1. Forum membership has its advantages....

PBS transmission

Discussion in 'Shop - Driveline' started by prolitewayne, Dec 26, 2011.

1. prolitewayne

prolitewayne New Member

Hello all. I am wondering how many are using the PBS sequential 5speed, what engine are you using it with and whether it has been a reliable package... Thanks

2. prolitewayne

prolitewayne New Member

:confused: Anyone?? has anyone seen these in use at all, heard anything good or bad?? :confused:

3. 07FJRog

07FJRog Well-Known Member

I met a guy in glamis that runs one on a LS7 and heavy car, twice had 2nd gear issues, but this last time all went well apparantly.

4. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

The PBS seem to be popular with the sand car guys. I know Brian at Fusion Race Cars just built Rick Wright from Wright Gearboxes a new class 10 car and Rick chose the new PBS 5 speed for his car. He just raced the Snore Rage at the River and did OK for his first outing. Fusion is also building a class 10 for Brett King and I thought they were considering putting the PBS in that car too.

Maybe call Wright Gearbox and ask Rick why he chose the PBS 5 speed and get his thoughts on it in a race application. My guess is it must be a pretty good piece for a trans builder to chose it for his own personal car.

5. prolitewayne

prolitewayne New Member

thanks for the info... funnily enough i have got a fusion being built at the moment and have spoken to those couple of guys, i was trying to find others that may have had some experience with pbs....all good now will order one and i will have some feedback for anyone else real soon!!:)