1. Forum membership has its advantages....

More 500 2012

Discussion in 'Class 9' started by BW979, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BW979

BW979 Member

I will be out there filming the race and snapping off a few pictures. I can not afford to run and have no rear tires rite now. best of luck to all racers.

2. htown916

htown916 Member

Starting order

Class 9
    1. #984 Ventura
    2. #904 Peterson
    3. #992 Gowland
    4. #924 brown
    5. #916 Ward
    6. #929 Wood
    7. #996 Taranto
    8. #926 Wood
    9. #Vizzo

3. BW979

BW979 Member

Randy i saw you out testing in Barstow last sunday. How did it go?

4. Harley_Young

Harley_Young Member

One week away! Let's hear some odds!\m/

5. BUDMAN975

BUDMAN975 Member

I will have a couple of my pit boxes out there if anyone needs something. I will be finishing up in 1600 so if anyone needs to make an unscheduled driver change let me know. Good luck out there swingers.

6. mdepue

mdepue Member

what laps are you driving? im doing first 3 you guys start right behind me.

7. htown916

htown916 Member

Testing the car went well, we wound up taking a lot of the harshness out of the front end. I am just happy to make the car a little better each race! You should have stopped by and said HI!!

I had a little mishap on a road crossing and I am very thankful we were all able to walk away, although my brother in law who was riding with me has a compressed fracture of a vertebrae in his back. He was able to walk away!! He will be at the race to lend his support which won't be physical. It's the most out of shape I ever have been without wrecking, I am especially happy with how forgiving my car is. I had to replace about half the front end this weekend but the car is done now and loaded on the trailer.

Since we are talking about this, I asked Jim Clementes if it would be ok for me to drive my portion of the race without a co-driver. He said we would bring it up at the driver's meeting to make sure no one has a problem with it. He didn't think it would be an issue. My car is over the 1550lb requirement for a single seater. I would remove the seat and run as a single seater for the whole race but the guys I am teaming up with want to run as a two seater, which I completely understand. If the other co-drivers are still ok and want to ride with me too they will stay in, but if they are beat up and want out when I get in I would just like the option to go it alone, unless there is a reason I'm not thinking of that would give me an advantage driving alone. I completely get it if the car was under 1550lb but it's not.

Does anyone have an issue with this?

8. BW979

BW979 Member

i drove by in a chenowth 4 seater and I was wondering why you guys had the trailer out there. I would have stopped if the car was not on the trailer. best of luck come race day.

9. NINERACER

NINERACER New Member

I dont have any problem if you start as a S.S. Jorge Ventura#984

10. BUDMAN975

BUDMAN975 Member

I will be on cleanup duty for this one, the car owner Mark Brister will start then my pops will hop in for the middle portion. Good luck out there.

11. Bolles

Bolles Well-Known Member

What mile road crossing did you have that hard hit?

12. htown916

htown916 Member

Not sure what road crossing it is, but it was where we were testing in barstow, not lucerne.

13. Bolles

Bolles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply.. sounds like you had a bad hit glad most of it worked out ok..

14. Bolles

Bolles Well-Known Member

Im not Toby but I did try to lick myself before trying this post.. yech.. no one get butt hurt I took a chance here lol

Class 9
    1. #984 Ventura 4:1 DNF round one and good fast finish last race.. I heard a top 9 runner guest driver on board!
    2. #904 Peterson 5:1 Top 3 pace round one with one long lap and no March race.. Car could be fresh and ready for the long one..
    3. #992 Gowland 3:1 two old guys trying to drive alot of miles in one sitting. Car is leading the points 2nd year in a row. Needs a win.
    4. #924 brown 2:1 always running and a top finisher..this car loves Lucerne..
    5. #916 Ward 6:1 just had a rough ride and shuffling co dawgs and seats.. could be a long night in a heavy two seater???
    6. #929 Wood 6:1 is this the new car? good to have you guys out here..
    7. #996 Taranto 3:1 fast fast and won round 2..last Lucerne had a warp speed wobble.. should be leading it most of the day..
    8. #926 Wood 6:1 see #929 is this #2?
    9. #Vizzo 9:1 Long shot no round one and a DNF lap 1 round two

Harley are you bringing out the new Hot Rod? if so 5:1 just because we need to see the new iron.

Cmon where are the entries.. this is a fun one.. or is everyone saving the cars for the July 2012 Big Race

15. Harley_Young

Harley_Young Member

No, im not.. Gonna race July and then helping out the 923 team for the september race, rage at the river to end the year and then all SNORE next year..\m/\m/

16. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

926 and 929 are in different cars. 926 is Dan Wood the 929 is Don Wood. Don raced December with the new car,finshed and was steady all day. 926, this is it's first race with new owner. mods have been made and seems to be a pretty godd handling car. Both Should be solid.

17. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

Edit....Don Wood is 926. Dan Wood is 929

18. loddollar

loddollar Member

926 will be there early tomorrow. We will try to save you a spot matt. And o r a f and anyone else you want to. Just let us know how many spaces you need.

19. mrmatt

mrmatt Well-Known Member

Thanks Pat! Don't forget your kidney belt this weekend!

4:1 odds on 984.....Not bad....

20. KyleMurray

KyleMurray Member

Goodluck to all of you!