Nerfing @ More races

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by TJERGENSEN, Aug 22, 2010.

1. TJERGENSEN

TJERGENSEN Active Member

no more nerfing @ more races or you get dq'd. nerfing is part of offroad racing. why cant these people get that though there heads. if you get caught or catch somone you put at bumper on them. sometimes it 's harder then intended. but thats offroad racing. come on guys lets be men about this
  2. DEZERTSUB

DEZERTSUB Straw Man

You don't like it, don't race MORE.

And you're not responsiby reporting what Jim said.

If you wanna be a man, act like one.

Thumbs down to you.
  3. scott-dsms

scott-dsms Orange

Without having read the MORE board I would venture a guess that it's because of recent events (California 200) and the fact that everyone and their brother is waiting to capitalize on a misstep in the off-roading community and is most likely a move in self-preservation of the sport / MORE series.

The next accident could mean the end of the sport as we know it potentially.
  4. BANNED4LIFE

BANNED4LIFE Well-Known Member

that is going to make a HUGE post race mess EVERYRACE........you will see........
  5. DEZERTSUB

DEZERTSUB Straw Man

This is what Jim said over on the MORE site:

After about 20 emails this morning about nerfing and so on. From this day forward, If you are nerted you need to report it. If you nerf someone you need to report it, failing to do so will be Disqualification. If some one is holding you up, stop and let us know we will stop them and give a warning.
    The below rule apply to direct hit to the rear, all complaints will be reviewed we know there will be accidents
    your biggest problem will be not reporting it by both parties

A light nerf is lose one Position.

A hard nerf with some damage to rear will be Disqualification

And do you know why this came about, TJ? Because a few DGAFers came onto the MORE racetalk section and started spoutin off about how they were just gonna punt people.
  6. alloyz

alloyz Member

Pete is right... this will be one huge clusterduck post race. Wow, how lame.
  7. BANNED4LIFE

BANNED4LIFE Well-Known Member

he did this....no i didnt.....that wasnt me.....you hit the brakes when i was close........that was a different car that looks like mine........he hit me first.......no i didnt.......you hit me last race.......i hate you......%&*k you......no &%#k you........shoving......blows thrown.....beers spilled........i promise this will happen......
  8. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

NOOOOOOOOO... Pete is right though, this is gonna be messy...
  9. TScott

TScott Active Member

Nerfing is part of racing, but their has been a lot of BS talk as of late so I bet Jim said that to kill all the BS for now. He's a racer he knows what’s up. Put your self in his shoes he's probably putting out all kind's of fires to keep the racing alive around here doesn't need this child like threats of “I’m going to nerf you” etc. etc..

Look at Jim's latest post on race talk

"Fuel and Fluids Management from BLM

A method of controlling and capturing fuel spilled during fueling must be place under all dump cans and under each vehicle during fueling operations. Commercially available absorbent products are available, but a piece of scrap carpet is acceptable as long as the carpet absorbs the fuel and doesen't simply allow the fuel to run off or drain through. If you have more than 50 gal or more of fuel, keep it stored in truck or trailer till ready to be used.

let all your racers friends know about this the Blm will be all over this race don't be surprise you wake up in the morning and one will be in bed with you. These guys are not bad they are trying to help us keep what we have."

Ok getting shut down because of fuel violations or dealing with nerfing complaints’ the guy is busy!
  10. DoitforBMoore

DoitforBMoore Well-Known Member

Nerfing is racing...

Sorry for racing.
  11. TScott

TScott Active Member

Don't ever do it again!!! LOL
  12. TJERGENSEN

TJERGENSEN Active Member

ok i wont race with more... it says that if you are caught nerfing you get dq'd. plain and simple but nerfing is part of offroad racing.
  13. Johnson954

Johnson954 Active Member

To me the fastest guys get by without nerfing. Nerfing only slows you down...
    1 person likes this.
  14. Cronus

Cronus Active Member

Anyone who has raced with MORE before knows that Jim has always frowned upon nerfing. That said, I'm curious how accidental bumps are going to be handled. When we had our 9 car we were knocked out of two races by guys driving trucks who made bad passes and hit us. I knew it was an accident in both cases, so I would not have wanted to see them disqualified.
  15. guycomer

guycomer Member

There's a big difference between a hard nerf and a tap to let someone know "It's time for you to let me by".
    In my opinion, if this rule is strictly adhered to, it will lead to riskier passes.
    I would much rather tap someone (or be tapped) than to be involved in a banzai pass through the unknown.
  16. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

One would think if the accidental bump was not reported, then, logically, nothing would happen.

But how do we define "accidental"? I've bumped and been bumped, and that definition may vary with one's "point of view" of an incident.

No easy answers for Jim. A hard job just got harder.
  17. Johnson954

Johnson954 Active Member

I think that is why Jim is asking for everyone to report contact. Jim is a racer himself, and knows there is going to be contact. He's just trying to protect all racers and the ability to continue to race. And for all the special interest groups that would love to never see us out in the desert again, I think we need to just accept the leadership he is trying to provide right now, and look to see how we can help, rather than complain. If you have time to complain, spend it praying for the people that are still hurting from the accident in Lucerne.
    2 people like this.
  18. Rory

Rory Crayola Killer

I'm also not a MORE racer but I'd be curious on how they handle accidental nerfs. I can tell you in the last 9 races, I've nerfed probably 4 cars, 3 very lightly, one kinda hard but was an accident. At the 2009 Parker 425, we passed 52 cars on the first lap and NEVER hit one car, it was faster going around but sometimes there is only one lane and the driver/co-rider is just not paying attention. Hammering the back of someones race car just because you can is dangerous, stupid and will probably find yourself spitting some teeth out after the race. race the way you want to be raced with....abusive nerfing is NOT part of off road racing....a light bump to let someone know your behind them is part of the sport, just don't be an idiot. My $.02.
    1 person likes this.
  19. guycomer

guycomer Member

Exactly!!
  20. M_Solms

M_Solms Well-Known Member

There is more to it than nerfing.
    If you read all the post on their site a MDR race went on their forum and said he was going to be racing the MORE race.
    He did it in what I read as a joking way to the other racers in his class.
    Then a MORE racer made a post back and it blew up like all internet forums do and nerfing was mentioned.
    Then the BLM who reads all these forums got a hold of Jim and asked him what was going on and I think he was forced to do something to reassure the BLM that all was good.
    Hopefully a revised version of his ruling will be worked out in time but for right now what took place on their forum is exactly what is not needed.
    The moral of the story is the people who are in control of the future of our sport read everything that is written, here ,there and everywhere.
    Fight on and enjoy the outcome.
    1 person likes this.