1. Forum membership has its advantages....

My Fox Shox Experience...so far

Discussion in 'Whatever - General Discussion' started by az_amsoil, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. az_amsoil

az_amsoil Active Member

I ordered a set of custom valved FOX 3.0 res. smoothie the beginning of December (knowing FOX has a history of taking their sweet time getting shocks to their customers). I ordered them through a local race shop that uses a ton of FOX shocks, so it isn't unusual for them to order special valved shocks. I was told that they would ship beginning of January (didn't expect it). To my surprise I got a call on January 19th saying a shock came in..."a" shock?!? Yup, we got one shock and called FOX. They were told the other shock is still in production and would ship at the end of January. Why would FOX not make they in tantem, I have no idea

Fast forward to Monday (2/27/12). Called shop to ask about some worn springs I have on another set of shocks...I inquired about the other shock from FOX. They called FOX and were told that it shipped. When asked for a tracking number, uh, ah, yea, tracking number...uh, they will ship this Thursday/Friday! I'm hoping that when I finally get my shocks, they will be the same valving!!

The ONLY reason I went with FOX is I have a set of 3.0's I bought as take-offs and talking with Don Thuren (purchased the suspension componets), he recommended staying with FOX to match the rear and recommended the valving for my truck. I knew they would drag their feet, but I didn't know how inept they would be in supplying two custom valved shocks. I'm chomping at the bit to finish up the front suspension of my truck and these are the last two componets I need to strat the install.

If I ever get the "set" I'll update the thread...pretty disappointed in FOX and wondering what others experience is when dealing with FOX?

2. GunnSlinger

GunnSlinger Captain Buzzkill

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I know I don't stand alone when I say this but I have had nothing but the best service and best product from Fox Racing Shox. I have used "other" shock companies for verious applications in the past and Fox has been the ONLY company that has been able to deliver on time and exceed expectations. All of the guys working at Fox are all very personable and willing to go the extra mile.

I will note that I have not ordered anything from them through a race shop and have always ordered direct.

I have brought this thread to the attention of the people behind Fox Racing Shox, hopefully they will be able to contact you ASAP to resolve the issue.

3. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

What a bizarre post. "I knew I would get screwed... I knew they would drag their feet..."

I have never had less than excellent customer service and products from FOX Shox and in a timely manner; perhaps it has something to do with the middle man you used. Perhaps poor communication with FOX by your middle man.

FOX would not build just one shock, and ship just one shock, if two were ordered - something went wrong and I doubt it was at FOX.

4. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Just curious but did you try calling Fox yourself? Sometimes the story from a middle person is different than from the source.

5. az_amsoil

az_amsoil Active Member

I have not called them directly, I don't want to be a middle (middle) man. The invoice that accompanied the single shock had a Qty of 2, so yes, they did build just one shock and ship just one shock. Weird...

I will say that having supported race teams that use/sponsored by FOX, they are great to deal with at the track and out testing. I also expect that I'll have nothing but great performance out of the shocks.

Adam - thanks for the help! I'm hoping to get these in before I'm in the garage and its 100+ degrees outside!

6. Ride FOX

Ride FOX Member ADVERTISER

Bob, we are sorry to hear about your frustrations with FOX. After doing some research we came up with the following.

• Only one shock was originally ordered by Lone Star Racing 12/08/2011. See PO below.
    • Lone Star Racing called on 01/09/2012 to order a second shock realizing that they intended to order 2 originally.

We don’t typically stock 3.0 Smooth Body shocks since we only sold 10 of these in 2011. This is considered a custom shock order and custom orders usually take about 4 weeks to complete. Your shock is completed and is in the process of being shipped.

In the future feel free to contact FOX directly; our contact information is listed below.

FOX — Redefining Ride Dynamics
    Truck | SUV | Offroad Race | Defense

619-768-1800 ridefox.com

Sales: [email protected]
    Service: [email protected]
    Race Support: [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    (+1) 1 person likes this.
  7. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

Since you are uselessly dragging Fox's name through the mud.. you mind telling us who your "middle" man is?

8. az_amsoil

az_amsoil Active Member

How do you figure my experience is "useless"? Other than having my "middle" man place an order through Fox, what else would you expect out of the "middle" man? Would a larger supplier have made a difference, I'll never know.

9. down4glamis

down4glamis Well-Known Member

Uselessly Dragging? only receiving one shock on an order is pretty rare and when things are usually ordered in pairs, definitley throws a wrench in the program. The guys i know over there are great guys, and know their stuff and Fox has been doing a great job owning the competition, but that doesn't mean that they aren't experiencing growing pains after such a slowed economy.

10. Ramsey_ElWardani

Ramsey_ElWardani Ironman

Well that pretty much explains everything - only one shock ordered and one delivered.

I don't see any blame with FOX in this deal.

11. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

x2. Maybe we should change the name of the this thread to your "middle man" instead of Fox...

12. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

Straight from the source....this is why I asked if you called Fox direct to check on it...

13. az_amsoil

az_amsoil Active Member

Thank you Fox for clearing that up and thank you Race Dezert for helping. I owe Fox an apology and appreciate their response...issue resolved.

Lesson learned: call the source before you cry!

Anyway you can lock the thread or delete as it puts Fox in a bad light that isn't warranted???

(+2) 2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.