1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Parker 400

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by rdc, Dec 9, 2001.

1. rdc

rdc - users no longer part of the rdc family -

On Friday it was confirmed to the CC of Parker that BLM had authorized Whiplash to run the long loop for the 2002 Parker 400. Making the three laps almost 400 miles or more exact mileage is still unconfirmed though. And during the same phone conversation with Whiplash, organizer stated Ivan Stewart had just entered 20 Pro-Trucks in the 2002 Parker 400. Its starting to build into a huge race.

2. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

Lets look at a rundown now. We have Pro Dirt, Pro 10, Pro Trucks, Pro 1600, Class 8 coalition, Whiplash, SNORE, half of CODE from what I hear, and possibly PRO 12? Not to mention the SNORE class 9 should be called the class 9 coalition because there will easily be 30 of them. To top it all off it is going to be numerous drivers from other orgs come over, and we are running traditional 133 mile laps to make it over 400 miles. I dont know about you guys but I know where I am going to be come January.........................About 1 1/2 hours south of Laughlin on the river!!!!!!

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

3. JEFF_DICKERSON

JEFF_DICKERSON Member

Are you guys sure Pro-Truck said they would have 20 entries there? As of friday when I was at Pro-Truck Ron said there were 17 confirmed teams going to Laughlin.

4. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

I dont know, this is first I have heard about it.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

5. klaus

klaus Administrator

In my opinion Parker is racer friendly as you get to race more miles for less money, but Laughlin is spectator friendlier as you get to see more race cars per minute due to the shorter laps.

Both are nice venues and its sad that they happen on the same day.

6. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

Parker is pretty spectator friendly now that it has the gauntlet which is a 7 mile long stadium course with all kinds of jumps and turns. The cars have to go through that every lap, and there is always roll overs and huge jumps. You can see every bit of the 7 miles from any spot around the gauntlet, and with 200 cars running, there are going to be people coming through there all the time. It takes cars at least 5-10 minutes a piece to get through it. Parker has become more spectator friendly than laughlin now, and if you have a pit pass there is a lot to see, as you can travel to the pits far out there. You can also go to some very cool spots on the track if you get out there the night before the race and camp, and you dont need a pit pass that way.

7. Tom_Willis

Tom_Willis Well-Known Member

Well if ProDirt is running Parker, I'd guess the class 1 winner of the 2002 Laughlin Gran Prix is gonna be the red shark.

8. Rory

Rory Crayola Killer

It was just confirmed that Pro-spectator, Pro-Chaser, Pro-class11, Pro-challenger, Pro-Contingency, Pro-golfcart and Pro-prerunner will all be at Parker. Film at 11.

Racers Only

9. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

That leaves SORE International and Sal CARP at Laughlin.

PMC Racing

10. JCA

JCA Active Member

Carp?? Is that the ugly little fish that you should not eat?? LOL

J.C. Andrews
    Andrews Racing
    www.andrewsracing.com

11. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

The 400 is the place to be. Most all events in Parker are fun and the locals are funny to watch (except you Jimmy)! I have a friend that lives out there and he gets more and more local (Jerry Springer) every time I see him. How's the weather out there Jimmy? Kind of brisk here!

Anyway, there is usually a big spectator turn out and Jimmy is right, there is plenty of action to see (I think it's better than Laughlin) where ever you are.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

12. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

Suprisingly the weather is a bit cold out. No swimming this month.

PMC Racing

13. Tom_Willis

Tom_Willis Well-Known Member

Everybody should keep in mind the reason that there is a race conflict. It wasn't SCORE, it wasn't the Laughlin Chamber of Commerce, it wasn't the NFL, and it wasn't Whiplash. The person ultimately responsible for this all is hiding in a hole in Afghanistan................. And he is about to take the express train to allah, courtesy of the United States Armed Forces.

14. pciscott

pciscott Well-Known Member ADVERTISER

Amen Tom, Burn Osama Burn!!!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

15. JrSyko

JrSyko Jerry Maguire

Kick some ass in your "new" Trophy Truck Scott! Good luck and I will see you in Laughlin!

16. Vtr_Racing

Vtr_Racing Well-Known Member

Well, I am personally glad to see Parker back. I think Score made a mistake by not fighting for this classic race. To bad they arent using the old format with 1 loop on the Ca. side. Cant complain though just glad to see it back....
    Marc Choquette

Speed Safely

17. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

It will be a cold day in hell before the CA side gets run again. I love the BLM. Things like this is why we need to fight for our off road areas, and not let them take anymore. Once they are gone it is so hard to get them back, and us as the off road community can't afford to lose anymore.

PMC Racing

18. martininsocal

martininsocal Active Member

jimmy-believe it or not, the loss of the california side was still up in the air recently. there was nothing in stone about not running that loop. sal just never fought for it. in the cirrent neco/nemo plans, the environmentalists are trying to get the california loop abolished from the blm maps permanently. if the line on the map disappears, then the land will show as roadless and qualify for wildland designation(pretty much like wilderness). in fact, the entire california side of the colorado from just north of blythe to needles will be tacken out of the publics hands for use. i know lots of folks who offroad north of blythe and it amazes me that the federal gov't is buying off on the roadless thing when the federal gov't used this whole area as a tank training ground for ww2!

If your gonna go, go BIG

19. Jimmy8

Jimmy8 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, is that there are roads all over the place out there, and people can go out there any day of the week. A whole lot to see, and it is far from roadless by any means. BLM make me laugh, especially hear in Parker. There are signs and cable all over the place hear in the desert they put up, but there is no sign of them anywhere until the day before the Parker 400, and then the day after it they leave and you dont see the again for another year. You have free run of the desert 364 days a year, its just that one day a year they get crazy. Where are they at when its 120 out in June, sitting in there big air conditioned office as far away from the dez as possible.

PMC Racing