1. Forum membership has its advantages....

MINT 400 updates PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Anger Issues, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Anger Issues

Anger Issues Active Member

Hi again,

I know the BAP was huge (and fun to watch!). I realize you folks at SNORE have real jobs and therefore do a great job at keeping costs low! I appreciate all of that, I really do!

However, I have people from class3racing.com and the Class 3 Cup (nice plug) that have come to me frustrated and wondering if we did the right thing by choosing the Mint 400 race? People who have entered can't get confirmation. We don't know when the pre-run is. We don't have an entry list so getting other entries in our small class is nearly impossible, and by the time we DO find out who is entered, the race will be capped and we will be too late. (whine, whine, more wine).

You folks are doing great, and I'm thrilled to be racing back at SNORE, but I hope ya don't get too big for the ol' britches so you can't keep up with very necessary stuff. www.themint400.com hasn't been updated in so long, there is mold growing on it! There was reportedly spam problems with the site, so I've been very patient.

help? Looking forward to a great race! I think :confused: Maybe I'm the only one ;)

2. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

I assume since our check cleared that we are entered in the race?

3. GlamisGurlie

GlamisGurlie goddess like

Hi all! Yes, the BAP took all of our focus... Please remember we are volunteers - we have jobs that pay our bills which, unfortunately, sometimes get in the way of planning a race :D I hate when that happens...

If you sent in your payment and we have record of it, YOU ARE IN!!! We WILL have PayPal up this week, where you can pay by electronic check, credit card or PayPal account...

The person who was receiving the entries for some reason would not give me or anyone else a received/paid entry list :confused: ... The individual is no longer responsible for that and the ever so efficient Jessica Freeman is now in charge of all entries, as she does registration now as well :) ... I truly apologize for this inconenience :eek: :( - I, too, have been asking for the pre-paid list for months... Water under the bridge now... Jess is, as we speak, putting together all of the paid entries received and BAP entries to get to me in the next couple of days, which I will go thru and check against each other to make sure there are no duplicates... I will then go through the numerous on line entries we've received this week and check those against my list to again make sure there are no double entries... Only the DOR at the BAP receives the secure entry slot, not the car... I then have to make a bazillion phone calls to the BAP entries to see if it is yay or nay that they are racing the MINT... After that, I will post the Official Entry List on the MINT 400 site - THIS WEEKEND :D :D We are going to put an entry counter on the front of the site to let everyone know where we are at entry-wise...

I can't give any information on the pre-run because the BLM has asked us to do it on a weekend instead of the Wednesday the day before tech due to staffing problems, so this is a scheduling snafu... Please hang on to your hats, we'll get that out ASAP I promise!

I truly share your frustration level at this point - I have lived it myself and am glad we've turned a corner... My entire focus of being is now the MINT 400 and a slew of information will be forthcoming on it, I give you my word...

Ken, have the teams from Class3Racing.com and/or the Class 3 Cup (another plug haha) entered in any form, do you know? And thank you for coming back to race with us - we won't let you down....

4. Marley Racing

Marley Racing Member

I second the request for info as soon as possible, especially for those from out of town. I already made my flight reservations/hotel reservations Tuesday night so
    we could pre-run that Wednesday before contingency.

5. GlamisGurlie

I can guarantee you we cannot have the pre-run on Wednesday... I'm trying to get an emergency meeting scheduled in the next day or so to get this part figured out, but it's up to BLM staffing and when we can get out to mark the course :(

6. danzar

danzar Active Member

I can understand the difficulty with the pre run. Is there a schedule of events for the rest of the weekend? I did not see one on the site.

7. GlamisGurlie

All of the info will be up before the weekend (hopefully the pre-run too), with the exception of the entry list which i should have done on the weekend...that's going to take a little time to put together :eek: I know it's hard, but please be patient - I am one of those instant gratification, I want it now people too :D

8. wstephens

wstephens Active Member

JAMIE .... .... .... .... ... ... You're doing JUST FINE~!

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  9. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

10. Marley Racing

Marley Racing Member

Thanks Jamie and the rest of the SNORE volunteers.

So it looks like El Cortez for Wednesday & Thursday nights then move on out to Primm and stay there for the remainder of the weekend.

Being that the pre-fun run will be at least a week before the event will SNORE make available a GPS download?

Am I presuming too much to think the drivers meeting Friday night which is "To be Announced" will more than likely be at Buffalo Bills?

My whole crew is really looking forward to this event.

11. Race8100

Race8100 Active Member

Am I reading the info right? No 1450 class running the Mint? So, those trucks would need to try and fit in to their respective classes? 3, 7, 8 etc?

12. GlamisGurlie

Yes, sir, we will have a GPS download available for everyone :D The driver's meeting is Fri nite on Fremont Street at 7:30 on the stage in front of the El Cortez... the info on there isn't updated in some areas because the person doing it put up what they knew... I sent an email off about that tho so stay tuned...

Annnnnnnd just when I thought TV was out the window, I got a call this morning saying wait! Hope is not lost - give us til Tuesday...

13. GlamisGurlie

1450s will absolutely race - they do all laps... I think it may have been a accidental oversight, but they are racing in their own class as usual :D

14. Race8100

Race8100 Active Member

Cool. I figured it was something easy like that. Thanks.

15. ESB4130

ESB4130 Member

maybe i missing something jamie... it seems like i read everyone elses posts and they seem to know where the race starts and finishes? where the course goes? ive read the through SNORE and MINT sites about a hundred times and cant find any info on whats happening which day. it could possibly be my own oversite or im just not in the know enough, but any info on where the course goes and where the start/finish is would be cool because i want to book my rooms asap =)

16. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

S/F will be in Jean. Book your rooms for the race @ Primm.

17. sidekicker

sidekicker RIP Lusk & Ox

how manny people going entries for mint 400 ? any map update ?

18. GlamisGurlie

Hi there...

I'm going through the list of racers from the Battle at Primm to see who is going to utilize their reserved entry slot for the MINT 400 so I can get the much-awaited list up... All I need is a yes or no - it goes by driver of record, not by vehicle.. If you are unsure, it would be my suggestion to say yes and then back out later... We are close to the cap as of this writing and I fear if you back out now and then can make, you won't get in... Please let me know ASAP either by return email or phone.... thanks!

702-515-1586
    [email protected]

19. Pro2-54

Pro2-54 Bobby Earl

Any pre run info?

20. GlamisGurlie

Not yet - that will be decided tonite