1. Forum membership has its advantages....

Please Pray for Justin Imhoff - 8x

Discussion in 'Desert Racing' started by kim, Nov 20, 2010.

1. kim

kim Rescue 3

This is taken from the District 37 forums. Justin is the young man on Honda B team that crashed hard on Thursday night. Lots of thanks go out to the good folks like Ricky Johnson and Pinnard who stopped and stayed with Justin. Justin has been part of D-37 since he was just a little kid. We have all watched him grow up and grow into the phenomenal racer he is today. Please pray for his recovery.

Saturday November 20th 7 am
    Well obviously this is not the message i hoped to write at the end of our trip, but life, especially life as a racer, sometimes throws curves at you. I will try not to ramble on but i wanted to update you all a little.

First off, we had an awesome week of pre running and hanging out together, which as any dad will tell you, is the greatest part of being a dad. Justin ran his section many times (mostly with Morgan cuz i cant go fast enough!) and felt really comfortable. He never even mentioned the area that he crashed as a concern. He got to meet and compare course notes with Ricky Johnson (strange coincidence) who is absolutely the most outstanding man i think i have ever met.

Come race day we had a long wait at the hotel. Justin and i talked a lot (not just that day) about riding in baja, and how you just cant crash, there is ho help for you etc etc. He told me he was a little concerned about cows on the course cuz he had seen several while night pre running but no big deal. By the time he got on the bike, we knew he was in second, no real chance for first, and nobody to worry about behind him. Timmy had light probs and flats and told J to just bring it home for the championship.

I doubt we will ever know what happened after that, he only went about 15 miles. I ended up getting to the crash site to get him. It was a really rocky (loose and buried) road where the edges of the road were lined with rock from being graded over time. I later asked Morgan how fast they were going over that section cuz i knew i would have just picked my way through it and he said "pretty fast, just let the bike dance a little" so im sure J was going at a decent clip, maybe even pushing it too hard to impress his new team and team boss, even though Johnny told him a hundred times he didn't need to impress anyone, he is a 17 yr old kid after all, and his life was about racing.

I won't bore you with the unbelievable trek it took to get him to La Paz (my bro's customer, Drew Belk, class 5 racer removed seats from his turbo prop and flew us to la paz for a better hospital) Johnny was working like crazy to get a flight but the life flight could not leave ensenada due to fog so stabilizing him was the best option. la paz was a good hospital, did lots of test said he looked ok, but he would not wake up, and i knew he was not right. we spent the next several hours waiting for the flight, and things just don't go as quickly down there until i could finally get him back. the flight crew put him out and ventilated him and now he is at ucsd hospital.

Not much else to report right now, they are trying to figure out why he won't respond, no brain swelling, no obvious signs of damage, possibly a lack of oxygen when he first crashed but who knows, i know that is a great hospital and he is a tough kid so we'll just go with that for now. i talked to Ricky and he was real upset about the whole deal, he said he saw J ride pre running and how talented he was. I am so thankful for him and Pinnard (sp?) stopping and helping him.

Thanks for all the. calls and texts, sorry i cant respond to very many, but the support of this racing community is unbelievable. You can visit if you want, but can't guarantee you can get in to see him, but he's not alert anyways so maybe later is better. ill update in a few days maybe, thanks all

Mechanic of #1x, 2010

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41725

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    (+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. Waldo

Waldo Safehouse

Prayers have been said...Godspeed Justin's recovery!

3. 4x4nutz

4x4nutz Well-Known Member

Prayers sent, and more on the way......

4. randy68

randy68 Well-Known Member

Wow, what gut wrenching news.......

5. Mary Kay

Mary Kay PRINCESS

Prayers sent from Crandon, Wisconsin.

6. Dirtworks Films

Dirtworks Films Active Member

Stay strong my brutha...

7. xjchaser

xjchaser Well-Known Member

Father God we lift Justin up to you in prayer, Lord we ask for the Holy Spirit to annoint Justin his family the Doctors and medical staff that are involved in this complete healing. Lord guide the doctors hands give him supernatural vision and clearity to see the problem and perform the correct procedure to cure the condition. Father we ask you to use this moment for your purpose and make it perfectly clear to all involed that your devine intervention took place. I pray all would see and feel the mighty hand of God, Lord touch them all and let this situation bring all your children closer to you. Calm and comfort Justin and his family hold them tightly in your loving arms as the complete recovery takes place.

Through our precious Lord and Saviour your son Jesus I pray...Amen

(+3) 3 people like this.
  8. REEVESRacing

REEVESRacing Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, so sorry to hear of these challenges, sending prayers.

Heard this on WM, heartbreaking, and been there in Mex, time just stops. RJ is special, ck'd up on my young daughter n I at dusk in middle of nowhere Baja...

You guys are so lucky to share this, hope to see you racing together soon.

9. DNR pit crew

DNR pit crew New Member

prayers from Double Nickel Racing. Our thoughts are with Justin and his family and hope for a full recovery

10. deano

deano McDeano

prayers go out to the entire Imhof family, if any thing, age is on young Justin's side ---- hang in there JH ......

11. fusionoffroad

fusionoffroad Well-Known Member

prayers from Fusion OFF-Road, get well soon brother

12. Roice

Roice Member

Prayers sent for a quick recovery.

13. Mathis

Mathis New Member

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

14. Vtr_Racing

Vtr_Racing Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Kim, I posted in the bike section same type of info. Ill leave it just in case. Prayers sent to the Imhoff family and friends.

15. djdrew8

djdrew8 Member

Thoughts and prayers sent to whole family. God Speed!

16. kim

kim Rescue 3

Steve "Chappy" Hanson stopped by the hospital today and prayed with the family. We all know that Steve has been witness to many miracles. I feel better knowing Justin has "Chappy" on his side.

Thanks Steve.

17. 450grl

450grl Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers go out from Weller Racing for a fellow racer.......please keep the updates coming and your hopes up!!

18. harleys dad

harleys dad Well-Known Member

Doug I cannot imagine the hurt you are going threw as a father rite now Keep strong!

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  19. RacerX1

RacerX1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Chappy and Kim! The ImHof family are a wonderful family. They are all very close and this is just so tough on all of them. Justin is a great great kid with so much determination. Thank you for praying for our friend and member of our huge off-road family. WE LOVE YOU JUSTIN!!!

20. worcs761

worcs761 Member

Lord please care for young J and allow our prayers to pull a dusty tear off to clear the trail ahead. God bless your son.