on Raptors. both support racing and the like and both are great to work with. I know that PMC has a new blue raptor on the lot theyd like to sale at the moment...

18. timmymo

timmymo Troll

BAKERSFIELD ca between pumkin center and oildale
    oh no you dinndent ... Dont pi s s off the short bus conductor. whats wrong for you .. GET EM NIMMY . SF here I come

19. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Yeah PMC!!!!

20. sirhk100

sirhk100 Well-Known Member

I really want to ride shotgun in one at least once to get an idea of what a factory built prerunner is like. Curiosity is killing me! It's so far outta my budget but I'd like to know... I still think it's an excellent addition to any race team! Can tow the race car, prerun in it, let the team chase with it and then tow home with it. Have it detailed the next day and have the piece of mind that you have a warranty! Seems pretty legit to me! Not to mention, there's that deal called financing where most people could walk out with one tomorrow and be playing with it tomorrow afternoon if they wanted. Find me a bank that's gonna loan on any prerunner in the classifieds section though! Keep saving or go have fun tomorrow, you're choice since not all of us are rich enough to roll out and drop $50K cash on a garage full of toys.