1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Penalty , DQ or whats your honest opinion

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by B-Dub 1020, Dec 12, 2011.

1. B-Dub 1020

B-Dub 1020 Well-Known Member

For an example I'm just going to say this was my son and my team. The 1st lap of class 10 RATR my son pulls into the hot pits while battleling for 1st place as he gets to my pit he's passed by 2nd place and we realize his roof is gone on his car. We just send him back out so he does not loose any posistion or time and he keeps going around the live race track at full speed with an unsafe car, we know its against the rules and I am a BOD member. Even though someone called and reported on us by radio 4 times to the officials (I personally heard it) we are not stopped at the S/F line. We finally get a roof to the hot pit call him into the pits put it on and he continues to the finish line. Now what do you think should of happened if anything time penalty, DQ ???. PS my friend/ teamate was stopped for a flapping window net had to pull off the track, fix it and then was allowed to continue going from 1st to 3rd in his class 12. Thanks and be honest.

2. fishd00d

fishd00d What A Joke

If you start the race with one and you crash or something happens that causes it to come off then so be it. No stopping and no penalty IMO. Its a racing accident.

3. gotteracing

gotteracing Active Member

normally i would say time penalty. but being a safety issue. and they were aware of it by radio. dq maybe in order.

was it justin davis? LOL

4. Big Fish

Big Fish Member

If they didn't stop you at the start/finish, there shouldn't be a penalty. You fixed the problem and finished the race. If they tried to stop you and you didn't stop, I would say possible DQ.

5. Randy Ross

Randy Ross Member

Our team would not send the car out with out a roof if they did we would need a new member to make those decisions, with that be said safety should be Number 1 on any team,promoter,pit member, spectator,driver, etc especially after the tragic accident in Aug. For someone to treat this lightly is not only dangerous to the driver, but also to the whole sport that we know and love. With that being said a review with the following depending on the severity i.e driving 100 yards to fix it to continuing on multiple laps, would be a warning,time penalty,DQ, SUSPENSION FROM RACING IN ALL PROMOTERS RACES. We all love to win badly,but to sacrifice Safety to win is not acceptable. Just to note I have no idea who this is or what the circumstances were.We all are on thin ice when it comes to desert racing and we need to be on our toes.

Randy Ross

6. robertharman

robertharman Member

What are SNORES rules on this?

7. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

I just skimmed the SNORE rulebook and this is all I found...

SCR48 Chassis and Body
    All body parts shall remain on the vehicle (accidental damage excepted) during the entire race. As specified in individual class rules, body/chassis series must be maintained with body/chassis combinations.

I say -NO- DQ or penalty. To me you did not remove the roof on purpose it just accidentally fell off.

8. B-Gereghty

B-Gereghty Member

i was pulled off to inspect my net(fix) when they pulled me off they putt me up against a water barrier so I had to putt it in revers a huge nono with any race trans , as I dont know wether this insadent would have changed the outcome it was stii messed up parking me against the barrier as i could have raced RASH up the wash and poss beat him and stayed out of his dust ,Ill take what happened butt snore needs to get there shirt together and do some thing about being fair what CODY Freeman did was what any racer would have done , I think it goes back to snore having favorites and if your not a freeman or in the little click they have then they decid to play by the rules ,CODY what about tech I was 2 cars in front of you and they called you to cut to the front so you can get done early , also How about the Biggest one of all and I dont care racing is suppose to be fun and for the family,or so thats what snore says,, WELL WELL WELL my biggest upset of all was when I heard they denied Robert Gross-and- Spooners Kids from racing , Yeah there is a lot of bittere blood there they came up with a preped race car and a plan on letting all the pit crew KIDS family drive and ride in the car as they were going to do pit stops every lap and putt 2 new people in the car , and they told both familys to go home they are not welcome. I am dum founded on the weekends turn of events. I guess i need to go change my name to freeman if I want to race with snore. there were also more that i could say butt there were a few sorrys said sunday to me so ill be nice !! Ill see you all at the HDRA redline at state line .

