1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Nov 14th Annual Barstow clean-up

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by Clean-Dezert.org, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Clean-Dezert.org

Clean-Dezert.org Member

[​IMG]

Clean-Dezert is proud to announce its 3rd Annual Barstow Desert Clean-up.

Where: Barstow, CA - Outlet center drive and I-15
    When: Nov. 14th 2009 Sign ups at 9am
    What: Clean-up, Free Food, Free Raffle, and Tons of fun.

We are also working on free gloves, and free shirts. I will post up more when I have a better idea.

Huge Thanks to our sponsors
    BTF Fabrication
    DMZ Fabrication & Race Prep
    PCI Race Radios
    Offroad Expo
    OC Motorsports
    Richer Racing
    Threat Motorsports
    Weddle Industries
    Offroad Magazine

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please let me know. [email protected]

2. FCORR

FCORR Member

Very excited for this! This is a great event, you never knew how much fun picking up trash could be until you went to your first desert clean up with Clean-Dezert! This is definitely on my calendar, as of now I'm planning on bringing the race truck out and making a full weekend of it. Can't wait!

3. 04yfzkid

04yfzkid Member

I agree with you there Aj. You have not picked up trash like this before. It's actually fun, and definitely a chance to get to meet some new faces. I went last year and had a blast! I will be there again this year.

4. Clean-Dezert.org

Clean-Dezert.org Member

Alright, the FREE SHIRT sign up is working now. The first 250 Volunteers to sign up will receive a free shirt at the event. If funds allow i will extend this. Please go to www.clean-dezert.org and click the link on the first page.

5. 04yfzkid

04yfzkid Member

Bueller, bueller?

6. FCORR

FCORR Member

No kidding, huh?

Anyways, I got the GF and I signed up for our free shirts, we'll be in Barstow to wear them proud and get them dirty along with the rest of the DMZ crew...

7. Ozzie M

Ozzie M Member

Signed up

8. baja619

baja619 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time.

9. dwasser

dwasser Well-Known Member

Clean Dez. DRIVE will put up a free entry for our first race in 2010 as a raffle prize. Sportsman or pro. It doesn't matter. You guys do a great job and deserve as much support as possible.

10. Clean-Dezert.org

Clean-Dezert.org Member

That is awesome doug. Thank you for the kind words. Means alot to me as I look up to you for what you are doing down south.

11. tcm glx

tcm glx Member

Adam, sent you an email. We are in and good to go as sponsors!

12. arqangel67

arqangel67 Well-Known Member

just signed up, looking forward to it !

13. jrtorres

jrtorres Active Member

all signed up!

14. 04yfzkid

04yfzkid Member

Wow all the way back on page 8. Not really many people from RDC going?

15. #75race

#75race Member

There's a chance I might show up with my friend. I'd love to help out this year. I don't think I've done it before, but it sounds fun.:) In all honesty we shouldn't have to resort to conduct these kind of events, but because so many people are careless, sometimes we just have to break out the old trailer and black trash bags if we want to keep these areas open.

I didn't think this thread would already be on page 8. Something probably needs to be done, cause this entire board is just over-run with threads. May I suggest that the administrators, or whoever runs the RDC forum, make an "archives section"? There's this other forum which I am a member of, and they pretty much use the same type of message board. The only difference is the subject, color, and a few features. Anyway, they have a section on the board just for threads that haven't been posted on for at least 180 days. Not that RDC has to use that exact number, I was just using that as an example. Obviously this won't solve everything, but at least I think it will help.

Anyway, thread problems aside, I hope to see the rest of you guys at the clean-up. It's still a little early to tell for me if I'll make it or not, but I'm crossing my fingers. Barstow could sure use a cleaning, in many ways, haha.:p

16. 04yfzkid

04yfzkid Member

Really, this is it from RDC? I thought this was the more mature crowd of older people who actually cared, am I wrong?

17. FCORR

FCORR Member

Mikey, I'm pretty suprised as well by the participation (or lack thereof) of everyone here on RDC...this will be a great event just in time to kick off the desert season, how about we make this season a clean one? Myself, a bunch of coworkers and our families will be out there all weekend, enjoying the desert, working with Clean-Dezert and having an overall good time for a great cause!

18. Mahller

Mahller New Member

I signed up weeks ago and can't wait to go!

19. Perkio

Perkio New Member

Last year's cleanup was HUGE! Can't wait for this one. I'm also bringing my pops out for a truck ride and a couple of my friends.

20. 04yfzkid

04yfzkid Member

I am really surprised too. I thought there would be a ton more. After seeing the people come up to the Clean-Dezert booth at the expo, the majority seemed to be older guys who have watched this place get trashed and want to help.

Whats sad is how much fun this even is and people still don't want to come to it.

So let me see we have:

1. Doing the right thing in the desert and helping to keep it open
    2. Thousands worth of free prizes
    3. Lots other people just like you
    4. Short amount of time picking up trash
    5. Free Food
    6. Free shirts
    7. Always nice people willing to give rides in their toys / race vehicles
    8. Another fun weekend in the desert
    9. Most likely a live band
    10. Participating in the rush to find something cool out there like a car or a toilet.

There is 10 reasons right there!