1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Mongo Racing is preparing to race the Baja 1000 with the new Ford F-150 Eco Boost

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Draper, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Draper

Draper New Member

Mongo Racing Prepares for the Baja 1000 with an all new Ford F-150

Randy Merritt and Mongo Racing are preparing to conquer the Mexican peninsula known as Baja Mexico. Their all-new 2011 Ford F-150 is similar to the Ford F-150 you can get at our local Ford Dealer with only a few modifications for racing………and yet there is still more to this impressive story.

Randy Merritt and Mongo Racing will be debuting the all new Ford EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 direct injection twin turbo engine at this year’s 2011 SCORE International Baja 1000 scheduled for November 17-20, 2011.
    Randy Merritt and Mongo Racing stepped up their racing program in 2004. The mutually beneficial two-way technical engineering feedback program provides Mongo Racing, and Ford, streamlined communications. Mongo gets engineering information; Ford gets feedback from real-world extreme usage. Race wins, and Championship performances are bonuses!

Mongo Racing’s successes include winning numerous races, leading to their 2006 Best In The Desert Class 8100, Full-Stock, Championship.

Randy Merritt and Mongo Racing was one of Ford’s first choices to introduce the new EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 direct injection twin turbo engine to the desert environment. Randy said, “This new truck was built for this new EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 engine. The truck itself is as close to stock as possible for desert racing. Tracy Rubio at TNC Machine put in the safety cage and mounted the new massive Sway-A-Way shocks at all four corners. The truck was transferred to Mongo Racing's shop and we have been working feverishly for the past 6 weeks getting this truck into race trim.” “This truck has technology that is all new. Completing the truck in time is challenging in itself. This new truck’s suspension is close enough to our current race truck that we did save time there, but everything else is new,” added Randy.

“The new Ford F-150 EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 is stock right off the assembly line” said Randy. The stock EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 engine is mated to a stock 6R80E Ford transmission into a stock Ford rear axle with components from Yukon. UMP supplied Randy with custom air intake and aluminum tubes to help this Ford F-150 conquer the Baja 1000.

The Ford F-150 is painted Silver and shows off the new Ford EcoBoost logo on the truck for the SCORE Baja 1000. Randy said, “We don’t really know what to expect yet, but I’m really impressed with this trucks handling and performance. We have more testing scheduled before we leave for Mexico on November 15, 2011. On race-day, we'll be ready to GO!”

The Mongo Racing Ford F-150 will be out fitted with new 37x12.50x17 General Grabber Tires mounted on Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels and stopping this new truck will be up to the Brake pads and Rotors from EBC Brakes. There are ten 8 inch HID POD lights from KC Hilites mounted for night time driving and 2 Optima Batteries ensuring this new truck gets all the electrical power it needs to finish the Baja 1000. The interior is finished off with seats and safety equipment from Master Craft Safety Innovations and powder coating by ALLcoat.

Additional items helping insure the New Ford F-150 being raced by Randy Merritt crosses the finish line are lubricants by Royal Purple, Navigation by Lowrance. Helping save time during the build were products by Camburg Engineering Products and Tenneco.

The Ford F-150 will compete in an all new experimental class for reasons left to SCORE to answer; with exception of the new engine, the truck was built in accordance with the SCORE rule book for the Stock-Full class.

For more information on Mongo Racing or the New Ford F-150 visit www.mongoracing.com or your local Ford Dealer.

Attached Files:

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. BRINGTHERUCKUS

BRINGTHERUCKUS Nimrod de PMC

Good Luck!

So hows prerunning going? and how much more is the wheel and tire combo weigh over the last set up?

3. Connect

Connect Member

You mean Score didn't bend the rules of the class to allow forced induction? Sorry if I haven't been following in the other thread about the subject, just curious. I think an "experimental" class is only fair this late in the game.

4. az_amsoil

az_amsoil Active Member

Good Luck!

5. johnnyweb

johnnyweb Well-Known Member

Goodluck Randy!! Maybe I will see you down there and get to checkout the truck in person.

6. Danny1952

Danny1952 New Member

that is sick

7. Forty1Racing

Forty1Racing Well-Known Member

F lying
    O ver
    R ough
    D esert

Those tires look BA on there.

8. Race Whore

Race Whore Member

Stock Full ?? I thought that turbo's were only on Diesel's i.e. Hummer, the Scaroni's Excursion ?

9. Nick_A

Nick_A Member

Stock full minus the engine requirements.

10. BANNED4LIFE

BANNED4LIFE Well-Known Member

now the ford turbo can WIN for sure!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!..........................lame.............

11. BRINGTHERUCKUS

BRINGTHERUCKUS Nimrod de PMC

The point is to test the motor... and he beats stock fool times then all is good. we all knew this is how it was going to go down pete...

12. mongo

mongo Active Member

your such a idiot!

13. OldStroppeTeam

OldStroppeTeam Well-Known Member

yup !

14. crazyeye

crazyeye Active Member

Your just jealous you don't get a turbo.

15. squirelmurphy

squirelmurphy Active Member

It's actually YOU'RE an idiot. Sorry, I had to.

16. BANNED4LIFE

racing against yourself is not lame????....ok , my bad....its awesome....carry on, kick some ass on yourself...

17. onebuilder

onebuilder Active Member

Lame??? SCORE rules

Make sure you wave to Pete as you pass him broke... AGAIN!!!

Good Luck Randy and Pete!

18. mongo

mongo Active Member

kind of like showing up with a peice of crap truck with no prep and begging for people to pay for your entry fee so they can ride 5 miles and break , then go on rdc and cry the blues so everyone feels sorry for you. Now thats lame!Now maybe just maybe we can prove gasoline turbos are in the future of desert racing and potential sponsors will come in and get involved in our sport. I think as well as others do and anything that is new and exciting is good in the big picture, but then again you would rather talk about how crappy and stupid everyone else is. So having said that me and my TEAM will concentrate on getting this truck ready to race to make or sponsors happy but you never know we might only go 5 miles as well but I guarantee it wont be from lack of prep !

(+4) 4 people like this.
  19. BANNED4LIFE

i posted over a month ago that you would NOT be racing at the baja 1000........was i right? yes.......just like vw touregs, if you have your own class , that is not a race.....its prerunning......your manufacturer/sponsor is just paying for a trophy.......i think its lame..........if your team is so awesome , come race in my class and show me how its done.......you seem to think its so EASY......show me!

20. BANNED4LIFE

with all that awesome prep and ONLY 2 or 3 trucks in your class every race you must win ALL the races.........or not in years......i cant remember, which one is it?