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  9. Randy Ross

Randy Ross Member

Then why did they make them put the roof on if it didnt have to be per the rule book???

10. Ryan_P

Ryan_P Well-Known Member

As did I. It says the following under Competition Regulations:

These regulations apply to all classes unless otherwise noted in supplementary regulations. Unless the class requirement or safety regulations specifically state that a modification or optional equipment is permitted, it will not be allowed. SNORE’s intent when prescribing specifications for safety equipment for vehicles that will compete under SNORE rules is to provide adequate protection to all entrants and spectators. SNORE does wish to encourage all entrants to give full attention to safety requirements. When operating a vehicle on the race course, at any time, including warm-ups and testing, entrants must wear an approved helmet, protective clothing, eye protection, and safety equipment. All body components and nets must be properly secured during such operations.

If you are required to start the race with a roof, it needs to be on throughout the duration. Not, let's wait 2 laps until I've put enough time on the car behind me to make the fix. Don't pull Billy Gereghty to a stop and make him secure his window net, and let Cody Freeman keep going without a roof for two laps. Both are for the drivers and co-drivers SAFETY.

11. Jerry Zaiden

Jerry Zaiden Well-Known Member

Yes but SCR48 also says accidental damage excepted. So IMO the rule book needs to be written a little more clear.

12. CRAIG_HALL

CRAIG_HALL Well-Known Member

Putting on a roof is easy if you actually have it. What if you don't? Nobody has a spare that'll fit, then what?

13. Pee Wee

Pee Wee Active Member

Club racing sucks when you aren't a member of the club.

(+2) 2 people like this.
  14. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

I have seen somebody duct tape a corrugated plastic pit sign on a buggy that had rolled and lost its roof. dont remember what team it was, but it was a snore race, primm i think. a couple years ago...

15. Ryan_P

Ryan_P Well-Known Member

Understandable. However, Billy's window net accidentally came off. Why stop him, and not the other?

16. Randy Ross

Randy Ross Member

Why is the roof on there to begin with to help the safety of the driver and or co-driver. So if it comes off go with out for a couple of laps because the rule isnt clear or your crew sent you out or the promoter let you REALLY. Are we really debating Safety here cuz of a grey area , a relative or anything else REALLY
    Your life and your co-riders life IS NOT WORTH IT.

Randy Ross

17. 07FJRog

07FJRog Well-Known Member

I was listening on the radio as well, neither team had an accident, window nets or roof. I agree they both equally should have been stopped until corrected period. because if someone would have hit them or rolled over and this did not prevent an injury and SNORE knew about it as heard by all, it could have been bad.

My view is, if they were flagged to stop for correction and ignored it, then a time penalty should be assest. I would have gave them instructions at a check point to proceed to HOT PIT and not proceed until corrected. Teams were suppose to monitor Weatherman anyhow, so there should have been oppourtunity to get parts into the hot pit in time before they cam through.

18. NIKAL

NIKAL Well-Known Member

How much of a safety factor is a thin piece of aluminum for a roof anyways? It is not going to stop anything from intruding into the drivers area. If the object is bigger the a golf ball it will dent or push in that light weight aluminum anyways. How many cars are using velcro to keep the roof latched down? Sort of a joke to use safety as the reason to have to have the roof panel on there anyways.

If we want to say the roof panel is there for safety then we should be mandating a thicker piece of aluminum and some sort of mandated latch system. I guess the biggest question is what does the series rules state and was it enforced?

19. dan200

dan200 #BSF200

Safety aside, this part matters. Bill, were they flagged or anything? Please describe...

20. Randy Ross

Randy Ross Member

A thin piece of Metal serves more than people think. Is it the cure all to prevent all injuries no. But does serve as a deflection and impact absorbtion to help on the impact and absorbs energy