Move'n on up - Luke McMillin

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by bajaxp, Feb 17, 2012.

1. bajaxp

bajaxp Baja Bobsled Team

Just like the Jefferson's...Luke McMillin is 'move'n on up,' but his case it is to Class 1 not to the East Side. Congrats and don't forget to give your brother and cousin some bumper love!
  2. pcecracing

pcecracing Member

Congrats Luke. Are you running with Dan or are you running his car?
  3. randy s

randy s Well-Known Member

wouldn't be a bit surprised if luke won his first time out..not a bit surprised at all.
  4. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

Dan graduated to the TT. Luke in the Class 1 car and Justin "Bean" Smith will be racing with Luke on the longer races. At least that's what I heard. :)
  5. pcecracing

pcecracing Member

Thanks Pat. Thats what a thought would happen. Bean and Luke will be fun to watch with Justin Davis.
  6. Baja D "Diego"

Baja D "Diego" Member

I smell another Championship for Luke again but in Class 1.
  7. DanMcMillin

DanMcMillin Crane Motorsports

Creeper...
  8. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

If you hear a knock at your door, don't answer....
  9. AZ1000

AZ1000 2009 DRIVE CHAMP

It could be the Backdoor Burgler.
    I knew this was coming. Congrats Luke!
  10. TERRARACE

TERRARACE Member

Luke Buddy, congrats on the big step up. I know you'll terrorize the 1 guys real good. P.S. remember what your mother told you. " BE CAREFUL, YOU COULD PUT SOMEBODYS EYE OUT WITH THAT THING.
    Go gittem' kiddo!
  11. DanMcMillin

DanMcMillin Crane Motorsports

No way, could be a girl scout with more cookies. LOL

But yes, Luke and Justin will be in the class 1 this year. We're both looking forward to moving up in classes. Should be an interesting year! Wish we could of raced Laughlin so we could both go for Championships, but the schedule didn't allow it. Viva Baja!
  12. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

How did all the testing go today?
  13. TreyP

TreyP "F" you Bill

Good luck McBean Team.
  14. deano

deano McDeano

Stalker of McLove ..... (Luking forward chasing Bean and Luke down in Baja 3 times and possible US dates also -- mcyyeeiiiii)
  15. LukeMcMillin

LukeMcMillin Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to racing the 1 car at SF. Both me and Justin are new at the 1 car and it will take a few races to settle into the class 1 groove, but we are getting used to the car pretty fast. Luckily we have people like Chuck Hovey that are willing to ride with us and show us the ropes, Chuck rode with me a few months ago and i'm thankful we can have one of the best class 1 drivers help us rookies out haha! You will see Chuck in TT#23 still, along with Dan. For McBean, SF will be all about seat time and getting used to the car more. We will run wherever we are comfortable running the first couple times and see how we stand. Right now the plan is to run SF, 500, VTR, 1000.

Pcecracing- Thanks, we will be racing our 2003 Jimco. The car has come a looooong way in the last year and we are still working to make it a much more competitive class 1 car. It's always been great car.

Ramsey- All the testing went good today, all ready for SF, BAP, and NORRA, we even had the 1980's Macadu car out testing today, shaking it down for May. Minus TT#23, it's still getting prepped. Hope you can make it to BAP.

Pat- Yes, I chose to have Justin run ALL the races with me. He's been a great help to me in 1600, he's taught me a lot about every aspect of the sport, car set up, driving etc. and we've had a lot of success racing together. Could I solo SF and the 500? Yes, but I chose not to. For the most part we are both pretty much new at the unlimited racing, so at this point truely all it comes down to is that i'm glad I can help share the oppurtunity with a good friend. He truely lives for off road racing and we share the same mentality to do good and take our racing seriously and that's what makes us a good team. I think we will make a great team in the 1 car.
    .....Well maybe I shoulda saved all that nice stuff about Justin till after BAP cuz he's going down in Primm! Hahaa JK! :D

And of course the key to our previous success...... McDeano, duh. Hahaa
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. Layton

Layton Member

Congrats Luke and Bean!
  17. 1fastbean

1fastbean Rookie

Chula Vista, CA/Estero Beach, Ensenada B.C.
    Right on Luke, congrats on the move up! It's gonna be great watching you rub elbows with the big boys in the 1 class. Good luck!!!
  18. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

Get'em Luke!! I've been waiting to see this for a while bud!
  19. PALAPABOY

PALAPABOY Bajalite Win Streak Killer

Luke can't wait to see how much faster you are then that yellow TT. You were faster then him last year overall in your 1600. This year you will be twice as fast, I hope!!! :)
  20. mwilsonphoto.com

mwilsonphoto.com Active Member

Get after 'em Luke!