Need a jig table

Discussion in 'Shop - Fabrication' started by TimG_AZ, Oct 20, 2006.

1. TimG_AZ

TimG_AZ Member

Anyone know where I can buy a chassis jig table? looking for about a 4'x16' plate that is birkum (sp) ground with holes for adjustable jigging. Dont want to build one I'm looking for a professionally built table

thanks Tim
  2. WoodyW

WoodyW Member

I know Irvin-Smith sells the Uni-jig tables...but they are expensive as heck, and don't have a plate top. I know you don't want to build one but I would highly consider buying a 1"+ thick piece of K-100 cast alum. plate...it has a nice flat ground finish, and then having someone waterjet the holes you'd like in it. It's not that expensive. Build a frame and add some levelers and you're set. You'll get away for WAY less than new costs unless you can find a nice used one. Blanchard grinding itself is more expensive than the waterjet costs. And are you saying you're not professional?
  3. partybarge_pilot

partybarge_pilot Well-Known Member

I thought cast tooling plate was MIC-6?
  4. WoodyW

WoodyW Member

oops my bad, designation seems to change between retailers...K-100 where I'm at,
    IMS, Jorgy, Caltime call it something else, everybodys got their "brand" name
  5. TimG_AZ

TimG_AZ Member

thanks for the info WoodyW. of course not saying we are not professional. but if I could find a table all setup with tooling etc and knowing that it is perfectly level that would be the way to go. dont have much time right now. but also spending too much time looking for a table. I think we are just going to build a couple. thanks again for the help.
  6. ACID_RAIN28

ACID_RAIN28 Well-Known Member

Even though you don't sound like you want to build one it would be cheaper and you would get what you want. We built our own for the new truck, it was a 4 by 16 chunk of 1/1/4 that we made the table from, drilled our own holes with a mag drill, takes about a day to do all the holes. On the bottom of the table there are adjustable feet for different shop positions to get it level and when it was all welded we had it blanchard ground.
    For two tables to be ground it was about 1500. And the "chunck" was about 2g's. But you could find a scrap piece somewhere for a lot cheaper.
  7. TimG_AZ

TimG_AZ Member

Thanks David. Very usefull information. Where did you get it blanchard gound? now that you have the new truck done do they want to sell one of their tables?
  8. FABRICATOR

FABRICATOR Well-Known Member

There is also the option of an I-beam jig table. It costs alot less and you end up with something more versatile and useful when the car starts taking shape.