Plaster City, Superstition, Ocotillo Wells NEEDS YOU NOW! Please Read!

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by dwasser, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dwasser

dwasser Well-Known Member

I just got back from the El Centro BLM office and was handed a peice of paper from the EPA that is directing the following:

"ICAPCD (Imperial County Environmental Pollution Control District) should evaluate the feasibility and impacts of additional restrictions in recreational OHV areas, such as closing some of the 250 square miles that are open to OHV use that are particularly likely to impact populations, and restricting OHV activity during summer months when there is virtually no rain to reform surface crust."

Public comment is due by THIS THURSDAY 3-25-10!

This effects OHV users, Farmers, Local Land Owners, Construction Companies, The Imperial Irrigation District (handles cannals and cannal access roads), and anyone else that may kick up a little dust in the course of their day while in Imperial Valley.

Please take the time to submit a comment. Keep it respectful and mention all the groups listed above. There are thousands of people that use these areas. We need thousands of comments to make our voice known.

Please forward this to everyone you know that uses Plaster City, Superstition, and Ocotillo Wells. We need racers, play riders, off-road companies, farmers, construction companies, and the IID to make their voices heard before THIS THURSDAY!

Link to submit a comment http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#submitComment?R=0900006480aab912

I am also attaching the full document and I suggest that you read it first before commenting so that you are educated on whats going on.

My last post about coming together as a group may have been a little harsh so for this one I am begging. Please take action now!

Attached Files:

2. 1BAJA03

1BAJA03 Well-Known Member

Done thanks Doug...
  3. bomber

bomber Active Member

Thank you for keeping us informed Doug. I'll be posting this to our site and letting others involved know as well.
  4. dwasser

Mods. I don't know that making the thread sticky is good or not. Maybe if it falls off the front page it would be a good idea but, maybe just let it ride for now.
  5. <Cody Agee>

<Cody Agee> Whippersnapper!

Done. hopefully my 2 cents actually matters
  6. s@ndm@n

s@ndm@n Member

7. Bryan J

Bryan J Active Member

sent it in. i hope our voice is heard
  8. ibismojo

ibismojo Member

Submitted. Of course CARB's name is in this, not surprisingly.
  9. dwasser

Make sure you think about the $ going into the county. It's key to gaining support from local officials. We have no time to waste here.
  10. JoeyD23

JoeyD23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Doug!
  11. chuckput

chuckput Member

Done.

Keep up the good work Doug.

People. These are YOUR public lands they are talking about. Get with it and write. Talk to people. Make connections.
  12. dwasser

I've been on the phone most of the day. It's amazing how many people you can reach in a short amount of time. I've talked to developers, farmers, racers, off road businesses. Each of them has their own network of people to contact.

Don't sit back and think that it's hopeless. Once you do that you make it happen for the wrong group.
  13. AZ1000

AZ1000 2009 DRIVE CHAMP

Thanks for brining this up Doug, I have sent the link to our sales force to contact our farmer and contractor customers tomorrow. Again, there's that Passion!!!
  14. dwasser

Perfect example of what could be with the OHV community if everyone got involved. AZ1600 works for a large company that sells farm equipment. He's now launched "a thousand ships" which will "launch a thousand more". I think the main problem with the OHV community is us not realizing just how much power we have. We are strong, we do have numbers, and even in this economy we do have $ that goes into the local governments.

Stand up, be proud of what you do (Hobby or business), and get involved.
  15. tmathews

tmathews Well-Known Member

done!! didn't know what I was supposed to send them.. so I kinda winged it... lol
  16. mcheck

mcheck STEEEKERS!!

Sent!

Come on people, take 10 minutes to read the article and submit a comment. STRENGTH in NUMBERS!
  17. hallracing

hallracing Member

This sucks,the APCD creates more dust driving on the unpaved county roads on there way to give the business or construction company a ticket.I have been the 1 who has received the ticket. Done sent my comments thanks Doug.
  18. Walther Works Inc

Walther Works Inc New Member

SENT!! also sent email to everyone i know!
  19. jsmstorm

jsmstorm Member

Done and done...
  20. Race Whore

Race Whore Member

Everyone should take 2 minutes and do it.
    Thanks Doug
    1 person likes this.