1. Forum membership has its advantages....

No barstow desert clean up this year =(

Discussion in 'Save the Desert' started by OFFROFOTO, May 16, 2011.

1. OFFROFOTO

OFFROFOTO New Member

Is there anything we can do to have this event this year? Is there anyway that others (including myself) can pick up the responsibilities? My husband and I would be more than happy to help however we can. I will have a 2 month baby strapped on but would be there in heartbeat doing whatever I can.

I have never put together an event like this but if I am given the contacts and some info I would love to see what we can come up with.

I would hate to see this event not happen!!

2. Zac Reish

Zac Reish Well-Known Member

I pick up trash with you any day sweet heart!! You just say the time and date and I'll be there.

3. _DFR_

_DFR_ Copycat

did you ever find your chair last year?

sucks to hear there wont be a cleanup this year, hopefully its just a one year break and it does come back in years to come

4. OFFROFOTO

OFFROFOTO New Member

HAHA I thought a random poster was calling me sweetheart.... then I pulled my head out of the clouds and realized it was my super sweet husband.

Thanks babe for responding to my post, I thought no one ever would =(

_DFR_ : Yeah we found it, I was sleeping on the cushion of it to stay comfy. Thanks for asking.

I really hope that this event comes back next year. The crew that puts this event together works so hard so I can understand needing to take a break. I was just hoping that other people that attend could kind of pick up some of the repsonsibilities and make it happen. I don't know.

5. Clean-Dezert.org

Clean-Dezert.org Member

I am pretty impressed that it was even noticed that we wont be holding the event this year... Usually most of the RDC crowd overlooks our event...

Anywho.. With how busy my job is right now, and life in general i dont have the time it takes to plan, organize, promote and set up the event. I know if i try to get something togehter i would only be putting in about a 10% effort, and that isnt fair to the sponsors, or participants. I would love to see the event put on as well, but at this point it would take a dedicated team to handle this, and that is something i dont have. Unfortunately the event has kinda outgrown what i can handle. If someone is truely interested in organizing and putting on the event i would love to share all my contacts and even sit down and discuss the entire event.