Out of state Raptor.

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by nimrod, Aug 5, 2011.

1. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

So there has been a lot of rumors and here-say about buying a Raptor out of state so here is the low down for Cali peeps buying out of state

Chris the GSM at Team Ford in Vegas gave me the "Racers Special" He passed me on to a salesman named Terry Arcemont. Team Ford buys all of their vehicles with California emissions and Terry showed me the print out as soon as I got there so no worries about that. They sold me a Raptor for WELL BELOW STICKER. PM me for the exact amount. (If you do buy out of state make sure it has CA emissions and not just the 49 state emissions)

Chris the GSM reimbursed me for my air flight, Terry had me picked up at the airport in a limo, they filled the gas tank for the drive home and detailed the truck, armor-all and everything! The whole experience was top level and PLEASANT. I hate buying cars just because I feel like it's me against them, plus I'm not a good negotiator. The whole Team at Team Ford made me feel like I was part of the team and that I was family.

At the CA. DMV I had to have the truck "verified" this took about 10 minutes and they do it right there at the DMV.
    I also had to get it smogged, that was an extra 59 bucks. Dealers in Ca. pay a fee to avoid smogging new cars which gets tacked onto the sticker so it was probably a wash other than me taking the time to go get the Short Bus smogged. No biggie cause I got a GREAT deal from Team Ford anyways.

There was no special fee or any other problem. Just registered it today and they handed me the plates. The new Cali plates are in place with my Team Ford license plate frame as I'm very stoked on them and don't mind letting people know how much I dig the Team at Team Ford.

I'm sure there are a lot of great dealers out there but in my search for a Raptor no one came close to Team Ford. They come fully Nimrod approved and recommended!

PS. This does kinda have to do with desert racing, if you don't think so just check out the parking lot at the next race, heck, or the starting line for that matter!
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    2 people like this.
  2. Jeepspeedster

Jeepspeedster Member

Sales Tax was charged at Cali rate?
  3. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Team Ford has great deals if you order a Raptor also. I have heard all kinds of horror stories about other dealerships giving guys a great deal when ordering a Raptor on the Raptor Forums. When someone else offers them more money they sell it out from under you and re-order you another one.

Though I bought my Raptor off of the lot I would not hesitate for a second to order one through Team Ford.

They are truly a first class operation!
  4. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

Yes, You don't pay any sales tax or license when you pick it up at Team Ford, you pay it when you register it here. It was 3400.00 bucks, I just paid it today at the DMV then they handed me my plates, registration, and stickers for the plate. They mail you the title if there is no lien holder.
  5. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

Nimrod maybe you can answer this. Typically you dont need to smog a new vehicle for the first 4 years in California. But because the DMV required you to smog it prior to getting your California plates and tags. Will you now have to smog it every two years, or will it revert back to not having to for the first 4 years?
  6. michael_loomis

michael_loomis Babe

He shouldn't have to again till the 4 years it up. That was merely for the "out of state" vehicle.
  7. Tipracer

Tipracer Well-Known Member

Glad to see you pulled the trigger...right on nim. Are you going to bend your frame right away...j/k
    A worth while thread...good job. rep to you sir
    1 person likes this.
  8. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

The smog thing felt a lot like dealing with a cop in TJ. the guy that verified it at the DMV was mostly verifying that it had Ca emissions
    and the the Vin matched the paper work.

When he finished he said "okay go get it smogged"

I said "you just verified the smog why do I need to smog it?"

He said "the dealers here pay a fee to avoid the need to smog check new vehicles. The state knows that they will pass so they just charge them the fee. Your dealer did not pay the fee so you have to pay the fee by having it smog checked"

Say what??? It'll pass but you still want your money????

YES

Hello TJ!
  9. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

You don't really get four years free. You pay a hidden fee up front. It's rolled up in the sticker price somewhere. Possibly the destination charge. I have no idea but I do know that you are paying for the four free years!
  10. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

SDHQ sells a bolt in kit to strengthen the frame in the bump stop area for 100.00 bucks.

Seems if you drive it like a factory built pre runner and not a Geiser built pre runner they hold up pretty good in the stock mode.

I am gonna order the kit though.
  11. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

If you're in the market for any kind of Ford or Lincoln product you should for sure give Chris a call at Team Ford. I'm dreaming of a Blue GT 500 for Mrs. Nimrod right now. I just gotta talk her into it!
  12. jamoffroad1

jamoffroad1 Member

so lets see it ?
  13. ScottyA

ScottyA Active Member

Geez Nimrod are you typing this in your ford uniform from the lot right now;)
  14. JasonHutter

JasonHutter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

Jason
  15. deano

deano McDeano

good info .. pm me the cost - thinking of unloading the BIG ole dually
    1 person likes this.
  16. PARTS PIMP

PARTS PIMP Member

transwest ford in fontana also supports off road racing and also gives racer discounts and is a truck specific dealer
  17. RANSOM

RANSOM Member

Come on Nimmy this thread is pointless without pictures!! lets see it.
  18. Dezertpilot

Dezertpilot Well-Known Member

Yeah piks or it didn't happen! Also what mods do you plan on doing?
  19. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

I'm Not planning on making her a "real" pre-runner. I had a Buggy and I'm ready to relax in style! I'll Probably run a lot of chase roads and such.

I Just got the bed rhino lined. I need to figure out a tool chest for her and a cargo track system for the bed. Hopefully some Deavers in the next week followed by a GPS from PCI. I gotta mount my chase radio in her I took out of my F-350. I hope to have the funds in the next few months to get some upper A arms and some aftermarket steering links, OH! and the light kit from Baja Designs to mount their LED lights in the grill opening. She's gonna look fairly stock from the outside but she'll be ready for some hard core chasing come race day!
  20. nimrod

nimrod KOOK!

I'm really looking forward to kicking up some high speed dust in her. The road to Mikes, the road out of Morelia junction, the road to bay of LA through Coco's, the Crossover road.

I've had enough smashing over whoops to last a life time. I do want to get her into Mataomi though and see how she likes that. The buggy loved it, I've never tried dragging a pumpkin through there so we will see. Picking the line might matter a little more now.