Only ONE promoter allowed in MDR and MORE territory

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by TScott, Aug 21, 2010.

1. TScott

TScott Member

"According to the BLM, M.O.R.E. is now going to be the only Car/Truck Race organization allowed to put on Races in the Barstow/Lucerne area. In light of this there will be a merging of M.O.R.E. and MDR racers. Our M.O.R.E. racers practice fairness and good sportsmanship and make every effort to abide by the rules, I greatly appreciate that, I would expect nothing less from any new racer coming on board. In My opinion we are very fortunate to be able to continue the sport we all love, Therefore It is very inportant that we all pull together to make our organization run safety and efficiently.
    I would greatly appreicate everone cooperation in an effort to keep this sport alive."
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tipracer

Tipracer Well-Known Member

Re: M.O.O.R.E. and MDR merging

And what about P.C.?
  3. TScott

TScott Member

I don't know?
  4. pdailey

pdailey #billsson

M.O.O.R.E. and MDR merging

Drive?
  5. Jacob7672

Jacob7672 Nimrod de Ashcraft

It will be sad if MDR is gone for good
  6. Cronus

Cronus Active Member

A couple of things:

Where is this quote taken from?

I'd respectfully suggest that you change the title of this thread, since it implies that the MORE and MDR organizations are merging, when in reality all they're saying is that racers from MDR will inevitably be participating in MORE races now. The thread's title is guaranteed to cause confusion.
  7. TScott

TScott Member

What about MDR down south was she involved in that ?
  8. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

Quote is from Jim Clements of MORE.

IIRC, only mods can change thread titles.
  9. TRichards

TRichards Member

Although this is sad, the way things are going it might be for the best. There will be more race entries now. It might be good to get 150 to 200 entries if there is only one promoter. I hope in PC Drive is allowed to continue races.
  10. TScott

TScott Member

From the MOORE site. I only know what I read. But I do know that the moore officials aren't trying to screw MDR they are just trying to keep desert racing alive in so cal by cooperating with the BLM.
  11. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

Truth...
  12. BUSBY

BUSBY Scrambler

This is 100% correct.

Our company sells 99% of the race fuel in the Southwest. In dealing with different types of racing & different organizations ... I've seen co-sanctioning (at the least) in the past few years of this down economy. A lot of mergers in drag racing as well. It's unfortunate to see the pool of available/eligible/willing racers be divided up into at least 6 different sanctioning bodies (SCORE / BITD / SNORE / MORE / Drive / MDR). It would be nice to have 1/2 as many races on the calendar with double the car counts.

Everyone should embrace this because higher vehicle counts mean more entry fees, more entry fees usually mean larger purses and more sponsors.

This will be good for the sport & local racing in Southern California imo.
    1 person likes this.
  13. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

This could be a good thing. I read in another thread about the birth of MDR after the demise of La Rana where MDR took over the dates of the races vacated by La Rana. If More is willing to do the same (take over the MDR dates) then racing will continue in the area.
  14. harleys dad

harleys dad Well-Known Member

In the 70s and early 80s off road racing had only a few orgs and lots and lots of entries in each class at each race.The entry fees for score was even reasonable and no more than the others un like now. Dont know how well these 2 will blend, kinda like oil and water!?
  15. Ol' Curmudgeon

Ol' Curmudgeon RDC's resident crackpot

Why would MORE want to do twice the work for half the entries? Look at the PC situation, with DRIVE and MDR both having small turnouts.

I'd rather see fewer, but larger, races.
  16. y2kbaja

y2kbaja Well-Known Member

Yes, but we (off-road racers) don't want to lose permit dates for races on these areas.
  17. HDRA1

HDRA1 The Godfather

true but you can still purchase the permit but it does not mean you have to use the date. so that way none of the race dates are lost
  18. sloride

sloride Member

Exactly. Don't expect MORE to have any added race dates. That's ALOT of work for Jim and crew to take on and with all the rule changes for permits that are expected by the BLM it's only gonna get more difficult. I'd hate to see us lose any dates for races but for now I think we should be happy that we have any dates at all.
  19. TRichards

TRichards Member

If the dates are there then you can pick the best 5 or 6 rather than the leftovers. In PC I would like to see Drive pick up the Dash date on New years eve. That race is huge.
    1 person likes this.
  20. Triaged

Triaged Member

What about KOH? Is that not considered Car/Truck?